Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sarah - we planted White cedar and some white pine (yes wind break) and some oak trees. I also planted some elderberry bushes/trees. I love to make elderberry wine :)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Sara - back in the day when I took a water pill, my doctor had me take it in the morning, so that it didn't wake me up in the middle of the night with having to go to the bathroom.
    In the ensuing years, we found other blood pressure meds that were better for me than a water pill. Every Body is different though.

Lynn - many years ago, my parents planted what seemed like a hundred various pine trees (for a dollar apiece?) and a few select little maple babies. By the time my folks passed away and we had to sell their home, there were nice sections of "forest" all around their house. This was in Saratoga County, NY. My mother used to call it her "state park".
    I wish you luck with all of your little green ones!

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn (where are you Kathryn? 😥) and Tracy and Holly and Runa and Meghan in Alachua Florida and Saltine in Winnipeg and Tracey in Edmonton and Missy in the Northeast and Maureeeeeeeen 2 hours away from Lynn.

It is after 5PM here.....

*snapping fingers for The Cabana Boys to start serving zero-point zero-calorie keto-friendly refreshments*

Lana
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Lynn, if I could I'd send you some of the maple seedlings all over our yard, I would. It's a jungle out there. Argh!! Maureen you would be proud of me. I walked in the drizzle this morning. At least the sun came out this afternoon. The doctor said I could double my meds so I'm going to see if it helps the downers. Waves to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Lana puffy ankles is my main reason to see if the hctz will do any good. That and it might look nicer on the scale, but ankles first. I stopped wearing socks..... and looked down :o . Because of my other meds it was suggested this one I take with dinner and as I drink enough water - I still get up middle of the night so it doesnt matter.

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    holly1283 wrote: »
    Lynn, if I could I'd send you some of the maple seedlings all over our yard, I would. It's a jungle out there. Argh!! Maureen you would be proud of me. I walked in the drizzle this morning. At least the sun came out this afternoon. The doctor said I could double my meds so I'm going to see if it helps the downers. Waves to all.

Way to go, Holly. I walked in the rain and thought about y'all. I decided that the first couple of minutes are a bit annoying, but once I was good and wet, I barely noticed the rain. Running in the rain seems a lot easier, but my knee isn't ready. Started PT last week, though--via Zoom. Running in the rain is easier b/c you get so much "feedback" ("NOOOOOOO") from the rest of your body when you start out that you don't notice the rain. :) And once you are hot, it feels so good.

Lynn, where did you get the trees? Sounds like a good plan and a lot of work. How far apart did you space the trees and how deep did you plant?

As of today I've lost 11 lbs in 60 days, just over 5 days to lose each lb. I can live with that. I'm trying not to eat back my exercise cals but some days, I'm just hungrier so I do. The exercise is still walking and not terribly vigorous, but all the fresh air does whet my appetite.

I may have to go to Florida at the beginning of June to take care of my mom if my sister has surgery. Still have a reservation to visit another sister in AZ (on the Navajo reservation) on June 19 and can't decide if I should cancel it. Canceling is free before May 1. I really want to see my sibs and mom in FL and my sis in AZ, but so many variables--including, will I be safe to see mom if I fly there? I know airports are pretty empty right now but what will it look like in another 5 weeks? I'd risk getting it now/sooner if I knew I could only get it once, but that is far from clear yet. Sigh.

I had a 2nd lovely walk in beautiful evening weather today. Dogs are so happy.

Take care, all.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog who is fed and back in bed - I will do likewise soon.

Back to work, if I dont sound too enthusiastic it is my Monday - get the tea going and see what happens.

Maureen - Great Job!! I also understand your hesitancy about flying see if you can get a N95 masks at a medical supply store and wash your hands like crazy. If she has her surgery, I just reread. Be prepared for your safety anyway.

I need to get my assets off my chair (knit a little less) and get outside and walk more. My food choices are pretty stinky right now (all emotional and stress), and I have put off making things - lazy and bored - not good together.
    So with any luck I will roast vegetables and then make two sets of meals.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~

Sara - copy that on the water pill! Also on the getting up to go to the bathroom. I've had that all my life.

Maureen - congratulations on the weight loss! You are working hard at it, and you are getting good results!

Yay Holly for walking in the rain !

I have an online therapy appointment. A walk after that, which I am looking forward to.

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Runa and Missy and Kathryn and everyone else who stops by later on~~

BBL

253.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Stopping in to wave! be back later...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say HI! Seems like forever.
    I am not sure if I will ever be able to catch up with past posts!
    Hope everyone is doing well. I will pop back in and post more later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop in and say HI! Seems like forever.
    I am not sure if I will ever be able to catch up with past posts!
    Hope everyone is doing well. I will pop back in and post more later.

Kathryn - OMGosh it is So good to see you. Listen, it is far more important that you jump back into your lounge chair here by the pool than to worry about being able to read back over everything. That is too much.

I am so glad to see you. Just chill and let The Boys massage your feet, .....really.

Big Big smooshie hugs~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey you All~~

I'm a bit superstitious. OK, as a theater person, I am very superstitious. Certain things have great meaning for me...

A full sized adult rabbit just appeared in my back yard. I have not seen one since late last autumn. I will never know whether this is the same creature as last year, but boy am I happy to see it. I am hoping that this is "my bunny of good luck" from last year.

crossing fingers he or she comes by again every day

Lana
  • mkculs13
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Lana, do you like bunnies? I hope this one was good luck for you. I had 10--yes, 10--back in 2015/16. It was so cute but too much work. I bought my kids "two females." Uh huh. 8 babies later, we had chaos and cuteness.

The dark one is Daddy/Pablo, and the lighter one is Mama.

abvkrhl7k6wo.png

aq8o2ssen9di.png

The bottom row is the 2nd litter of 4. We found the first litter on March 28 and I immediately removed Daddy--then was reading up to figure out what to do next, and discovered they mate right after birth. Yup, Mama had 4 more exactly 28 days later.

I have video of 9 eating at once (Daddy had to be kept away from Momma at that point), and playtime on my deck. So glad I had those.

We had a few die, and placed all the rest eventually.

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a good, busy day with work and walking with the dogs. Cloudy, humid, but at least warmish here--hurray.

Stay well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog is fed and content for now.

Maureen - my gosh you could have been flooded with bunnies!! They are adorable.

Lana is pictures of bunnies the same thing for good luck??

Roasted my asparagus and potatoes while I worked and will attempt the pasta dish my father sent me. Boredom is making for bad food choices, so I need to stop that for awhile. I also made myself go walking on one break and after dinner. Small steps back to a better place.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Maureen - how adorable! Little bundles of fur~~ Yes ten of them must have been a lot of work.

Sara - yes I think that photos will fill the bill. I hope that you enjoy the working from home. No weirdos chattering next to you, etc.

The pool boys are coming (for real) today to open the pool. I am looking forward to looking at the blue-ness.

BBL

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    I would love 10 bunnies if I did not have to clean up after them. How adorable!
    Looking at rain out the window today and yesterday....April showers bring May flowers.
    A couple of things - small steps to get right again. I stopped having a glass of wine most nights - reserving for weekend nights. This week I stopped the extra snacks after dinner as well. The bad thing I stopped since our routine got flipped upside down is my morning walk. Still do my lunch walk. But that will be next weeks goal. Would've done this week - but too much rain :) Yes Maureen I know - walk in the rain. Too lazy in the AM.
    Kathryn - also very glad to see you well!
    Have a great Wednesday!
  • mkculs13
    Options
    I am taking today off b/c of the rain :) I needed a break so any excuse . . . but the day's not over and if I get desperate, I'll head out for a couple miles without the dogs. I don't think they could stand it on leash and I do not want the mud of a dog park today.

The bunnies were absolutely adorable and if any of my kids had helped, we might still have them. They were not what anyone bargained for, however and they poop so, so much. It's great fertilizer but my neighbor complained about the smell (hello, we smell farms around here . . .) So I made my decision.

Doing back and knee PT exercises, and I can really feel it in my abdomen. Back is a bit "iffy" right now. Knee--can tell any difference but I just got started. My legs are stronger already, though.

Hoping all are well and happy today.
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Lynn, I caught this as I was scrolling - do you have an elderberry wine party when your crop is done?

Boss is back at work - which means meetings and emails- bleh.

Temps are down to "normal" for us which is nice. The heat will find us soon enough.

Water pill and drinking lots of water is showing on the scale and that is a nice change.

Wave to all who follow, stay safe.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

The past 14 days I've been "recovering" from the Las Vegas Icky Experience, and my eating has been way too liberal and unplanned. Mr. Scale has been tracking for me. Today was a jolt.
    It's time to get with the program Lana!

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana

256.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Happy Thursday (I just realized I thought it was Friday and I had to correct my greeting). I slept late--all week, basically. I miss my early morning rising but for the most part I am sleeping better (yeah!). We had fierce winds last night and I fell asleep listening to it, plus my wind chime. I love falling asleep like that.

Lots of work for the next 2 days but also my house cleaner is coming today, for which I am SO grateful.

Sara, I thought you were working from home?

Lana, some things just need time; I'm guessing that sooner or later, that time will become a memory without emotional impact. And hopefully, one that you can find humor in.

We have sun today and I'm happy about that. My daughter and I will go to my work site--it's an off-campus site that no one else uses--while the cleaner is in the house. Dogs can go too :) I need to look around there and see what I've been forgetting about for my students. I can do my afternoon hours and then just come home to a clean house.

Stay healthy, all.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning
    Lana - I too got a jolt this week from the scale. Shouldn't be a surprise...I deserve it- every last ounce.
    Sara - I may have an elderberry party - yes! that is grand idea! In the past year I used up alot of my favorite wines for wedding events - it is time to restock! :)
    Maureen - have a great outing!
    lurking ...
    Lynn
    CW194.4
    HW 207
    GW 189 by 5/31