Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    wow I cant even imagine what a personal food festival would be for me, perhaps better not to think about it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My night has been spent ripping out a side seams of a blouse that goes straight down on the sides (my hips do not oblige) and sewing the seams up individually creating a "V" at the end of the blouse. Now I can wear it to work. Threading a needle was so hard that I got one of my yarn needles and used the smallest one I had.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Windows open 30 degree range in temps today, so bring in the cool air.

Baby Shower at work and Chicken Teriyaki at Cafe, so extra water please...... Will have 2 1:1 this month boss was out last month so..... so far so good. She thinks her evaluation scores are calling her stupid, no, they are calling her "never there". I was not in the mood to enlighten her after my "encounter" with her this week. I hope someone enlightens her. Nothing like not mentioning the elephant in the room......

Sleep before dog walk will be early. Just is.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Sara - Regarding your supervisor, she may already be aware of her absences causing her evaluation scores, but chooses to say something else out loud.
    I found, as I got older, that I opened my mouth a lot more at work, but as I look back on it, when it was regarding this co-worker interaction stuff, that in the long run, it was not only not worth it, but is very often came back to bite me in the ______. When you work literally that closely with so many people, there is bound to be urges to pipe up.
    And, as the above can prove, it is not really all that useful. So toss my words aside and know that I am only trying to sympathize with your situation, even if I can't find useful words to pat you on the back with.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dragging myself to the desk to plan out my food on the MFP thing.

Waving to all who stop by later~~

Lana

236.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - age has taught me to be careful of the battles I choose, so I am leaving the elephant to the "young guns" in my dept.

Make sure your start with using your favorite healthy foods. We may as well enjoy what we eat.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - yer so right about the "young guns" thing. I keep telling the new girl at work to keep to herself when it comes to certain things, and I just get a blank stare and, she continues to get in trouble. Some people just don't get it.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I forgot to mention how much I have earned for my fundraiser honoring my Grandpa. June was my best month ever! Thanks in huge part to the Flash Sale! I earned $104... my goal is $250! I'm keeping it open until I reach my goal. Thank you Sara for your order and thank you all for your support!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

TGIF!! It has been a strange week in that I found my salad spinach in the freezer and just found my granola in the fridge. End of day brain fog is my best answer. Note to self, do not multitask after work......Heat is also part of it, while not over 100 each day it doesnt get below 65 at night so unless you have a high electricity bill none of us are sleeping terribly well.

Window is open to cool down as much as I can.

Dog's allergies and water intake means I hear her sometime in the middle of the night, cant blame her and it is a short trip - and as Dawn says, more steps.

Dawn - good job with your Scentsy sales!!

Meeting up with coworker tomorrow to go to large thrift store in town and then have lunch at the International store and give her a tour of where things are.

Miss the men running around the soccer field. All in such good shape and some of them acting like Divas.... aaawww the entertainment value of sports!!!

Will be lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

......one eye is open......wide enough to see that yesterday's MFP tracking efforts have gotten rid of some of the water weight from the NYC eating festival....

234.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

BBL

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    m9ik3nmfkpfn.png
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

I have the next several days off - a mini-vacation until Thursday. We’re staying here for this one: the baseball All Star Game is in DC this weekend and we were able to get tickets to that game and events on Sunday and Monday. So it will be a baseball weekend for DH and me.

Dawn, congrats on your Scentsy sales! That’s terrific and what a wonderful tribute to your Gpa.

Lana, good job on the WI. Thunderous applause for you and a round of low-cal drinks from the C-boys.

Sara - you made it through the crappy week without killing anyone! Good for you. Sometimes, that’s the best we can ask if ourselves.

Gonna do some housecleaning now then meet DH for lunch. Waves to all. BBL.

Tess
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I have had a relatively busy week and was out of the office lots so haven't had time to check in like I usually do. Thought I would take a minute and say hi to everyone and hope you all have a great weekend.

@Tilliesmommy1 - sounds like you have a couple of nice co-workers to help make up for the others. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Before I curl up with my book for the night, I wanted to pass along that I got the first of 3 packages with the intent of helping to organize the clutter in my life and keep things in places I might actually find them.

So grateful for ceiling fans.

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Cool enough outside to open windows. Stinky hot inside so I am feeling the difference already.

Meeting up with coworker well after I usually get my errands done, so I will do my errands even if it means going to the same store later with coworker. I can always find something to buy at that place anyway......

Baby hats being knitted at the moment in the heat and I have the following colors to chose from, yellow, purple, grey, teal and white. Nice to have variety. Just like how its nice to have variety in food......

Snowflake - are you crocheting in your photo?

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Coworker called and her cellphone is not working so she cant go shopping, so she cancelled this morning. Wouldnt be so bad except I busted my ascot to get done before the time she was supposed to pick me up..... means I can clean house instead. Reorganized first of many knitting bags, and found I have 3 muffin tins (I keep the one that makes 6 large ones....) and will offer them to people. Clean bathroom? That is next.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara—you have been super-industrious! Wow. Good for you. Sorry lady has broken phone.

I have been a lazy Do-Little today. I paid a few bills, floated in the pool for a short while, wasted time online, and worked on my jigsaw puzzle.
    No exercise, but healthy eating.

Lazy Lana
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all! It’s been a crazy week. Husband is out of town during the week for work the next few weeks and I’ve been swamped at work and at home with household and puppy duty. Did well the first part of the week but not so much the last 2-3 days. Back on track tomorrow. Went to the grocery store and loaded up on healthy stuff for the week. I really need to get my crap together!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I’ll probably end up going to bed early tonight, which my body desperately needs.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cannot complain about the heat because it will be even hotter next week. Blech.

Made pork fried rice, stuck 2 in freezer. Making Shepherd's pie with lentils instead of meat. Yukon Gold potatoes were 59 cents a pound so that made my potato choice for me.

I feel like a stewed prune. I was going to post a picture of said item, you will thank me later for not doing it.......

Cold gel wrap on ankles to close the day. Memo to cboys - my dog has been neglected by you - please fix this.

Lana, I think it is time for another cboy audition try out....

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Windows open for a little while. Air quality is marginal but it is just so hot.

Groceries then home. Will tackle one more corner of my place and go to garbage bins before it gets too hot.

Watched "The lady in the Van" on dvd from Netflix. Wow was Maggie Smith good.

bbl