Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Okay my cboy showed up today with another 1/2 of my yarn order, so look out for your cboy.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning up with the dog, who needs an alarm clock?

Keeping fingers crossed, I will be able to work from home starting tomorrow or next week. I have to move some furniture but it is not too bad.

Scale is moving downwards finally, so the shift to healthier foods is working.

Wave to all who follow, not sure if I can lurk, but I will try.
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Moijo2020 wrote: »
    I finally found what diet works with me long term, but I keep falling off the wagon because I feel bad when someone buys me something to eat I shouldn’t eat so I eat it and I’m back to square one craving those foods and having to withdraw off them again 🥴

I know how that is, seems like sabotage. Keep strong, You can do this!!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good morning All~~ Thursday it is, already?

Sara - I am in Chapel Hill, NC--flew here after the hell-time in Las Vegas. I avoided NYC like the plague, bad pun intended. Poor New York State and especially New York City--the virus has hit SO many people!

Sara, I took a chance and just sent an email to you, to the email address you had back in 2016. So check all of your mailboxes and junk mail boxes to see if you got it. If you have changed your email then I have a Plan B. My email address has not changed.

The Cabana Boys arrived yesterday with a package of colorful sheets and pillow cases for my bed. I had to order from Pottery Barn Kids in order to get some fun stuff.

5es3isnmi020.jpg

I need more coffee. It is dreary here today.
    Tracy, I think you're having the same weather, and Holly might get it up there in Penn. in a day or so....

*tossing sunglasses and bag onto favorite Cabana Club lounge chair for later*

Lana

253.0 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lana - I LOVE your sheets! Also very glad you are not in NYC.
    Sara - congrats on the scale and glad working from home will work for you!
    Moijo - self sabatoge. I am VERY good at that too. Keep on keeping on!
    Waves to all - Pool Boy, Maureen, Dawn, Tracey, Holly, Runa and all others we have not "seen" in a while. Hope all are well!
    Lynn
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I haven't had monorail in years! I really like it too. Might force myself to do outside work. Not a nice day here in PA but my brain cells need something. My knitting isn't soothing the savage sloth. Have a good day. Monorail really autocorrect! It was to be kohlrabi. Oops!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @Moijo2020, I was just thinking how important it is for me to avoid temptation--just don't have certain things in my house, etc. Yesterday I really wanted a salad so I ordered one. Picked it up and realized they made a sub. Didn't even think to look until I got home. So, I ate it at 2-3 times the calories I had counted on and had left. Oh, well. Today is better. But it made me realize I have so little will power when the food is right there. I do pretty darn well keeping it out of the house and not missing it. But if people were buying/sending me junk, I'd be in trouble.

I hope everyone is having a decent day.
    Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Holly - OMG that is hysterical about the monorail !!! I love it!

Sara - Congratulations on the scale tracking your success!! Also - very cool that you can work from home. I wonder what Miss Tillie will think of that~~

Wow is it possible that we have someone named Pool Boy? Welcome~~

Waves to Moijo too~~ welcome~~

Waving to Lynn~~

*snapping fingers to have Cabana Boy massage neck sore from too much jigsaw puzzle*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    LOL Lana - I thought same thing about Pool Boy :) I LOVE jigsaw puzzles. I get lost in them and time passes so quickly!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    @Moijo2020, I was just thinking how important it is for me to avoid temptation--just don't have certain things in my house, etc. Yesterday I really wanted a salad so I ordered one. Picked it up and realized they made a sub. Didn't even think to look until I got home. So, I ate it at 2-3 times the calories I had counted on and had left. Oh, well. Today is better. But it made me realize I have so little will power when the food is right there. I do pretty darn well keeping it out of the house and not missing it. But if people were buying/sending me junk, I'd be in trouble.

I hope everyone is having a decent day.
    Maureen

I hear you big time Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    LOL Lana - I thought same thing about Pool Boy :) I LOVE jigsaw puzzles. I get lost in them and time passes so quickly!

Jigsaw puzzles are a distant form of meditation - you concentrate on what is going on in the present moment, looking for that certain shape or color of a piece. That is why they have such wide appeal.

How are you doing up north?
    How far apart do you and Maureen live?

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    qumzemk16iif.jpeg

My SIL is a bored hair stylist....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF all over the place. Another long work week is finally over and I am happy to say I can work from home which means I get 30 more minutes to sleep. And my lunch break will not be spent waiting to use a microwave. Electricity bill will be interesting.... we shall see.

Now to make sure I drink the same or more water.

Dog woke me up and she is taken care of. I am hoping for more sleep time.

Wave to all who follow. Enjoy your Friday.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Dawn, I love that picture. OMG how cute!

Sara, glad you are enjoying the non-commute. Me, too. It's not even 30 minutes each way, but it makes such a difference in my morning routine. As I try to listen to my body, I'm finding I fall asleep sometime between 11 and 12 and wake around 7:30 every morning. If this is my natural pattern--and I'm not sure it is, b/c it started once I let myself nap a bit after work--it's no wonder I always feel tired as I get up and at the end of my work day. Add having to push myself to get out the door before my body feels truly awake; ugh. I'm going to try to cut the afternoon nap (or take it at lunch time) and see if I can fall asleep and wake earlier. I'd love to be waking up naturally closer to 5 or 6 am. I have in the past, and felt good. More time before work is a good thing in my world.

Holding steady in weight--bouncing in the lower 220s, no significant change in several weeks. Being patient with myself as I see what exercise is "just right" without making me hungrier. I know running, when I get back to it, will increase my hunger, so I have to plan for those days. My easy 3-4 miles walking -- divided into 2 walks--seems not to matter too much and I feel better over all.

Hoping all of you are getting more sun than me today, and looking forward to a fun weekend.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Dawn - thank you for posting that photo! LOL!

It's gorgeous out, but I am definitely drooping today. Darn.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    at break from work, had such a hard time with the new security system, but Tuesday will be easier as I figured it out finally. Dog not real sure what is going on yet and that's okay as neither am I.

Salad for lunch, dinner have no clue.

Maureen you keep walking,sometimes its the only thing we CAN do and yes it does make a difference.

Lana - oh the funny cards I can send you - nothing like Mario - these are all just cute or slightly wacky.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    at break from work, had such a hard time with the new security system, but Tuesday will be easier as I figured it out finally. Dog not real sure what is going on yet and that's okay as neither am I.

Salad for lunch, dinner have no clue.

Maureen you keep walking,sometimes its the only thing we CAN do and yes it does make a difference.

Lana - oh the funny cards I can send you - nothing like Mario - these are all just cute or slightly wacky.

bbl

Sara - Mario took the cake and the blue cocktail, wasn't it?

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hi all! Day off today from work. We got 150 trees that we put in the ground. All little things but we will see what make it!
    Lana - warming up a bit up north. Maureen and I are about 2 hours apart drive time ;).
    Sarah - enjoy the non commute
    Dawn love that pic!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.