Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I don’t have any words of wisdom or advice....hugs and love to everyone Thank you all for being you

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Tax update, sorry so late.

Feds I owe a huge $2.00 and I got a state refund - I had to pay for my tax prep, but my mistakes have been too many in the past I am afraid of an audit (I cant even balance my check book and I am not kidding it is a family joke - hahahahaha :p I have not checked but I will get an ecredit for Walmart that I can use so it cuts down the total price of going to this tax place. I have to have someone help me to make sure I get the ecredit card correctly so I can use it at the store and dont "mess" it up.

So I bought 2 pieces of cake (honey cake and pistachio cheese cake) both of which I will have again and split with the neighbors mother over coffee.

Dinner tonight is mini bagel with ricotta cheese - late for me but I need something in my stomach before meds and lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    q4sfq5hu2q1v.png

ifgjhzrtwy2f.png

ie4dstd2gg4k.png

2raz293sm3v6.png

Got carried away and time to curl up with Miss T

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    q4sfq5hu2q1v.png

ifgjhzrtwy2f.png

ie4dstd2gg4k.png

2raz293sm3v6.png

Got carried away and time to curl up with Miss T

Love these thank you for sharing!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,836 Member

ozo3agbekeis.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537

Happy Friday and good morning to All~~

Sara - Thank you for the inspirational quotes. I appreciate them big-time!

I think that I am going to punt on the 9AM walk with the ladies. I want to walk alone, at my own pace around noon. I know that the "company" is healthy, but I don't want to walk and talk, and this is a talking group. Plus I'm out of shape, and if I walk with them, I might hurt my feet, which has happened before....

So I tell you this to make me accountable for that noon walk.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

251.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    holly1283 wrote: »
    Lana, you will always love him on some level. However his treatment of you is not healthy. My husband has been deceased 14 yrs. It wasn't all bad but harmful to many. Don't rely on your feelings. Hopefully you have a good therapist to help you deal objectively. I truly feel your pain. Lean on your friends for support. That is why they are here.

Holly,

Yesterday I had a long talk with my best friend from college, and she is better than my therapist in some ways. She learned from HER therapist that Feelings are not Facts. This really hit home with me yesterday. So to hear you say to not rely on my feelings really clicked.

Thanks for your encouragement!
  • LanaCabana537
    Tracy wrote:
    "I am attempting to steel my resolve at this moment. Found out that a very dear friend of mine died in January and I did not know anything about it. She leaves a beautiful 16-year old daughter with special needs and an elderly husband. Their only other family is her brother. My heart is breaking for them.

Although I have no one dependent on me and nothing significant to live for, I suppose it is my human duty to stick around long enough to see if I will ever be useful. Good health seems to be a necessity for sticking around, therefore, I'd best get to it.

Here's to better days ahead for all of us."

Tracy -

So very sorry to hear about your friend and those she leaves behind. Very tough stuff.

I understand your feelings -- my sister and my friends call it the feeling of a lack of sense of purpose. So, you are not the only one--I talk to my sister and a lot of friends about how do we cope when we have no one close around us? No immediate family to care for, in a lot of our cases no job to go to..... We can flounder around and wonder why bother living at all.

We are aware though that one of the best ways to counter this feeling is to give to other people, to volunteer, to contribute, to help others. I think that you are involved with your lodge?

So hang in there dear. Stay with us, and it is quite likely that we will all find our way!

Love and hugs,
    Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Good morning.

Lana, I'll be checking in later to see if you did that walk. Noon your time is 11 my time, so I'll give it a couple hours. Now you know someone will be "watching."

Negative student energy ran high in here on Wednesday, and then a number of kids self-selected to stay home yesterday, so it was very low energy. Fridays can go either way, so we will see. . . The sun is out and I always feel just a tad bit more positive and hopeful when I've had some sun on my face for the day.

Have a good one, folks.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    TGIF
    Hello all. got caught up.
    Lana and Tracy sending you extra special hugs. Sending everyone of course hugs!
    Lana - you are taking care of your eating - the scale numbers look great. On your walk - ENJOY! sometimes silence quiets those feelings. Sometimes it does not.
    Sara - glad your taxes worked out. I have not done mine - do mine through Turbo usually. I am hearing complaints that middle income folks are getting hit by paying in or much lower refunds. I try not to get a big refund, but I will be crabby if I have to pay :wink:
    Like the Feelings are not facts. Very true!
    I was weak yesterday so I will requote for myself at least: I will be happier being healthy in the long run than if I satisfy this temporary desire to eat Cant really say my desire to eat is temporary LOL
    Have a great Friday - do one thing for yourself.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Dog made me get up - she just sits there and makes noise until I get out of bed.

Not too much on my to do list today which is fine by me. Will get in some walking soon and then knit knit knit.

My ecredit card for Walmart from the tax prep company is enough where I can buy some clothes and stock up on some things -TP is on list but wondering what else.

Need to make hard boiled eggs to make egg salad for lunch and salad for dinner. Church is having an open house until 7 and while I dont drive well at night it involves 2 streets so I shouldnt get lost.....

Did Lana say 12?? Have a great walk. Let us know.

• mkculs13
    Lana, it's about 1:40 your time--how was the walk?

No one is more surprised than me that I remembered to check in. Having a late lunch b/c students are quiet and I can manage it; logging my food reminded me.

Tracy, that sounds like a LOT. Good for you. I am happiest when I'm busy.

Sara, my pup woke me 4 times Wednesday night, twice last night. She got into my daughter's chocolate cupcakes and then had too many training treats, so she's needed to go out a lot. I'm dragging from the disrupted sleep but hope that I will get in at least a short run if nothing else today.

Tomorrow, intermediate obedience in the a.m. and herding instinct test in the pm. So excited. My son will come to the herding test to film it. I am praying it goes well. Of all the things I'm doing right now, it's the one I'm most excited about.

Toodles.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Got my mile swim in. Tomorrow going to a volleyball tournament. Maybe I can get a walk in between games if weather cooperates. Don't know if I will have service to post. Hope all have a good weekend.
  • mkculs13
    I'm up much too early---but good morning to all. My pup has had tummy trouble for the last few nights and I haven't had 2 hours straight of sleep in a while. It's a busy day for us today, but thankfully I can collapse tonight and hope she will sleep through the night, too. Right now I'm waiting impatiently for my coffee to brew.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
  • LanaCabana537

SATURDAY March 7th ☀️☀️☀️

Good morning Everyone!

Yes, indeed, I did my Pumpkin Loop walk yesterday!
    It was sunny and a bit windy, so it sounded spooky while walking, because the pine trees are so close together, and they touch and creak!

I hope that everyone has a good day, what with tournaments and herding tests and cooking and shopping and volunteering and wrangling two computers, etc.!

I managed to get into some carbs yesterday, and my trusty scale tracked them for me.
    Back on the "balance beam" today. 😊

Lana

252.6 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Getting ready to go shopping for convention. Small stuff. Travel shampoo and maybe one outfit.

Talked to my mom today. She has bladder surgery on Monday. Healing thoughts would be appreciated.

Found out my niece is pregnant with her seventh child. :s

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

SW 222
    CW 190.4
    GW 145
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2020
    Tracy!
    I hope that you find a cute outfit that will bring you joy~~
    I am sending healing thoughts for your mother and her surgery. Is your mother near you in Tennessee?
    When is your convention? Will you be on the road when your mom has her surgery?

Lana
  • lucyjessica0107
    lucyjessica0107 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everyone!

Me and my friend have a healthy eating instagram where we post what we eat and share recipes. We have a mixture of meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan meals.

Whether you are just starting out or you just need some motivation, check us out @fatfreefriends on instagram.

Thanks❤
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Tracy!
    I hope that you find a cute outfit that will bring you joy~~
    I am sending healing thoughts for your mother and her surgery. Is your mother near you in Tennessee?
    When is your convention? Will you be on the road when your mom has her surgery?

Lana

No outfits. I decided to shop my closet and dig out some clothes I haven't seen in a while.

My parents live about a mile away. They are in good health (other than this minor thing). She and Daddy will go spend the night in Memphis, get her surgery and come home Tuesday.

I leave Thursday for convention and return Sunday. No overlap in the events, but I probably won't see her until next week since I'm still fighting a sinus infection.

Thank you for your kind thoughts!