Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - good luck today~ I hope that going back is not too much of a shock to your system. Let us know if you survived it.

Holly - Sorry about that fever blister. I have no useful suggestions. I hope that it runs its course quickly for you.
    I used to get them at least once a year when I was very sick or very stressed--whatever would run me way down. Hang in there.

I overate yesterday big time. I had a one-person pity party last night--out of control mentally.

Back on the balance beam today.

Lana

253.4 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Lana - I have had a two week pity party or something...not sure it's pity, but it was a two week lazy/eat everything in sight/do nothing sort of time. Wedding wind down maybe. Honestly feel terrible. Belly ache, puffy, headache. Abusing my body with food.

So...I pulled myself out of the funk today...I think.
    Walked this am with dog again, planned my meals and am drinking more water/tea. Will pick up my groceries after work - many vegetables included. Stepped on the scale. Here we go again!

Sara - been thinking about you all day! Hope you are ok.
    Holly - no suggestions either. Good luck!
    Maureen - still NO sun today!

Waves to all!
    Lurking - Lynn

CW 194.2
    HW 207
    GW 4/30 - 189.0

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    At work, most of the department is gone. I am learning something new as soon as we can get someone to figure out how to move screens to #2 computer.

Eating is stupid but my walking has been okay.

BBL.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

The Cabana Boys want to remind us that tomorrow is April Fools Day, therefore they will be having a special Happy Hour for us.

😁
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sara, I'm so comfy at "work," I could fall asleep. I'm using the big, soft chair in my bedroom for my zoom meetings. I'm stretched across the chair, pillows, blankie--I might as well be in bed. I keep my camera off for the meetings. But I too would like to see pics of your shawls.

Holly, that's why I imagined myself looking very different. If I wore a bikini now, you wouldn't be able to see it for the mountains of flesh cascading over it it.

Lynn, looks like yesterday was Spring. Back to the low 30s and some kind of icy precipitation here today around noon. Still walked 3.3 miles altogether, but I sure look forward to warmer days.

Lana, I imagine you are under a lot of stress right now. It happens. I am sending you a virtual hug and a hand to help pull you back to balance.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Seems I will be doing another database after all and if I do well it will be my job to lose. People at work will be working from home, I need more training so it will be a couple of weeks. We shall see, but do a dance of joy as it was not what I predicted.

Quetion- what one thing would you bring to a "we survived the covod19 party"?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- hope this is the job for you! Glad it went better than expected... hugs

Hugs to everyone.... was a rough day...mom had to put her dog to sleep, this morning. Unexpectedly. Things will get better... right?!

• mkculs13
    Options
    It's my turn to be posting in the middle of the night. Ugh. I don't know what I did to restart my middle-of-the-night waking; hasn't been an issue for most of this school year. I'm not napping, so it isn't that. Might be going to bed too early. Guess I'll see what happens if I take a tiny mid-day nap and stay up until 10ish.

Sara, that would be so nice for you. I hope it works out.

Dawn, I'm so sorry for your mom. I know at least 3 others who have had to put down a beloved pet since stay-at-home has been their state policy. It's such a hard thing to do under better circumstances. Hugs all around.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dont ask - I was also up earlier with dog needing outside, but it is what it is.

Broccoli quiche kept me up last night - needed for it to cool enough to go into fridge. Will take own dishes to work.

Eyes messed up last night, while I was gone, they switched my computers, so the font size was too small all day long. I will fix that today.

Wow- this whole mess is bad enough but to lose your pet friends would be just too much- hope your mother is doing okay - does she want another dog??

Wave to all who follow. In training again for part of day - but will try and lurk when I can.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Sara - I am glad your day was better than you expected. I hope that continues. Broccoli quiche - I expect that will be worth it today!
    Dawn - sorry for you and your mom. That is sad anytime as stated by other, but now with the added stress and worry. Give her a hug from us!
    Maureen - no matter how much I tell myself one day at at time. Control what you can control. My mind still will wake me up and not shut off. Then that just snowballs. Less sleep - less able to handle stress. Too tired to make it through day, take a nap - can't sleep at night....on and on. Things I try - Meditate/pray - Turn on a calming/white noise app. Or sometimes if my mind just does not shut - I will rad and that distracts me and sometimes allows me to get really tired.

Waves to all who follow! Lurking from work
    Lynn
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I get the feeling I'm the old lady in the bunch. I will be crushed when my fur baby is gone but I will get another. I have been retired for almost 9 years and my dog is my bestee. Good that your job reentry was better than you thought. Took a short walk for the first time in 5 days. Boy did I sweat. Probably a good thing to get the juices flowing again. Hope all have a good day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Holly there are other retired ladies on this board, so you are in good company.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Talked to mom this morning. She is doing ok. Woke up early, thinking she needed to take him potty. He was diabetic. So, he had more frequent outings. They have 1 other dog. But, have a feeling, they will get another before long. Mom always says, she doesn't want another. Her husband always finds one that they fall in love with. I'm hoping, they start going with smaller. As I will be caretaker of any of her pups she might have, when she passes. But, that better be a long time from now. Thank you all, again. It's never, ever easy for sure.

Lynn- I will give her a hug... thank you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I had a "chat" with my Sup - seems I did not pass probation but with half of her department awol, she "has to make the best of a bad situation" - so I figured the best way to irritate her is to do well. SMH
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    I had a "chat" with my Sup - seems I did not pass probation but with half of her department awol, she "has to make the best of a bad situation" - so I figured the best way to irritate her is to do well. SMH

Oh Sara - What is it with people!? Darned Supervisor!
    I don't know precisely what you do at work, but I'm vaguely remembering that you handle paperwork processing for people out there. So.....when you go to work, just imagine that you are helping people out there in the world, and to heck with what your rude overlords think. As in everything you do---do the best that you can.
    Big big hugs.
    Oh?......I see Leandro bringing his massage table over to you and Miss Tillie. Juan is bringing you and the rest of us some zero-point/calorie refreshing beverages~~

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Thank you ladies. Talked to mom this morning. She is doing ok. Woke up early, thinking she needed to take him potty. He was diabetic. So, he had more frequent outings. They have 1 other dog. But, have a feeling, they will get another before long. Mom always says, she doesn't want another. Her husband always finds one that they fall in love with. I'm hoping, they start going with smaller. As I will be caretaker of any of her pups she might have, when she passes. But, that better be a long time from now. Thank you all, again. It's never, ever easy for sure.

Lynn- I will give her a hug... thank you

Dawn - condolences on the loss of your mother's dog. So sad and very hard. Sending blessings and metta.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2020
    Options
    holly1283 wrote: »
    I get the feeling I'm the old lady in the bunch. I will be crushed when my fur baby is gone but I will get another. I have been retired for almost 9 years and my dog is my bestee. Good that your job reentry was better than you thought. Took a short walk for the first time in 5 days. Boy did I sweat. Probably a good thing to get the juices flowing again. Hope all have a good day

Holly, a number of us are "old ladies", including me. I had to retire ahead of schedule because of side effects of breast cancer treatments a few years ago.

Congratulations on going on a walk!!! Good for you!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Lynn and Maureen - Do whatever you can to relax; try to avoid sugar and wine/alcohol in the evening.
    I hope that you both get some sleep and no longer wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

......and when you get better sleep?.....let me know the secret!! 🤣

Waving to all who stop by later on and tomorrow ~~~

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Busy day on the board. I am so glad to be back to work but it sure cuts into my social media time, haha.

I realized that I was having trouble with night-waking in the winter; my doc said I could try going to bed later and see if that helped. I tried it and it did help. But then I was eating b/c I was up later, and forgetting about the night-waking problem, I started going to bed earlier again. I'm not agitated about anything, or anxious--in fact, I'm usually quite bored and unable to sleep. But this week I also increased my calorie budget and have been feeling a lot less hungry, so I will try staying awake longer. I can also stay awake in my room b/c I have a wonderful chair for reading, etc. So that will keep me away from the kitchen. I think I felt bad for dogs--the puppy isn't ready for spending time upstairs yet; she still gets into too many things. I have been giving them a ton of exercise--we did 4.7 miles total today, and they were chasing a ball most of the time. They will be tired tonight. It's hard to wear out herding dogs, but I've been doing it lately. And it has gotten me out so much and I'm really enjoying it. Physically tired tonight, but not yet sleepy. That's good.

Oh, we had Spring here today. Twice in one week. Imagine that; dare I hope? Lynn knows, just as I do; you can't count on much good Spring weather in Wisconsin until May. It's often cold and rainy in April. But the weather app is showing highs in the 50s for the next 10 days, which would be very unusual--I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I don't care if it rains--as you all know--but it would be so nice to have an occasional sunny day above 45.

Hoping that everyone is finding a rhythm for their Quarantine life.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    3v0shee1tsv3.png

Lana Miss T and I are on our way - thank you for setting that up! I made sure to get 6k steps today - sinus headache is not as bad today which is appreciated.

Hang in there and have a good night.