Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Nicole~~
    Welcome and cute photo! We are good at support here. The best first step is to make a habit of stopping by My Fitness Pal every day to be well-connected to your goals and your plans to achieve your goals.

Sara - drink your water! 106 is too darned hot!

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Missy and Eryn and Tracy and Tracey and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • mammaroatch420
    mammaroatch420 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm jade I'm a serial starter lol was on here lost from 210 to the 160s then it got crazy but I feel my depression and anxiety creeping up and when I was working on me and my self esteem I was feeling better I'm now back at the 190s and I'm not happy I don't feel sexy or that I deserve my husband who works really hard for me and my kids I miss him a lot while he is gone for work but working out helps I've seen that I need to get back in the swing of things hey if anyone is from Wisconsin let me know lol
  • MaryPiglet
    MaryPiglet Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am Beba and I am also a serial starter. I just looked at my MyFitnessPal check-in history and I realized that I managed to lose 20-30 lbs 3 times in the last 2 years, just to gain it all back every time.
    This is my 4. rodeo, I am determined to push it all the way, the plan is to lose 88 lbs and stay on that weight.
    Hugs to everyone! Keep it strong and love yourself!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Welcome to Mamma and MaryP, you are welcome to stop by and let us know how you are doing.

I have looked at my ##s and I am almost back at my original weight. Medication is the latest excuse, but I need to rethink portion side and those snacks. More exercise also needed, but not outside in the heat.

Email at work - bring those great ideas on how to improve our department to the meeting (today). My biggest issue is that we bring an idea told it is better than sliced bread but nothing happens. Manager job open and one candidate is scary so I hope someone else gets the position.

Okay, not as hot but still over 100. Opening window as it is 10 degrees cooler outside.

Almost weekend. Anyone got plans or ideas for next week's meals?

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am really hoping I can make friends in this specific group. I lost 20 pounds about 3 years ago and since have gained back over 30, putting me at my highest weight ever and I am only 21 years old. I struggle with compulsive eating and also work 12 hour days so it's difficult for me to meal prep and work out. But I am tired of feeling so gross about myself and tired of making excuses. I want to be strong and not turn away in disgust when I look in the mirror. My goal is to be 160 and I am currently 193. I can do this, just need a little support. Thank you all.

Welcome!! We are VERY similar, it seems. I lost around 20 lbs like 6 years ago, but have since gained 30! I started out at 190 and am also trying to get back to 160! I'm 184 now and starting to make some progress. You can do it! We are all here for you.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all!

Tired this morning and reallyyyyy ready for that weekend to be here!

It hasn't been as hot here either (high 80's?) but still randomly very stormy!

No ideas or plans yet for next weeks meals... need to try to look up some ideas!!

Anyway! Hello to all! Also lurking from work!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

I have an appointment this morning, so I will be back later on....

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow - where is everybody? I'm the only one on the Beach!

Welcome to Beba and Jade; waving to Eryn and Sara .....

Time for dinner, but what to have?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - hiding from the vultures but home soon.

Will be sitting on the large sofa watching Leandro clean house......
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - good idea watching Leandro!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    BBQ going on, air quality is really bad smoke wise, so I said thank you but no - hot dogs/hamburgers just dont sound good. I know I may have one Saturday morning, but it is smaller and better meat where I go to eat.

Will spend time tonight with my cooking for 2 recipe book to see if anything inspires me.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Chickpea patties (with yogurt and limes) or black bean burgers look good (both recipes make 2.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter was in an accident this morning so I spent the afternoon at the hospital with her just making sure she was as ok as she said she was. Took her out to eat afterward. Now just up from a short nap before getting ready for my swim lesson tonight.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter was in an accident this morning so I spent the afternoon at the hospital with her just making sure she was as ok as she said she was. Took her out to eat afterward. Now just up from a short nap before getting ready for my swim lesson tonight.

Oh my goodness! Hope she is ok. She'll really feel it, tomorrow. Nice warm bath to soak...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Will have window open for a little bit, air is not too good today but it is cooler outside.

Audit and 1:1 today - luckily the #s are okay but I may have to take an extra walk to walk off the frustration of having them on the same day.

Recipes I got last night have nothing that I cant buy now that a) cant be used with other things or b) frozen for later. I got tired of recipes that had so many odd items that I stay away from those.

Can wear walking shoes until Monday and I may use my dress down stickers for Monday/Tuesday if my feet do much better.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2018
    Options

Tracey - Was this a car accident? I hope that she is doing OK. Very good that she went to the hospital to be checked out. Swim lesson? That sounds cool. Good for you!

Sara - Roger that on all you said. Making your own burgers sounds good. Less salt. Plus, if you like the recipes you are finding in that book, you could always double it up and freeze.
    I applaud you for sticking with and doing well at a job that has these rigid standards that have to be met and reviewed and looked at under a microscope. Atta girl!

Time to jump in the shower to do an experimental bus trip to the airport (for my future use) to pick up SIL and niece. Lyft car to get us home.

Waving to Dawn and all you other Cabana Club members~~
    Special Happy Hour because it is FRIDAY !!! 5PM wherever you are. The Cabana Boys have some special things in store.

Lana

235.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    TGIF! And what a week it has been. I jokingly emailed a friend in another part of the country, asking her if there was a full moon since people had been misbehaving so much at work. She replied that there was - with all the rain we’ve been having, I didn’t know what phase the moon was in! That explains a lot...

Tracey, so glad your daughter is okay. How scary for both of you. Hope the swim was relaxing.

Sara, good luck at work today! As Lana said, I admire your steadfastness.

Lana, please get the C-boys ready. Sounds like a lot of us need some diversion tonight.

Waves to all, especially the new folks - welcome!

BBL

Tess (in DC)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    kcartd663am2.jpg

New snack I tried... I've seen it in stores, but didn't want to pay prices... $2.99 for this small size...I found them at Dollar Tree and thought I'd give them a chance... not great, but can't stop eating them..lol... the serving size is the entire bag, 1.75oz 210 calories...I'm ok with spending $1.00 for it... not too bad of a treat...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options

Tracey - Was this a car accident? I hope that she is doing OK. Very good that she went to the hospital to be checked out. Swim lesson? That sounds cool. Good for you!

Sara - Roger that on all you said. Making your own burgers sounds good. Less salt. Plus, if you like the recipes you are finding in that book, you could always double it up and freeze.
    I applaud you for sticking with and doing well at a job that has these rigid standards that have to be met and reviewed and looked at under a microscope. Atta girl!

Time to jump in the shower to do an experimental bus trip to the airport (for my future use) to pick up SIL and niece. Lyft car to get us home.

Waving to Dawn and all you other Cabana Club members~~
    Special Happy Hour because it is FRIDAY !!! 5PM wherever you are. The Cabana Boys have some special things in store.

Lana

235.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Ye this was a car accident, her airbag deployed which caused some abrasions and bruising, but that is it. I just talked to her this morning and she said she is stiff and sore, but not as bad as she thought she would be.

This is my second set of swim lessons since April. I was held under as a child and became very fearful of the water. I have the fear beat, now I am just working on the breathing. I would like to be able to swim laps for exercise, but am still not confident enough to go into the deep end because I have to stand too often to get air. I'm working on it. Hopefully it comes soon.

Tracey
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, use hummus or cottage cheese with those...... good job on saving $$

At work - low flying birds......