Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tess - we are still getting "pop up" showers... they only last about 20 minutes... cooled us down for a couple days, thankfully...

There was a bad wreck locally, due to the storms. The most heartbreaking, is the Duck Boat in Branson. They never should have been on the water during a storm. So so sad.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in to say hi. Any ice cream lovers looking for a chuckle check this out. It is a satire site I follow from my home province.

https://themanatee.net/woman-acutely-aware-of-amount-of-ice-cream-in-freezer/
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Tracey - OMG I can relate to that woman! What a plague it is to have this stuff in the house! It speaks to me whether I am awake or asleep.....

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in to say hi. Any ice cream lovers looking for a chuckle check this out. It is a satire site I follow from my home province.

https://themanatee.net/woman-acutely-aware-of-amount-of-ice-cream-in-freezer/

Oh Tracey, this is so me! I love ice cream but apparently only between April and October. Once the days get shorter, I no longer want it. Right now, I have two cartons in our freezer (butter pecan and chocolate chip), and I’m still thinking we should “stock up” because there is a BOGO sale at the local grocery store!

Dawn, glad to hear the rain will slow down eventually. I too was saddened by the Duck disaster....

Thanks for your good wishes on our fundraiser, Lana! Fingers crossed....

It’s our 17th wedding anniversary and DH & I just got home from a lovely dinner. Fortunately I saved up the calories for it but I’m still fearing the weekly weigh-in tomorrow. Oh well- it was worth it.

Think I will sit in the comfy chair and read a book and/or do word puzzles. Hope you are all having a good evening.

Best,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Ice cream cant even be in the house, so I wont even watch.

Took a 2nd walk same as this morning, the walks are about 15 minutes and the sweating is supposed to help with the water retention from the medication - sure beats lounging in my recliner. I may sleep better? Oh is that too much to ask?

Re- watching season 1 of Downton Abbey on dvd. Sinus headache finally found me trees blooming outside it was only a matter of time.

Zucchini w/ onion and ground chicken enchiladas tomorrow on my cooking list. My pork loins will be set up in freezer tomorrow like the 10 servings of Sangak I bought, divided, and froze this morning. Will look for a good pork chop recipe in the meantime.

My victories this week is I have not opened the ginger cookies or the 2nd Toblerone bar I bought last week, and I have started walking after dinner.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Tess - happy anniversary!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Tess, I second Dawn's wish - Happy Anniversary!

Checked forecast cool enough with any luck all mornings this coming week to open windows. I already have sinus infection from trees, so I cant tell you about air quality with my nose. Not surprising it is marginal for sensitive groups, just checked.

Not too much sleep last night. Body may need to get used to the extra walking. Maybe some more zzz before dog walk.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Anniversary Tess~~

Good morning Sara--Sorry to hear of sinus troubles.

Yesterday I had an adult in-my-head-only temper tantrum, got dressed and walked to the old historic hotel and had a nice sit down dinner in their restaurant. It helped mentally, but of course the body is holding water from salt and sugar. Plus what I have in the house now.

Lessons learned: 1) Buy foods for company the day, not the week, before they come. 2) Find some socializing activities to do with neighbors, to help prevent these knee jerk "I gotta have this" moments.

BBL

Lana

238.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn, I've been hearing about that tragedy with the duck boat in MO. That one lady lost 9 members of her family. When I think I have problems, I realize my problems are nothing compared to hers.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn, I've been hearing about that tragedy with the duck boat in MO. That one lady lost 9 members of her family. When I think I have problems, I realize my problems are nothing compared to hers.

Lana

Yes it was a horrible tragedy that could have easily been prevented. She lost her children...she and 1 nephew are the only survivors of the family. It's just heartbreaking. I don't know how a person could cope with such loss. I for one would lose it. Lots and lots of prayers to her and all the families that lost someone. 17 lives were lost that day.
  • healthby40
    healthby40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m a serial starter for sure! I keep losing the same 20lbs over and over again.

Would love new friends to help motivate me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Healthby40 - welcome, stop by and post when you can.

4 enchilada/black bean and rice meals in freezer and 2 in fridge. At least I have options for meals.

Took time sweeping and walking again at 6pm. Sweating is one way to release retained water, not something I like doing, but so be it. My walk is 10-15 minutes extra in the day, so slowly I am adding time.

Where did my weekend go? Watching Downton Abbey again, the comment by actress Maggie Smith "what is a weekend?" crossed my path again. She was handed some wonderful lines and delivered them so well.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, weigh in is "0" which is okay.

Dog is up and fed, so may as well stay up for awhile.

Make it your best Monday. Wave to all who follow.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, all!

healthyby40 - Welcome!!! I've done the same thing over and over as well :) Working on losing the 30 lbs I've gained.

At work drinking my coffee and trying to get motivated for the day! Should be another busy, but good week. Really going to try to pay attention to my food diary this week. I'm finally making some progress here and want to keep the momentum going!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
  • jen_mq
    jen_mq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the name serial starter! It defines me oh so well. This year to lose the 20lbs I'd like I only need to lose 40 now 🤣 I have 80-110 to lose. I figure if I can lose 20 a year even I'll get there. Faster would be great, but with the way I keep going.....

Anyway, hello! I hope this Monday is treating you well.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good evening,

Healthby40 - welcome, stop by and post when you can.

4 enchilada/black bean and rice meals in freezer and 2 in fridge. At least I have options for meals.

Took time sweeping and walking again at 6pm. Sweating is one way to release retained water, not something I like doing, but so be it. My walk is 10-15 minutes extra in the day, so slowly I am adding time.

Where did my weekend go? Watching Downton Abbey again, the comment by actress Maggie Smith "what is a weekend?" crossed my path again. She was handed some wonderful lines and delivered them so well.

That's how I feel today too, doesn't feel like I had a weekend at all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I had a very busy weekend. Yesterday we went bridesmaids dress shopping for my youngest daughter's wedding next summer. My 2 year old Granddaughter was invited for "Girls Day" too, we tried dresses on her so she could be part of the excitement, but of course didn't buy hers yet. Can you see the happiness in her face?
    va0ob32lcjlb.jpg
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I had a very busy weekend. Yesterday we went bridesmaids dress shopping for my youngest daughter's wedding next summer. My 2 year old Granddaughter was invited for "Girls Day" too, we tried dresses on her so she could be part of the excitement, but of course didn't buy hers yet. Can you see the happiness in her face?
    va0ob32lcjlb.jpg

How adorable! You can tell she's so happy to be a part of the fun!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracey - your granddaughter is so cute!

Waves to all~~

I must get back outside and get some exercise. My eating has been WAY over the top. Scale is back up to 241.2 this morning. Emotions are out of control, so the eating is out of control. Therapist session today didn't help much.

Has anyone seen that little can of Courage Spray? Leandro doesn't even know what it looks like. I think Mario might have pilfered it. Darn.

You remember Mario from the next beach down?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2018
    Options
    qcitgj4umnwv.jpeg

Mario (shudder)