Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning and TGIF

Maureen, I had at least 4 different "people" working on my computer yesterday - who knows what combinations of things they did that could have created this?

I am creating a list of foods that I have in the house to use for salads so I dont buy too much this weekend that I already have.

Dawn, humans are weird and will not ask for the one thing they really need because of pride/ego/vanity/fear. Glad they postponed the surgery and with any luck when they do need to your Mother can be a more "active" part of the process.

I am still trying to understand people in other states who "have the right to assemble and protest" stay at home orders while possibly infecting the whole group. Sometimes we have to do what is best for all of us even if it means being told what to do. Okay that's enough.

It is Friday and because my work is deemed essential, that is a lot. These weeks feel longer.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Ladies, I have an idea to share for salads.

Gather up a bunch of food containers; my favorite are the 2-cup Ziploc brand screw top containers. Then fill a half dozen of these containers with chopped vegetables and other fun things to put in salads. Replenish as needed, so that that chore is not overwhelming.

Each item gets its own container; nothing is mixed up ahead of time.
    Buy your lettuce or boxed greens.
    Keep handy some sliced cheeses, some ham or turkey, hard boiled eggs, dried cherries, nuts, seeds, rinsed canned beans. If possible, keep all of these items together in one part of your refrigerator, near the olives and pickles to add too....

When it's time to make a salad, just pull out your lettuce, some protein and 4 or 5 other items.
    Don't use every item every day, to make sure that you have that necessary variety.

Also, have a few different salad dressings available, so that you have that variety factor too.

Lana

251.2 today
    258.8 highest
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Dawn - I'm glad that your Gma's surgery is postponed. Sara said it all very well.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    TGIF
    Lana - can you come live withe me and be my food prepper? LOL Look at your check in number - great job!
    Sarah - glad it is Friday for you as well.
    Dawn- also glad for no surgery, that is good news, but sounds like a struggle. Sorry for that.
    Wisconsin is safer at home now until 5/26. Not a surprise. some areas of the State are struggling with too many cases while others, in the "northwoods" hardly have any. So many upset people. I understand, I get to work every day and am not financially hit. But it is such a struggle with so many dying. I would never be a politician but I would NOT want to be one now. Such horrible choices.
    Hoping to get my potatoes in the ground this weekend. First step to my summer garden!

Have a great day!

CW 194.8
    HW 207
    GW 186
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Before all this stay at home stuff...I was going to try to have a "salad party" with some friends.... it sounded really fun... once we get the all clear, might hafta try it...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Maureen--
    My condolences on the passing of your aunt. May she rest in peace.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good looking guy spent a great part of the day working on the computer - possible older /mature cboy candidate - married but we can ignore it for the eye candy. Most of my computer issues are fixed.

Friday baby - and my idea of a party is taking a nap. oh well.

Young neighbors birthday today made a 4th grade looking birthday sign and will ask other neighbors if they can contribute to her party, I have some nice individually wrapped chocolate.

Shopping this weekend and will think about next set of cooking that I can then freeze leftover servings so I dont have to rely on boxed meals.

Maureen- I am sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing. She had her rights written down and respected which is such a wonderful thing. Would making a donation to a charity even if small in her name be something that would be a positive action in a negative situation?

Okay no more essays- cabana club is open and dance music is on time to burn some calories!!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sara and Lana, thanks. I am hoping to find where to send a donation in her name; she would love that.

Glad to hear the computer issues were fixed.

Shopping tomorrow and not taking time today to think about it. Well, I still have time in the morning before I go.

Both my kids said they went to bed around the time I got up this morning. Geez. to be 18 or 22 again! :)

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Was going to go shopping in both places today and I just find it too stressful, so one today and one tomorrow. Will call Vet and see which day I can take dog in and get her "expressed".

Post office today to buy books of stamps and send cousin a book for his online business. We buy gift cards for small businesses, why not buy stamps from the post office and send cards to people who need a little kindness. I have a box of cards already....

Back to bed for me, dog who got me up is already in her bed.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. Sunny and 40, high of 59 later. Finally.

Sara, I love the idea of sending cards. I *never* do, and yet I buy them all the time. I will order stamps and get started.

If anyone wants one (or more) from me, just send me your mailing info in a private message.

How's everyone doing? I'm going out in about 20 minutes for a long walk. Hoping to miss crowds. My older dog is stiff and sore, so he needs some rest and I have to back off on throwing that ball. So Skye will go with me. On leash for practice. I'm thinking of the place I went last weekend that put me over the proverbial edge--but I'm pacing myself during the week and a weekend push is just good training practice. On the other hand, I would like to try some *very* light jogging--it's been a month. IDK yet what I will decide. I could choose both b/c the trail at the end of my hike is good for jogging.

I'm going to have to shop today--once my daughter is up and moving, hours from now. She and my son are going to bed when I'm getting up :) Hoping to clean the garage today so I can put my car back in. I stored all the ridiculous stuff I bought (non-food) too much of, even though I only bought 2 of each thing, for self-quarantining. I literally have enough toothpaste to last about 5 years. I bought two boxes of HUGE tubes, 3 tubes to a box, It's not even toothpaste I use. I was just in the mode of "don't hoard; just 2 of each," and those boxes were the only toothpaste left that day. SMH. Well, if the apocalypse follows on the heels of social distancing, I'm ready.

Have a lovely day.
    Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Slow start today. Dragging.

Lana

253.6 today. Curses. I hate when the scale tracks my over-eating.
    258.8 highest
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well, seems like not good news is my new thing...my male dog is peeing blood...he started needing to go out frequently on Thursday. But, he poo’d every time...so, thought it was tummy issue...then, he had a few accidents in house, which he had never done...DH noticed the blood. I took a fresh sample to clinic, for Doc to look at...he said, it could be really bad infection, but doesn’t think so.. he is afraid it’s his liver... he gave me 10 days of antibiotics, in case of infection...but, pup seems to be straining more and, I think DH is about to freak out if I don’t take for tests...so, will take Max with me Monday...ugh...and, this is the 1 year anniversary of losing our girl, Domino....well...think good thoughts...all I can do...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Maureen-so sorry about your Aunt...hugs
  • SuperStarSuperMum
    SuperStarSuperMum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maureen sorry to hear about your Aunt
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog. Hope to get her in today for her monthly necessity, Sundays at Vet is usually quieter.

Cooking to prep meals this week is on to do list.

Napping and knitting with any luck. Group of neighbors comes out to chat at late afternoon - we dont get too close and it is nice to have conversation.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow, Sara - you are SO fortunate to have that group of neighbors who come out to chat.
    I wonder if I could get that going where I am?

Dawn - it is good that you work where you work and can take Max in with you. Let us know.....

*tossing stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Waving to all who follow~~

Lana

252.6 today
    258.8 highest
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your condolences. My dad died in November, and his sister's passing has been a vivid reminder, so the past couple of days have been up and down.

Dawn, I'm so sorry about your dear dog. So stressful to have our pets in distress. I hope it's something than responds to the antibiotics.

Sara, how nice to have some social life with social distancing, and outside. My mom--90--had been taking a chair out under a tree to be out for a bit with her dog (in Florida). Soon, neighbors started coming with their chairs, and now there is a small group meeting daily, distancing about 10' each, in a nice circle. I'm sure they cannot hear half of what is said at that distance, some of them, but of course that's not the point at all. Quietly sitting at a distance, no one coughing or breathing hard, no one touching anything shared--I'm ok with this. My mom has always been so social. She is more likely to get Covid from an item brought into the house, although my sister who lives with her is a nurse who sanitizes everything and does not let mom handle much anyway, just in case.

I'm not showing consistent weight loss now. Had changed my settings to cope with hunger and went from losing about 1.5-2 lbs a week to losing nothing, or so it seems (weeks 4-6 for me). Some of it may have been overeating but it's hard to believe that my deficit was wiped out entirely by the occasional rough day.

Should I give it another week or 2? I'm frustrated by willing to think it may be the result of a lot of muscle change (swelling from too much vigorous exercise, building a bit of lean muscle be/c I finally started getting enough protein). Or am I just kidding myself?

Hoping you enjoy a lovely spring day as we seem likely to have here in South Central WI.
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Maureen never underestimate the power of stress and change. Focus on doing the best you can food wise and exercise wise - please think long term.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up again - if you saw what I eat, you would not be surprised. Luckily I keep my walking up otherwise the # would be worse. Pendulum is swinging in healthier direction with salads I will be making.

Seems our Director is having a little "chat" with us today - my computer is at work coworker contacted me and asked if I knew anything....... People are afraid of coming back to work as many people are not acting "safely". As I dont know we shall see - but I will update you.

Dog to Vet today - no more walk ins. She will be so happy again.

Hang in there, get your water and steps in. Stay safe out there.