Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Dawn, I hope that the "bad" hospital is better. Do you have urgent care in your area? They are sometimes faster and better. What you experienced is a change in how this country dispenses medicine and it is not just in your area. Look into possible urgent care for future visits - are you getting insurance at work? If so, make sure you stay within network to avoid paying the entire bill.

Sending hugs and effective pain meds for SO. Dr's in ER can be "kittens" but not always. Wishing for future improvement for SO and his back and better medical care.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- no work insurance. We do have Urgent Care. Thought they would do xray or MRI. Urgent Care doesn't do. I understand the meds... except, they usually give him an injection before he leaves hospital plus scripts...I really felt, the Dr didn't really take him serious...the whole experience was so disappointing... was hoping to have found a better place. They gave diagnosis we expected. It was just the way the Dr treated him. The rest of the staff was good.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn the other difference between urgent care and ER is $$$$.... sounds like you will pay the $$$$ for the visit but for very little care ( of any kind- hence your frustration). Who said SO has a hernia? Can you go back to them?

One time a former pcp said something so condescending that he was short enough that I could have kicked him in the "kitten" area and connected - although I wanted to, it wasnt worth my energy, but boy was it tempting..... Glad the rest of the staff made up for Mr. MonkeyNuts.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- it was actually a completely different hospital, in a completely different city, that diagnosed the hernia. They referred him to local surgeon. Local hospital diagnosed appendix... almost had surgery... almost did colonoscopy... you can go to this hospital, multiple times with exact same symptoms and come out with different diagnosis, half the time. Just frustrating. The way the Dr was just so cocky...I'm ok with being laid back, to a point. But, putting your feet up? I'm not ok with that.... especially, when you can't even be bothered to truly listen to the patient. He talked over SO the whole (2 min) visit... he honestly did not care what SO's concerns were...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Dawn - Sorry to hear of so many frustrations with SO's back problems. I hope you both soon find the answers and care that you need. Jeez.

Waving to Sara and Snowflake and Tracy and Eryn and everybody else (I'm having brain fade)......

Lana

233.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Like your ##'s today - drinking extra (think seriously alot) water has helped my feet today, if I keep going it might help the ##'s too......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Seriously extra water has helped with what I call "my piggy toes" and as it will be over 100 this will continue. Scale said it was at least 1 pound lighter. Not quite my weigh in outfit but at least it was down. Dog also drinking extra water so out we go at some hour of the morning....

Window open for awhile. Cafe salad for work. Only day this week they are offering a salad. Mexican or Asian otherwise and while it looks good, just too hot. Shepherd's pie in fridge for tonight and tomorrow lunch.

Anyone have any exciting summer plans? Mine involves avoiding the sun (new meds) so my plans are also inside.....

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara asked:
    QOTW - we need one - what goals are you setting for yourself?

AOTW - My goal this week is number/scale oriented. I want to see 232.X on Sunday.

Through all these decades of weight loss history, I know that focusing on the scale numbers is not advised, but this week, it is the numbers that strike a chord of motivation and energy for me, so I am running with it.

Now, I cannot "do" a goal. So, the actions and activities to attain that goal are
    1) 30 minimum of water aerobics in pool per day
    2) pre-planning/entering meals each morning and making use of the
    3) healthy groceries I bought yesterday

I called the plumbing company yesterday. Today they are sending someone to fix the guest bathroom toilet. I hope that they send my favorite plumber. His twin is one of our Head Cabana Boys 😉. Let's see if I can find a photo of him from his promotional material.....

Lana

234.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- thank you. I just didn't realize, how difficult it would be to, just to get help. Good SO and good goal. I have been looking at scale once a day and not liking what I see. But, I have no one to blame but myself. Hope you get the plumber you hope for... always nice to have eye candy ;)

Tess - thank you for good thoughts...

Sara- hope you were able to enjoy cool air this AM.. we're supposed to get rain most of week... still warm, tho...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn, you are lucky you are having rain! I talked to my mother in law yesterday, who lives in Quincy Illinois, and she says they are in a drought, down by 6 inches, and the river is up to flood levels because of something that goes on up in Iowa. I figured you would know what that all means. I'm and East Coast girl, so all I know is that it's not a good situation. She says that it will rain all around Quincy, but they will get nothing more than a drop.

How is your SO's back doing? Any news?

I hope that one of the Cabana Boys can find the Cabana Club Magic Wand and wave it around you on your lounge chair so that you get your weight loss powers back. That Wand goes missing a bit too often around here though. We keep trying~~

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been so terrible lately. Eating anything and everything that appeals to me (including items I know will make me sick). Right now, I am super miserable after an over-indulgent lunch. Maybe I can take this to a turning point to get back on track.

Healing thoughts and beams to all who need them!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I'm not sure what that means in Illinois. Flood level is definitely not a good thing. We have the Bagnel Dam on the other side of the lake. When the lake floods, they open the flood gates... literally... when they're all open, it's really, really bad. I've been here 14 years and, I've only known them to open all twice. Fingers crossed for the rain..the weather people tend to change their minds a lot.
    Believe it or not, SO says he's feeling better. I question it, as I watch him struggle to get up, get comfortable. It is only 2nd day of meds... so, we shall see. Would be wonderful if he got better. Not going to get hopes up. Thank you for asking.
    I need all the help I can get to get back on track... stress is truly getting to me, so not making good choices....I think I saw that wand the other day... it waved my way and flew away....hope the Cabana Boys can find it, soon!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    I have been so terrible lately. Eating anything and everything that appeals to me (including items I know will make me sick). Right now, I am super miserable after an over-indulgent lunch. Maybe I can take this to a turning point to get back on track.

Healing thoughts and beams to all who need them!

This is me! I beat myself up, every single day...I can do this...I just give up, and turn to comfort food, too easy. Good thoughts to you... you'll get there!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Seriously extra water has helped with what I call "my piggy toes" and as it will be over 100 this will continue. Scale said it was at least 1 pound lighter. Not quite my weigh in outfit but at least it was down. Dog also drinking extra water so out we go at some hour of the morning....

Window open for awhile. Cafe salad for work. Only day this week they are offering a salad. Mexican or Asian otherwise and while it looks good, just too hot. Shepherd's pie in fridge for tonight and tomorrow lunch.

Anyone have any exciting summer plans? Mine involves avoiding the sun (new meds) so my plans are also inside.....

Wave to all who follow.

My only big exciting plan is I am traveling to visit my best friend to a neighboring province when she comes to visit her son. We have been friends since grade 2 and we turn 50 this year. We will only get two nights and one day, but we’ll make it memorable.

Tracey
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Tracey- sounds like a great plan! I am 3 hours away from my best friend (since grade 5) we together, every time I go home. Even if only for a few minutes. Enjoy your visit!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Hottest day of the week here. People say its hot enough to fry an egg on the asphalt..... Cool off posed online before next wave of 100 plus is probably an illusion. We shall see.

Coworker know a lady who is painting rocks to raise money for her mother dealing with cancer, so I asked for and she made 2 so I bought them both, they are being shellacked (sp) as we speak. She puts them out into the community with her FB info and some people will post they found the rocks.

Sleep after breakfast will not be too hard.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

I just realized that we have two peeps here with the same name.
    Twiley510 is Tracy, and Snowflake1968 is Tracey!!
    It's the wee little things in life that bring me great delight. 😄

Sara - do your best to keep cool and watered today.

Dawn and Tracy - First above all >>> do not beat yourself up. That thinking must change!
    Take small steps and look only to the future, not to the past.
    Make one meal of the day a healthy one. Bring UP your inside thinking so that there is one less reason to be looking for comfort! Chins up! One day at a time.

Try to have your indulgent foods out of the home so as to not bring that stuff in multiples into your Safe House.
    Just some ideas.

I might have to crack open The Beck Book later for some more behavioral suggestions for myself and all of us...

Hugs to all,
    Lana

234.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Let it rain.. let it rain... let it rain! Wow! Is it ever! Was raining so hard, was afraid to leave the house. It did let up, thankfully. There's flood watches/warnings everywhere! We do need the rain. Was nice to see the temp only at 69, this morn...
    Well, gotta get busy... check in later... have a great day!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies~~

I just realized that we have two peeps here with the same name.
    Twiley510 is Tracy, and Snowflake1968 is Tracey!!
    It's the wee little things in life that bring me great delight. 😄

Sara - do your best to keep cool and watered today.

Dawn and Tracy - First above all >>> do not beat yourself up. That thinking must change!
    Take small steps and look only to the future, not to the past.
    Make one meal of the day a healthy one. Bring UP your inside thinking so that there is one less reason to be looking for comfort! Chins up! One day at a time.

Try to have your indulgent foods out of the home so as to not bring that stuff in multiples into your Safe House.
    Just some ideas.

I might have to crack open The Beck Book later for some more behavioral suggestions for myself and all of us...

Hugs to all,
    Lana

234.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

To amuse you further, Lana, Tracey and I are the same age!

I am trying to come up a bit with my eating. However, the other two people in my house do not wish to be on board. It became too much of a struggle to eat properly when financial stress hit along with interpersonal conflict. The last seven months have been rough. Hoping the next six weeks will prove better in every way. Time will tell. Thank you to everyone here! You are bright spot for my days.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh my gosh girls~~

I could not find a photo of my plumber, but check out this newest Cabana Boy my friend found in Rio yesterday!

He is hired! Oh, his name is Leandro.

Lana *collapsing onto fainting couch*