Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- thank you! Didn't even think about that... you always have great ideas! :)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Had to buy a new pair of jeans... apparently, inner thighs of jeans are the weakest... they aren't really what I wanted/liked, but they are quite comfortable. I won't mention how many sizes UP I had to go... but, they are Jr sizes, so I will use that as my excuse... even tho they are not what I was wanting, I received lots of compliments, so I felt a little less self conscious. It's so hard to find a pair that aren't "Skinny" (these are) they are not skin tight and a dark color, so I think that helps..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Email from work 33 of my company's coworkers have lost their homes to fire in the large fire hours north of here. They are asking for donations, so I will ask on Monday if we can as a department donate- they want to take from our paychecks, but I dont understand why we cant collect cash.

Dawn - glad you were able to find Jeans. The one store where I had some success closed and while the nearest one is not too far away, trying on jeans is not something I like to do.

Very tired this evening and dog kept reminding me she needed to go out.... so now she is happy and I can start snoring.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Window open but air is still bad, so only a little cooler in here. When it gets this bad I am reminded of the B52's Love Shack song where in the end one of the male singers says "It's hot in here". ......

Hope to get to Michael's today and pick up a set of double point needles ( usually used to knit socks with) for an elephant pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elefante . I want to try and make a lady something with a Fall baby coming.

Okay back to find some sleep. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Sara--the elephant is SO CUTE!!! Almost enough to possibly get me interested in knitting again!
    I am uncomfortable with forced donations, and although the spirit is in the right direction, I disagree with taking it out of the employee's paycheck. It makes an incorrect assumption that everyone doesn't need every single penny of their take-home. Not right.

I am having a good time with my company, and I am almost able to keep up with them! LOL! Thank goodness for the pool - people can entertain themselves with one.

Time to pay some bills and jump in the shower~~

Lana

236.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bought the right size needles for elefante but they are metal and things like to slide so it starts to look like a Buster Keaton comedy (look it up - one of the best actors of all time). So in case the elefante doesnt work out, I bought 3 skeins of teal for a baby boy.

Lady where I eat told me she is 5 months pregnant (little sneak) so her purple blanket is already waiting.

Lana I am crocheting hearts to send to the people in our company dealing with the fire (no money changing hands) and I will go through our manager to see if she knows someone up there so they dont just get sent up there..... Think of all the exercise you are getting. My pcp will love my bp # s so the question is how to deal with the feet? She better have an answer- including signing me a form to wear my athletic shoes at work......

Hamburger for breakfast, oatmeal for lunch and no idea for dinner.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay, I just looked at a picture of Harry & David's Cheesecakes and I did not begin to drool. Sad, but maybe a good thing for me.

Frozen lasagna in oven (Amy's light and lean).

Bring on the water.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Amy's lasagna is pretty good and fairly healthy. Less salt than other companies.
    Have a good evening~~

Waves to whoever stops by~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - enjoy your company! Pools are great for entertainment..

Sara - I agree with Lana. They should not be able to take money from employees pay checks...I, for one, live pay check to pay check, and I would not like them taking money from me. I feel horrible for the families, but I would want to be in control of how much I donated. I actually found my jeans at Wal Mart...I had been going to Thrift stores, but I really struggle to find ones that fit/ comfortable... these were only $8, so not too bad.

Speaking of donations....I am stepping WAY out of my comfort zone and having a fundraiser for PSP, in honor of Gpa. We are doing a bowling tournament. No, he wasn't a bowler. But, seems it's the easiest fundraiser. I need to ask for donations of items to raffle/ auction off...I don't know how to ask for stuff...I've never done this before and have no idea how...I honestly don't know what I was thinking, I am too incredibly shy... why do I do these things to myself?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

My idea of passing the hat at work for donations probably wont work, so I have 5 hearts done yesterday and will ask Manager on Monday. One never knows where that money goes anyway.

Dawn -Ask people if they have small appliances/gift cards they have bought/received but never used that they would donate. Good job on finding a good price pair of jeans. Found a pair of pleated pants at the International store for 8.99 in magenta and will go back and get another pair (boring color/ dark blue, dark brown, or grey) Wednesday or next Saturday. They are dress code and in this heat a good thing.

Air quality was so bad yesterday my eyes hurt. First unhealthy air for everyone day.

Dog to Vet today for nails/glands, but she had a moment where she just sat there and shook I thought she was going to be ill- she has not had a seizure in years, and if it was it was a mild one. I will let the Vet know and keep track (also ask Vet if her meds can be increased down the road). I split a pill badly yesterday and she didnt get a "full dose" so we shall see.

Groceries/ Vet and otherwise crochet/knitting and staying inside. bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sunday morning~~
    Wow Dawn and Sara - read all of your posts, and Sara has a great idea as to how to approach people for donations of things to raffle! Also hurray for both of you for finding incredible bargains with the jeans/pants.

Sara - keep those windows closed and the AC on I guess. Hope Tilly is OK; good thing you have Vet appointment today. Good timing.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

forgot to weigh this morning....
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - hope Miss T is ok... seizures can be so scary... does stress bring it on? Depending how she typically does with nails and anals, I would be cautious...we have some that just freak... feel so bad for them... thank you for the ideas to ask for donations...I kind of had an idea, just not sure how to word things... your idea will definitely help... try to stay cool as best you can...we have been so lucky this week... temps not near as warm, little bit of rain, nights cool enough to open house up... not bad for the end of July... who knows what August will bring.. let us know how Miss T is....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hamburger salad on tap for next 2 days for dinner/lunch - 2 servings - making black bean burgers, have a mixed green bag of salad, onions a Kaiser roll that I will toast and split into 2 servings - cheese and I bought one dill pickle to chop up. Dressing maybe mixture of mayo, mustard and ketchup and use a zip lock bag to "drizzle".

Calling Vet in a couple of minutes to make apt / or find out when it is a good time to stop by.

I had a smoothie maker in the box, which I gave to new employee behind me, and a gift card I dont use, so I can imagine I am not the only one who bought things that are collecting dust.

Clothes on rack outside, supposed to be only 100 and air is back to unhealthy for sensitive people.

5 hearts done hope to get the same done today. bbl.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - weather is warm but not humid, thankfully. Rain is supposed to return this week so am enjoying the sun while it lasts.

Sara, excellent ideas for Dawn’s raffle/silent auction. Dawn, you have the #1 trait for a fundraiser - passion for the cause. As you’ve proven with Scentsy, you can sell a product (or cause) you believe in. You can do this!

Did weekly WI today and scale has not moved for the 3rd week in a row. This is actually a victory given work travel and other food-related misbehaving. I’ll take “holding steady”!

Just picked up our CSA so have to go process the veggies - corn, green beans, zucchini. Also got peaches, cucumber and blueberries. A good week!

Waves to all - BBL,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Have message out to vet re: dog- there is a blood test to take to determine level of drug in blood and it is $$$ but worth it if it helps her. So there will be an answer. Her nails are trimmed and her glands are empty. She is my shadow at my feet. With any luck it is cooler down there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dawn - also ask people if they have christmas presents that they dont like and cant "regift" that they might donate - what a shame I dont live closer......

Dawn-You asked if stress brings seizures on, I cant tell she has only had 4 in the last 2 years.

dkv2yvkoyii1.png

dyc0j4g1bl06.png

gdlmh1acuzsr.png

• arniedog74
    Options
    Tess- thank you...I just get overwhelmed so easy and think there's no way I can do things... veggies sound yum and congrats on scale not moving, despite food misbehavior... you gotta be doing something right..

Sara - good you're getting Miss T checked out... can never be too careful... good thoughts to you.... thanks again for more great ideas!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    between walk about and sweeping away tree flowers, 25 minutes of outside "work" and yes I am sweating, but I heard that is a good way to work off extra water retention, so have to start somewhere.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Another weight gain - just keep trying. Temps this week will make for easier walking.

Woke up to ants in dog food dish. Think I got them as it was only "scouters". Dog as clean bowl now and I think I am seeing ants everywhere. Lovely.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - I had ants for about a week in the kitchen. Then, thankfully they disappeared on their own just as company came to visit. I'm hoping that yours run their course and disappear. They are a pain in the *kitten*.

It is pouring rain here, and I have a noon appointment with therapist. Drat. I guess I will be going and returning by Lyft car.

Waves to all who follow.....

Lana

238.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal