Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    MONDAY

I worked from home last week and was supposed to go back to the office this week. We are on a half staff situation alternating weeks in the office. However, I've actually been sick since February 21st with allergies of some sort. It has progressed into a productive cough. My boss told me to stay home today and keep him updated.

I called Teledoc (out company provides it to employees for free). They prescribed Z-pac and Claritin. If I'm not better by Wednesday, I need to visit a doctor in person. Fortunately, I can continue to work from home. I don't feel bad except when I cough. When that happens, it feels like millions of red hot needles are poking me in the chest, arms, and back. I can only assume my chest is compressing my heart in an unpleasant manner.

Everyone stay well. Do the best you can in these strange times.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    Hi y’all. Just as things were starting to clip along at a good pace. Ugh 😩 So much has radically changed for so many in just the last week or less.

Not doing too well on my journey to wellness, but at least I am not gaining weight.

The weather is very nice, here. Actually, it’s already in the classification of “too hot and humid” for me.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Runa in Tulsa, OK

Hey there Runa ❗️

I totally missed seeing your post when I got to The Club yesterday.
    It's always good to hear from you. Hang in there with the hot and humid. Do whatever you can manage on your journey to wellness. Never give up!!

- - - - - - - -
    And as for the rest of you ladies, I am sorry if I have blown by your posts. Tonight I think I can sit down and read back a few pages.

Alejandro says that there will be a special Happy Hour at The Club late afternoon~~

Lana

253.0 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    MONDAY

Good morning,

I refuse to weigh in, not worth it this week.

Maureen, have not hurt my back for years, it is doing better this morning - walked and stood a lot.

Have to call boss (I am being passive aggressive and calling after hours) to tell her my start back day is 03/31 instead of 04/01 our jobs are essential but they are doing little to make things 'safer' so masks it is - I bought the 3M kind after the Campfire last year.

Will go knit in my car, have a new set of yarn for another prayer shawl. Variety is good when knitting.

Having nowhere to go, I will fly by again later.

Maureen what snacks are you eating in the day can you make healthy snacks with more protein to keep you awake?

Wave to all who follow
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I didnt see Lana's or Tracy's post when I wrote, sorry about that.

Allergy season is here for sure and symptoms between allergy and cov19 overlap. Hope things clear up with what the dr prescribed.

Lana - were you the one who told me they now have a drive thru strip club in LV??? I would be temped just to see how that 'works'. But then I like pickle flavored potato chips too.....

Will take dog out and then start my first walk of the day. Miss T is snoring so maybe not.....
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Wow! What a crazy world we live in. Working very hard today to try and get our staff safe and comply with Wisconsin's stay at home order that is expected tomorrow. One never knows what the next day will bring. Crazy!
    Glad to hear from everyone! I hope you are all well and hanging in there.
    Lana - worried about you and all your travels....
    Stay safe everyone!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 600 Member
    Tracey, my friend has a cough like that--really bad, a lot of pain in her head, chest, and abdomen from the cough. After having a cough suppressant prescribed online, she found she needed to be seen and was sent directly to ER. They said she has a virus, can't be tested, should go home and come back if it gets worse. She reports feeling better now that her 4 year old daughter has gone to stay with dad for a couple of days. My friend can't talk or move without triggering the cough and finds sleeping difficult still. She reports it is a bit better today.

They are only testing people who are hospitalized in most places, unless you are rich and famous and/or a dumbass U.S. Senator who goes around like usual while waiting for his test results. SMH. And he's a doctor.
  • mkculs13
    Sara I'm confused. Why are you knitting in your car? Are you recording the names of your enemy (ala A Tale of Two Cities)?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Maureen, I knit in my car to get out of my quarantine and if I knit at home dog sits on my lap and I gift these shawls to people who are ill, I dont know if they have animal allergies, so I have to find places to knit where my dog isnt. Dont be confused I kill 2 birds - I get out of the house and see sunshine and I get knitting done.
  • mkculs13
    Maureen, I knit in my car to get out of my quarantine and if I knit at home dog sits on my lap and I gift these shawls to people who are ill, I dont know if they have animal allergies, so I have to find places to knit where my dog isnt. Dont be confused I kill 2 birds - I get out of the house and see sunshine and I get knitting done.

What a great idea, and so thoughtful of you, too. Do you drive to scenic places so you have a lovely view while you knit?

Both my legs are sore and my right knee hurts so I'm icing it. I've been pushing myself lately. The good news is that in a couple of days, I should see a marked improvement in my fitness (pretty low starting point, so while there will be improvement, it doesn't mean I'll be "fit.") Won't run again until Thursday but will get in a lot of walking and hiking.

I made pasta with TVP today and did a better job recording the ingredients' mass before I combined them. I have reached my protein goal today, having tuna for lunch and TVP for dinner. I put the leftovers in a casserole dish and realized I could put some ricotta on top and have something sort of like lasagna. My daughter will be so happy.

Lynn, I'm curious to see what type of changes I notice around town after the order kicks in. It's been pretty quiet on Madison's west and south sides. The difference when students are gone and there are no classes is always pretty remarkable. It's a lot like that, but even a bit quieter. I'm wondering if it will be totally "ghost town" after today.

Have a good evening, all.
  • mkculs13
    I finished lunch before 10:30, so I've made an executive decision to eat at maintenance today. I'm going to skip exercise and do some house work instead, after my nap. I'm feeling cranky and worn out. On the plus side, the pup has been an angel since waking me really early again. She seems calm and relaxed. Not like her usual wild self. I will take her to a smallish dog park later if my son gets back today with Radar. Here's his pic for your viewing pleasure, since I can't remember if I already posted it.s3ht2koa31c6.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Essential trips only here in CA we are in shutdown - groceries/pharmacy/food to go etc, so I sit in my parking space and knit.

One of my last disability forms had to be mailed, so I walked to mailbox. Next Tuesday I face the monsters again.

Will I make quiche or cheeseburger casserole? My to do list is for Saturday when I do all my errands at once.

Tracy love asparagus and your meal sounded wonderful.

Maureen, you have wonderful dogs.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Maureen, I am from a more rural area. Less traffic, much easier driving through school zones, but it seems like much of what is currently open are essential. We will see. Was shocked it is for an entire month. Numbers in WI don't seem to be jumping leaps and bounds so maybe...we have a handle on this a little bit? I hope.
    Sara - glad you find a way to get out of the house. I find it hard to sit at home...my mind races and imagines bad things. So work is good for me. I am feeling bad you have to go back to work.
    Lana - on my way to the Club right now!
    Hello Tracy - I am very excited to hopefully get lots of asparagus from my patch this year. LOVE it!
    Waves to everyone who pops in. Hope all are well.
    Lynn
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hope everyone is staying healthy. I’m trying too, I’ve got asthma so I’m a bit concerned about getting COVID-19. My main job isn’t going to close as it’s considered essential and haven’t received the okay to work from home. Second job is closed, gyms closed. My four furkids are enjoying the extra time with momma. And the appraiser came today as part of the refi process for my house. Will find out in a few days to find out how much my house is worth. Have a good day and be safe!
  • mkculs13
    Sara, thank you. I love my dogs. My two adult sons took the big guy, Radar, to their dad's house in Milwaukee b/c dad is stuck in Tx and his house is empty. So I'm having some special bonding time with my baby girl, Skye. Gotta get back to doing some more obedience work, though.

Lynn, Dane county numbers aren't great, but I'm glad most of WI seems to be less affected and I hope it stays that way. I'd expect rural areas to see a slower rise in numbers, but at the same time, they also have fewer hospital beds and ventilators. So I hope that slower rise is slow enough everywhere, although New York anticipates needing 33,000 ventilators more than it has, and in 14-21 days. That's a pretty intimidating prospect.

So yesterday turned out to be a total wash for me. I stayed up too late after a long nap, and ended up with some out-of-control eating and well above maintenance. I'm not one to dwell on what I can't change--like the past. So I've realized--again, I seem to have the same "insights" weekly--that long naps are not my friend, and going to bed earlier is my most effective way to avoid evening eating. I have a real antipathy toward feeling sleepy and not being able to sleep, but I'm going to have to limit any naps to 20 minutes or so and ONLY if I've had a crummy night's sleep the night before. I really want to be that morning person I once was, and while I'm waking early (thanks, Skye), I'm not getting up and out. I'm just going to put myself on a schedule, set alarms (!!!) and get back on the horse, so to speak. Which makes me really wish I had a horse to ride; I grew up with horses and miss that part of my youth.

Anyhoo, it's time to dress for the dog park and get out there and walk in the fresh air. No sunshine today, but it should be warmer than my previous visits over the past week. There's a pollen "warning," it's currently 38F and the high should reach 50 today. I'm going to enjoy that.

I hope everyone has a good day.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    45 degrees out...although cloudy. Going to get my walk outside today. Too much stress and too many things to do, I can feel it in my body and brain. I have to get back to my routines regarding health. That includes sleeping. I will do some relaxation exercises to try and turn my brain off.
    Here is wishing you all well! Stay safe out there!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Went to Vet/pet store to get allergy meds for dog her sneezing and seal "barking" is giving me a headache. So I got her allergy meds and extra cans of wet food for her meds. She got her allergy meds as soon as I got home, so she will feel better soon with any luck.

Playing phone tag with lady who can deliver me her dry food. Seems she can still deliver and I am pleased.

More people wearing masks.... nice reminder to be careful.

Be kind and stay safe.

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    I'm just restless. Couldn't walk today because of rain. Finished a dish rag and a swatch for my piano bench. I have a sweater started from months ago but don't really feel like knitting. Pretty soon I'm going to take jump in a local pond to swim. Too bad I don't have a wet suit. Look out fishies here I come.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Hey Ladies~~

Just stopping by for a minute. I am very tired.

Waving to Sara and Missy and Dawn (where is Dawn?) and Kathryn (where is Kathryn?) and Lynn and Maureen in Wisconsin and Tracy in Tennessee and Holly and Runa and Meghan and Saltine and Tracey in Canada....I miss AnnLiz and Laura and Nikki from across The Pond.

Waving also to anybody else who pops in to say hello later on~~

Lana

253.6 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Glad to see you stop by Lana - I bet you are tired. Anything with math gives me "mental vertigo".

I made cheeseburger casserole and got back 2 chocolate cupcakes in the dish I gave neighbor - great trade!!

See
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/?s=cheeseburger+casserole

Dogs meds are working nicely and she is only coughing sneezing half as much which is wonderful.

Sunny day with cotton clouds. Sun with clouds next 2 days - back to work on Tuesday. I am hearing we can work alternate hours, but it may not apply to me as I am still "in probation". We shall see. :disappointed:

Stay safe and eat well.