Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Lana - Leandro does not need courage, I was wondering when Mario would show up again. Glad he is on the next beach. Enjoy your exercise.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - reread, you are asking for the Courage spray -- it has been new and improved and now called the self confidence shine on gloss - so nobody figures out what you are doing.

Leandro as eye catching as he is, does not need the self confidence so you are getting the cboy package fed exed to you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    What a day, seems Windows/Microsoft has a "bug" that sends a message saying that my internet security system is turned off. Okay that sent my BP up, got on the chat room with my Internet security system to find out that in fact my system is protected and it is a Windows "bug". Wowie, aint that just swell??

Okay so after that was over, it is really just too hot to walk and I already sweated today. So romance novel for me.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,875 Member
    Options

Sara - The Self Confidence Shine On Gloss sounds as if it might help. We will see. I will need a double application I think.

Sorry to hear about that Windows bug. A huge, time-wasting pain in the neck.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed, internet time and then set up breakfast lunch. Tomorrow is 105 forecast. So taking my new thermal jug to work today.

Most people I know have husbands/boyfriends who deal with the computer problems.....so it takes awhile to find it but my Internet Security system has a live chat - where I can ask the questions and get answers. I dont abuse it, but it is nice to know it is there.

I am taking my enchilada with rice/bean for lunch today. Coworker who usually eats at the cafe is brown bagging it and I asked why - she has bills to pay. So glad she is seeing how expensive it is to eat out for lunch every day.

Okay need to scoot along, wishing all a great day. Lurking when I can from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~
    Bringing your own lunches to work are not only less expensive, but also you have control of how much salt and calories you are having! It's a good thing for your health.

Weather map is showing a strange vertical stripe of green weather over the east coast. Cloudy rainy days are bad for my morale. Soldiering on....

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana

238.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - romance novels, Hallmark movies online, curl up with a hot cup of coffee/tea and escape.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    uiyi096k752q.png

ln0s8kyrx0qp.png
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Funny to be talking about bringing lunch...I went to store on lunch and got some lunchmeat. Got back to work, ready to make a sandwich... that didn't go to far... it was moldy! Expiration date was good... just wasn't sealed properly, I assume. So... back to the store I went. Thankfully, they are only a couple minutes away. They were really nice and told me to exchange it.. come to find out, there were 3 more that were moldy... guess that's what I get for buying pre packaged...we just have very limited options and that store does not offer fresh deli meat. In the end, I got a different kind and it is good. What a day...haha
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - what a *KITTEN* that was!
    Now I feel like having some baloney. :wink:

Sara - Thank you for the two good uplifting pictures. I would like to be that puppy though. I think he might have a nice life.

I don't have any romance novels. I don't think that I've read one for decades: It was a Jude Devereaux story that was wonderful but so heartbreaking in the end that I could not read another one. I cried for days after that one.

The situation I am in now with my husband having left me pretty much two years ago and now having set up a whole fresh new life with another woman does not have me in the best place head-wise. I'm better off with the murder mysteries and spy thrillers for now. I have finally recovered enough that I will be looking for a New York divorce lawyer to get a consultation with.

My therapist thinks I should get a dog soon. I will need help from you all if I do that. I've never had a dog.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Lana - any reading that gets your mind off that soon to be ex of yours works for me.......small dogs do not require as large of a home/backyard.

My day has been wacked "kitten" at work so I taking deep breaths and thinking the 2nd image as if it is a mantra.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Dawn - what a *KITTEN* that was!
    Now I feel like having some baloney. :wink:

Sara - Thank you for the two good uplifting pictures. I would like to be that puppy though. I think he might have a nice life.

I don't have any romance novels. I don't think that I've read one for decades: It was a Jude Devereaux story that was wonderful but so heartbreaking in the end that I could not read another one. I cried for days after that one.

The situation I am in now with my husband having left me pretty much two years ago and now having set up a whole fresh new life with another woman does not have me in the best place head-wise. I'm better off with the murder mysteries and spy thrillers for now. I have finally recovered enough that I will be looking for a New York divorce lawyer to get a consultation with.

My therapist thinks I should get a dog soon. I will need help from you all if I do that. I've never had a dog.

Lana

I got sick of the romance novels for a while and started reading an author named Kristen Hannah. They are more character studies of different relationships, not spouses but Mothers/Daughters, Best Friends, Sisters, etc.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog, window open. Hottest day of week 105? , so extra walking early. Cafe lunch today.

With Mars in the sky and a lunar eclipse 07.27 our sky is giving us a free show. Catch it if you can. Mars is visible before sunrise.

Seems the coolest part of my work building is the lobby!! Many of my pregnant coworkers are out there to stay comfortable. Best reason yet to drink more water as one of the bathrooms is in the lobby......

Wave to all who follow. Stay cool.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracey - thank you for the suggestion. Sounds good.

Sara - Sorry you had a *kitteny* day yesterday. I hope that today is better.
    As for the skies, we are having storms coming through with a lot of lingering cloud cover, so I'll miss the lunar eclipse. I hope that you get to see it.

I need to make my breakfast (late) and get my meals planned out. I must start losing again. I don't want to wait until after the company on the weekend.

BBL

*tossing beach bag and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

238.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    ism7drtwxzfi.png

on phone hold......

r2s4r4txes9c.png
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Whoa - Sara! Thank you for those two inspirational reminder squares. They are good ones. I'm going to print them both and clip and put on mirror and laptop.

Lana
  • nicole_skalski
    nicole_skalski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am really hoping I can make friends in this specific group. I lost 20 pounds about 3 years ago and since have gained back over 30, putting me at my highest weight ever and I am only 21 years old. I struggle with compulsive eating and also work 12 hour days so it's difficult for me to meal prep and work out. But I am tired of feeling so gross about myself and tired of making excuses. I want to be strong and not turn away in disgust when I look in the mirror. My goal is to be 160 and I am currently 193. I can do this, just need a little support. Thank you all.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole... you find plenty of support and encouragement here! Post any time
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Done with the outside for awhile it topped out at 106 just disgusting.

Nichole, welcome and stop by and post. We are going to do more Question of the Day/Week to keep us accountable - we have not had them in awhile.

I feel like the fried egg on the asphalt - wishing all a good night

Its kitten time!!

3ivz4zth4exv.png

f7tb1pd98pwk.png

lana - why a dog and not a cat?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am really hoping I can make friends in this specific group. I lost 20 pounds about 3 years ago and since have gained back over 30, putting me at my highest weight ever and I am only 21 years old. I struggle with compulsive eating and also work 12 hour days so it's difficult for me to meal prep and work out. But I am tired of feeling so gross about myself and tired of making excuses. I want to be strong and not turn away in disgust when I look in the mirror. My goal is to be 160 and I am currently 193. I can do this, just need a little support. Thank you all.

Except for the 30 year age gap we are pretty close in where we started what we’ve lost and where we need to be. I lost 25 pounds in 2012 and worked my way back up to 202 in February. I’m am taking it very slow this time in hopes I can change my habits long term and not just lose the weight. I’m down to 183 right now. I have found the message boards a big help this time around.