Happy Easter everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Back to the grindstone.......

Up for dog she keeps me on schedule.

#2 shawl is done and I have to sew in the ends. #3 and #4 are on needles and yarn for #5 is waiting. I will be almost out of yarn - I have never been able to say that so maybe that is a good thing???

Apple crisp making today.

Wave to all who follow, catch you after work. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara - almost out of yarn? What is that like for a knitter I wonder? Hee hee 😄

Sending good thoughts out to Maureen.
    It's happening for her as I type this, or she is in recovery? XOXO

Waving to Dawn - I hope you are doing OK enough.

Waving to all the rest of you ladies~~

Time for breakfast and more coffee......
    Yes, the taxes work was finished on Saturday before Easter. Now there is a day's worth of personal financial junk to formulate, which will become the source for financial info for the divorce. Yick.

Lana

251.8 today
    258.8 highest
    234.0 goal for top of August
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lana; all went well and there was nothing to worry about with the results.

Except for the time I was asleep, I have been working from my phone, haha. But when kids need help, whatcha gonna do?

Take care all.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just found out, Gma is going to have surgery really soon. The polyp is causing her a lot of pain and discomfort. She meets with surgeon on Thursday. They want her there 3-6 days.... i'm really freaking out right now....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Sup is off until Thursday so the cat is away.....

Dawn - if they have decided for surgery and she is in a lot of pain, then they are choosing this option for her benefit. Breathe. She needs your strength. Can you go and take a long walk when things get too "freaky"?

Food choices are getting a little better and I have been doing okay with steps, so I am looking down the road to get the scale to work with me.

Wave to all who follow, will lurk from work!
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning, all. Feeling more or less back to normal.

Dawn, I'm sorry she has to go for surgery; that's stressful at the best of times. Sending hugs your way.

Sara, sounds like you are making progress in the right direction. I'm regressing-3 lbs as of this morning. I know it's not all a real gain, but I also know my evening eating has been a problem for a week or so now. Time to get a grip and get back on the horse.

We are expecting better weather tomorrow, and today is sunny if still cold. All of that is in my favor.

Wishing all a lovely day.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Whirlwind days - I tell you.
    Lurking...not much new. Catching up with all of your posts.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - I hope that you can find some calm for yourself as your grandmother gets ready for her surgery.
    Let us know what you learn about the Thursday appointment.

Maureen - so glad to see you posting and that your procedure went well!

Waving to Sara and Lynn and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I know, this is what needs to be done. This is from the polyp that her cancer Dr told her not to worry about, cuz it isn't cancer. Could have been done in Feb... oh well...I spoke with my Ex SIL who is an RN.. she made me feel a bit better... she is more concerned about infection caused by her diabetes, than Covid... so, if Mom doesn't throw a huge fit, cuz they want to keep her hopefully all will be ok. We won't be allowed to visit. I think that will be the hardest part for Gma...I'm sure she's not going to be a good patient... Thank you all, again...I will definitely let you know what happens Thursday...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up later than usual talking to neighbors. Interesting how many people are meeting their neighbors for the first time.

One more day without boss.

Bought yarn online stayed within my limit and did well. Tired of trying to make things work with the remnants I have. I will use them for a shawl, but nice to have new yarn for next projects as well.

Wave to all who follow. Will try to lurk from work.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. Hoping all are doing well.

Up and at it--lessons to plan and post. I spent 2 hours staring at myself on zoom. We have "office hours" where students can drop in. No one came -- not surprised. My group is chronically disengaged. Hoping they try at least once b/c some of them might like this and could then do "virtual" school even during the normal school year. By the time we get them, though, they have had 8-10 years of really bad school experiences, so I cannot expect too much.

Sun is up and it's 22 F.

Have a good one.
    Maureen
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Today I finally went to a public place in weeks. My daughter had been doing it for me. It was a small private little market. I wore gloves because of picking up the groceries. Pretty funny trying to get change out of my wristlet with rubber gloves on. No this market does not use credit or debit cards. Threw out the gloves upon leaving. It caused some anxiety. It feels good to get new yarn. My stash is so big it will take awhile. However I must buy white for a Christmas stocking I'm knitting. Food intake is too high in chocolate today. I know better. Hope all had a good day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

I have to edit, I wrote Midweek yippee it is Thursday, have grocery list and most of weekend " to do" already planned, which now makes sense that it is Thursday.

Holly good for you for shopping and choosing a small place to shop, less traffic when you went and all day. I try to go shopping when stores just open or just after to miss the rush hour business.

Dog was up and fussing. Seems she wanted out and to sleep with me. Hoping for more sleep before alarm goes off.

Wave to all who follow. Boss is back so no lurking but will check in after work. Spaghetti tonight!!

• mkculs13
    Options
    Looks like a busy morning here already. Happy Thursday.

I've been grading and responding to email for almost an hour already. Pup woke me up too early.

Praying for warmer weather. Woke up to 22F yesterday. 26F today. Sigh. PLEASE let it warm up soon! I'll still take out the dogs for a walk each day/visit a dog park, but it would be so much nicer in something above 50 F.

My weight jumped up after Monday's procedure, but back down again today. Trying to manage the evening eating.
    My son and I rewatched the Harry Potters movies over the last several days; always fun. He is reading the books for the first time, too. I'm going to start as he finishes. He's into book 3 and I have 1 and 2 on my table. Better get going.

Back to coffee and work. At least this way I can take a decent nap mid-day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

One eye is open; the sun is out; I am back home in North Carolina; and I am happy~~

Time to go to Trader Joe's and get some basics.

I am going to try to track my food today in the MFP thing. It's time to stop being a Lazy Lana.

😜

253.8 today
    258.8 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Computer database has mysteriously disappeared and I am waiting for IT to reinstall.......it may be awhile.

Printed out some healthy salads and meals and then some NOT healthy items but some only make 2 servings...... I am bored with my food right now and will go wickedly wild without a better game plan so even if I eat the grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese it will be better than eating out or some of the more decadent frozen foods.

Hang in there .
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Sarah - I love salads - filled with lots of variety. Tends to be though I don't take the time to purchase and then make the salads.
    Holly - glad you got out for the items needed. Such a strange world we have to navigate now.
    Hello Lana, Maureen, Dawn and all else who stop in.
    My week of learning control again has been going well. One plus is I did decide that I did not need a glass of wine most nights. We have a "fitness" room in our building which is closed. That is the scale I used to be consistent. So I had to find another scale option :wink: I figured it out! So back to my checkins.

CW 194.4
    HW 207
    GW 185 by the end of May

• mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, I wish I was in NC right now--and then on my way to Florida. Our schools are now closed for the year, so I can work from anywhere--heading to Florida was my first thought. I'd like to see my mom and sibs there. And, I'm tired of the chill; I just want it to be spring. Deep breath--I'm ok. Whine over.

Sara, how odd for a database to disappear. Sounds like no one is freaking out about it, which is good. I also know what you mean about needing some different options. I do really well eating the same things a lot--until suddenly, I'm just not willing. And I *never* have a game plan. Thank you--you just helped me realize I need to be prepared this time.

Lynn, I love salads too but the work is more than I generally want to commit. I love store salad bars. Which are closed now. And buying produce here is so frustrating--it seems to go bad so quickly. Especially lettuce, and I like salads with lettuce. At least I can look forward to some more local produce and order through our farmers' market. That might be fun.

I was out a couple of times with the dogs today. I'm actually looking forward to Friday and not having to work :) Seems a bit silly when working from home, for some reason. But then again, maybe it's good to have that normal looking-forward-to-the-weekend feeling.

Stay well, all.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    So, big relief, no surgery for Gma...yet...they determined today, it’s not as bad as they thought and, don’t want to risk it. Sounds like most things will be getting back to “normal” by May 15th...so, they will wait until after that. Gma is having bowel issues, but not wanting to be totally honest with her Dr. Unfortunately, Mom isn’t allowed to go in with her, right now. So, she is unable to talk to Dr herself...Gma really needs a home health person. But, same issue as with Gpa...insurance won’t cover much and, Gma is too stubborn to allow someone to come help her. I just don’t know how to get thru to her. Couldn’t do it with Gpa, don’t think I will be able to with her.