Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. Just a quiet day at home. Obedience class is cancelled until further notice due to the need for social distancing. I was a bit surprised b/c the facility is huge and we would be able to maintain 6' of distance. But better safe than sorry, I guess. I've spent the day reading good information online (the WHO report from a team visit to China in February is really interesting, although I skipped over the one part that is very science-y). Then, to my surprise, I went jogging--a good 4.2 miles. I had no plan to jog today but I felt like I had to do something. So, that's what I did.

Both my sons are home so I am very relaxed, although my younger may have to go back to college tomorrow. I hope not. I will feel much better if both are home. My daughter is at her boyfriend's house, in town, and she stays in touch and will probably come home tomorrow or Monday. I really like her bf and am confident she is safe with him so I can relax even if she isn't here--although I'd prefer they both stay here, of course.

so bc i jogged i can enjoy pizza for dinner, mmmmm.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    Dear Lana-

Glad you have 2 CPAPs and if James will not assist you, you do what you must - can you get a third so you have 2 again??

You are going Tuesday to Las Vegas to sign tax forms? Gamble just for the heck of it or see The Blue Man Group?

Make a wish list, one year from now I want -- and work towards it.

You should see the size of my chocolate/ chocolate chip muffin - I have walked 5k so far.....

Neighbor with dog is moving tomorrow and both have been so wonderful. I gave him a $20 gift card from Target as he is moving to the Midwest and who knows what he will need and he in turn gave me a gift card to the Asian store we both liked along with his food court card that collects credits to spend on their food court every time you purchase things - he being vegan never used his. Hard when good people leave your daily life.

New prayer shawl will be in blues from light blue to turquoise and dark teal and ocean blue. Will get a nice piece of my oddball yarn into one project

Muffin and knitting. Wave to all who follow.

Dear Sara -
    That is an excellent idea about the One Year From Now Wish List. I should work on it and put it someplace I can see it every day.

I am going to LV to work side by side with DH on gathering and adding all of his business expenses for three past years. This is what is holding up the filing of three years of tax returns. He is a complete fail in this area. It wobbles the mind, as Kelly Bundy would say.

So sad to hear a nice neighbor is moving away. It is a loss for you.
    I'm glad that you are getting some walking in and that you are busy with the prayer shawl knitting.
    Scruffies to Miss Tillie!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Hey, all. Just a quiet day at home. Obedience class is cancelled until further notice due to the need for social distancing. I was a bit surprised b/c the facility is huge and we would be able to maintain 6' of distance. But better safe than sorry, I guess. I've spent the day reading good information online (the WHO report from a team visit to China in February is really interesting, although I skipped over the one part that is very science-y). Then, to my surprise, I went jogging--a good 4.2 miles. I had no plan to jog today but I felt like I had to do something. So, that's what I did.

Both my sons are home so I am very relaxed, although my younger may have to go back to college tomorrow. I hope not. I will feel much better if both are home. My daughter is at her boyfriend's house, in town, and she stays in touch and will probably come home tomorrow or Monday. I really like her bf and am confident she is safe with him so I can relax even if she isn't here--although I'd prefer they both stay here, of course.

so bc i jogged i can enjoy pizza for dinner, mmmmm.

Wow Maureen! Jogging over 4 miles on a whim - that is amazing!

I hope that your younger son gets to stay home for a while longer and do his classes over the internet, or however a lot of school are handling it.

You and little pupper will have to practice all that obedience at home~~~ 😁

Have a great day dear~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

*** SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY *****

Waving to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

253.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

My normal routine was detoured when the store was closed for restocking- man in parking lot said Walmart was open and they had TP - I thanked him - so much rudeness that I was thankful that someone offered assistance. Found 1ply TP at Walmart bought 1 package (saw some moron with a cart full of only 6 packages of TP that doesnt last long :D ). Places are closing early so they can restock. People are acting like they will never eat or see TP ever again.

Someone at the store said something to me and I was out of it - it was one of the Security Guards from work. He was picking up breakfast items. We had a chat about why I was out on leave and when I was coming back (3/30 not 04/01 I ran out of hours....). He said try and get out of town and I may ask a neighbor to help. Lastly I also told him there was TP he better get some.......

I will set up yarn for my next prayer shawl it will go from dark to light and back to dark with same colors so I have to split the colors I have less of into 2 similar size balls.......

Rain here for today and tomorrow and it is very welcome as is the snow in the mountains.

My plan is to make broccoli/cheese quiche and sweet potatoes to bake and fill with cheese/black beans/walnuts? so I have some meals ready.

Wave to all who follow.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the CPAP. My biggest problem is the gurgling from condensation. Went to church and our pastor said to be wise but not to live in fear. My kindle which I use for posting is dying. My computer won't hold a charge. So if you don't hear from me it is because of technology. I only have a flip phone. Waves to all and safe travels.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sunday evening--a quiet day and glad to have it. My district is now closed until further notice--no going in M/Tu to help families and students prepare for this situation. I will worry about them and keep them in my prayers.

My sons seem to be getting the message that social distancing means staying HOME or being outside. I took the dogs to a dog park and am glad I did. Both boys have gone outside to jog. My daughter is the ultimate couch potato and is doing her nails . . . apparently, from what my students tell me (they all see her instagram pics) she is pretty darn good. Doesn't matter; no clients for her until we are through the worst of this pandemic.

I hope all of you are figuring out how to be well and happy under the circumstances. It will be hard not to eat all the easy-to-grab stuff I got for my kids. But, I'm going to make the effort. And with more time to walk and take naps, I'm thinking I'll get up and out early with the dogs--avoid the rush--nap midday, and jog or walk in the evening. Staying inside all day won't work for me.

@LanaCabana537, I jog regularly--and very, very slowly. I've been careful this winter to put 2 full days between jogs--so jogging only every 3rd day. I just happened to feel like I needed it yesterday and was a bit worried b/c I'd gone out on Thursday--but today my knees are fine. Hope your travels go ok--I see a lot of chaos at the airports as international travelers return home and then need to get domestic flights. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

**** MONDAY MARCH 16TH *****

Good morning All~~~

Lynn, how did everything go this past weekend?

Maureen and Sara - you two have a handle on things.

Holly - I hope that we can hear from you when you can. Your pastor had good advice.
    As for your CPAP, just some ideas: I have solved condensation in hose by lowering the % of humidity I ask it for, and DH has overcome it by adding an insulating sleeve on the hose and other times by using the heated hose feature, which I don't have the add-ons for. I like simple. He likes overdoing.
    Just some thoughts. Also it can help a tiny bit to not fill the tank all the way to the top.

Waving to all who stop by later on. I am very happy to realize that The Cabana Club is immune to any viruses!

tybzeoc91cfh.jpeg

Lana

253.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good Morning. Day 1 of closed schools here. I created groups for my Google voice account so I can reach out to all families for whom I have a text number. Time well spent, especially since I forgot to turn off my morning alarm (and the 7 others; I'm the "bell system" at my work site) and was awakened at 6:30 am.

Lana, I cannot tell you how much your picture refreshed my soul when it was the first thing I saw on this thread today. I know I'd find all of this easier to take if I was in Florida, closer to my mom and sibs and enjoying the beautiful weather. It will reach 40 here today, so warmer than yesterday but still not warm. I am tempted to load kids and dogs in cars and all of us drive down for the duration. I probably won't, but who knows? I'll certainly be heading to the Dog Park (DP) again today--maybe twice.

I made pasta with TVP for our protein last night. No one complained, but I'm not sure who actually ate it. I need to add something to make it a bit spicier. Suggestions?? I don't like garlic, FYI.

Arguing over text messages with my Nurse Practitioner sister who is planning to take my mom (91) to get her hair done one day this week, and maybe nails another day. WTF. That sounds completely irresponsible. Deep breath--we will work it out.

So, what has changed for you with the COVID pandemic? Anyone else have their work site close down? Ideas for avoiding conflict with an 18 year old who has gone all haywire since she went on birth control pills last month? Haha.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Dog at Vet for annual check up - dirty looks from Miss T as she got no food - time to clean teeth-maybe. They may close to only emergency visits only - we shall see. Also found out the virus does not pass on to dogs - so that is media based hysteria - that one is false.

Lost weight I gained last week - all that walking - wasnt all the healthy food I ate - muffins/candy bars etc.

No dog for day - vacuumed and will be at home waiting for phone to ring on dog, great chance to knit without dog on my lap.

Maureen - can you make "chili" TVP using kidney beans, some diced tomatoes, onions with chili powder and whatever other spices - sour cream/ corn chips on side???? Bribe the 18 year old to help you clean the house - clothes shopping or gift card etc based on how much she gets done.

Rain today makes walking less than pleasant but after lunch the chance of rain is less.

Lana love the updated cabana boy pool. I hope that water is warm - that would be a nice change.

Cars in parking lot at my job - have not heard yet about any closures job wise. Strange times indeed, but it is the best time to remember to be kind.

Wave to all who follow. Miss T update later.

• MyBeth1
    MyBeth1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just looking to get back on track after an emergency trip to take care of my mom. Ugh my downfall is emotionally eating. Now that I am back home (10 lbs heavier). I want to kick myself for not following my plan but there is a plus side . Now I know my triggers what do about them. Easier said then done. By being home, it will be easier to start again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Where I usually drink tea and knit is closed for socializing until further notice. I am wondering if I am going to have to communicate with sail flags or signs in the windows.

Mybeth you have done the hardest part - acknowledging you want to change. Start with small steps.

Sunshine tomorrow I hope the rain while needed does not help the "gloom" factor.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    My daughter decided she wanted to have my birthday cake tonight instead of tomorrow (she made it), so I'm closing out today well over my goal but possible still under maintenance.

Sara, we had dark clouds all day and temps in the 30s. Not exactly great weather, but my daughter accompanied me to the dog park for a long walk--a first! I was so happy to have her with me, I didn't even notice the weather except when she commented on it. The pups love it, of course, and I get in good exercise and fresh air.

I hope everyone is settling into their social distancing routines comfortably or at least not uncomfortably. Take care.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    jcb3ax6j89r7.png

TUESDAY

Good morning

Early one for me but dog time taken care of- more sleep for me??

Eye apt, then go to favorite eatery and see if I can get their Corned Beef lunch - or to go whichever is possible.

Made smiley face sign to stick on window - it may be considered "graffiti" from manager - but I am doing it anyway and will find out.

Otherwise the sun should be out and while I cant knit in the community center I can knit out by the pool.

Wave to all who follow.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara!!!

I like your Smiley Face idea. Anything to help in this situation.
    I also hope that you can get your favorite meal to go today. Thank you for the artwork!!!

Today will be a long day of getting ready and then traveling out to Las Vegas. I will arrive at what will be my "midnight".

You know how there have been crazy people buying up all of the toilet paper?
    I have a DH who is the polar opposite:
    On the phone yesterday, I ask him "how is your supply of toilet paper (for my visit)?" He says: "I have 4 rolls."

I need a more thoughtful person in my life, don't I? He is very smart, just completely impractical.

Well, hopefully the LV stores will get in the groove now that they have decided to dispense with the 24-hour open and go to the 8AM to 10PM in order to have time to quietly restock the shelves.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

Lana

254.6 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Top o' the morning to you and Happy Saint Patrick's Day, early birds and late comers. I think I kind of slept in--didn't even look at the clock when I woke up. Why bother? Nowhere to go and nothing to do except chill; my time's my own--except for dogs, cats, and kids, of course.

My house is a wreck--not exaggerating. I've let the puppy tear up an area rug for her own amusement b/c I planned to get rid of it anyway. Stuff is piled everywhere b/c I have yet to clean out closets and make space for all the new stuff I need to store. I even thought of going to my classroom and grabbing a large, sturdy table there to use in my garage to hold stuff. Winter is almost over and I can keep the car outside (not going anywhere early, anyway, so frost would have time to melt). Younger son comes back from college tomorrow (yes, I'm totally pissed they are STILL having classes on campus) and he is like a tornado moving through and dumping stuff everywhere. He doesn't really have a room since my eldest moved back. Gotta figure this out.

So, I've asked the two that are here to help me clean as my birthday gift (I'm 61 today). The 18 year old is still asleep and the 29 year old is working from home, so I guess that will have to wait until he's done working. Will head to the dog park once the sun warms things up a bit. Pretty chilly this morning (29F).

Lana, I hope your trip is easy and the time in LV isn't too stressful.

Sara, did you get to go back to sleep? I'm still playing with the idea of getting up earlier and taking a midday siesta. That was always my summer schedule in the South when I was younger, avoiding the heat and sun from noon to at least 3 pm.

Have a great day, all.
    Maureen

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    m0ny0meeaenf.png
  • mkculs13
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 Thank you!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Maureen!
    klfzzp48qroh.jpeg
  • mkculs13
    Options
    @LanaCabana537 That is adorable; thanks.