Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Time got away from me- it is now pouring so buckets outside to stop the lake outside my front door. The rain is needed and it is snowing in the mountains, so not complaining just doing some damage control.

I am in for most of afternoon, will curl up with dog and take a nap.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Tracy, wishing your mom a very uncomplicated surgery and recovery.

Lana, good for you. What part of NC are you in? I'm considering moving there. Here in WI, we had 47 degrees and sunny but the wind made it feel colder, which was a bit disappointing because I am so longing for warm weather. I'll be in FL for spring break, but that's still 3 weeks away.

My sweet girl passed her Herding Instinct Test with flying colors, and was exhausted after. The tester was impressed with her skill at such a young age. We had obedience earlier in the day, so we've been busy. Two pics for your viewing pleasure. noxsjh05st3j.jpg
    gtco0k5xnr0r.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ☀️☀️☀️ IT'S SUNDAY !! ☀️☀️☀️

Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - I am glad that you are getting rain~~

Maureen your little girl is SO cute. I am glad that she did so well~~

Tracy - Shopping in one's own closet it a great thing! Yay for you--

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Lynn and Holly and Runa and Saltine and Missy and all the other ladies and anyone else who stops by today.

I need to plan my food day and figure out where I should go on a walk today. 😁

Lana

251.2 today (whew)
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. Up and at it at 7 am, but of course 6 am for my body's time. Glad to see time change, though, so we have some decent afternoon sunlight.

Lana, thanks. I'll get some good pics with my other dog when we are out today; he has being photographed and I'm hoping being outside makes him less self conscious. I'm taking both my dogs to a sizeable dog park today for a good walk. They collapsed for the entire day after we went last weekend, so I suspect this will really tire them out again. And I'll get in a couple of miles, with friends. Thank goodness. I can only run 2x/week right now (injury recovery), so I need to walk more and I prefer company when I walk--even if it is just my dogs. My conservancy trail is still icy as of Friday--so maybe by this evening, it won't be. Supposed to hit 58 here today and that *might* do it, but our ice is thick this year. Here's a link to the lovely trail I can use about 8-9 months of the year. I live right on it; lucky me!

https://parks-lwrd.countyofdane.com/park/PheasantBranchCreekConservancy

I hope everyone has a lovely day and treats themselves like the queen they are.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lovely nap with Miss T who is now fed for dinner.

Someone saw me knitting and wanted to know if I sold them, I have two blankets on "hot" so I need to finish them, I did not want to encourage him, but if I see him again and he is interested I can talk to him more about them.

Asian Salad with ground turkey for lunch dinner will be Naan with cheeses.

Going back to knitting.

Wishing all a great day
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    <3 Maureen- your pups eyes are beautiful! Congrats to her for passing her test..those dogs are perfect for that
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what size needles you use, weight of yarn and about how long does it take to knit a prayer shawl? I'm just doing mindless knitting and making dish rags with left over cotton yarn. I need to do something to get out of my dark place. Thanks.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Prayer shawl 81 stitches total - seed stitch border (that drove me crazy so the border on the next one will be garter stitch) as many mult of 3 for middle - so if border is 10 on each side then as many 3 goes into 71 etc ( there is no magic # to 81 it was not my pattern) use yarn you have it is a good stash buster (gets rid of the odds and ends). My first one was almost even in blocks of color - but there are no rules. I put it down and did other projects for awhile and it would not take as long if I didnt do the blasted seed stitch on the borders.....Length test on yourself to see what would cover your shoulders and upper arms.

Those who do not knit this may as well be IT chat - Holly I hope this makes sense.
  • mkculs13
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @holly1283 and @Tilliesmommy1, herding dog owners and knitters make natural allies. Just sayin' :)

Up at 5 today--4 am on the "body clock," that's still on Standard Time. It's only one day, right? But Mondays are my long day. Ah, well; we'll see how it goes.

Have a good one, folks. Treat yourself like the Queen you are.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weekend was not bad. Slept a lot. Had a good visit from my daughter yesterday. Nothing special. Just watched tv, ate, and talked.

Convention looms. I think I have figured out my clothing situation. Will have to try a couple of things on tonight to make sure they fit.

SW 222
    CW 187
    GW 145
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the second post. My mom's surgery went well. She is out and will be in a room in an hour.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight back up - too many cashews.

Dr apt at 10 hope to do some serious Wmart shopping this afternoon. I would like a pair of jeans that fits - we shall see

Wishing all a great day
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Sorry for the second post. My mom's surgery went well. She is out and will be in a room in an hour.

Yay Tracy! Thanks for letting us know. Big hug to your Mom!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I lost my mind again yesterday and rolled through Whole Paycheck, grabbing things with way too many calories....I dragged them back to my lair and ate everything. 😳

Naturally the scale tracked it for me--I looked at the number with a 3 somewhere in it, jumped off, and promptly forgot the number, on purpose. 😝

Back up on the Balance Beam today, eating sensible, healthy stuff. 😇
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Tracy, so glad your mom is doing well. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Busy day at work. Finished all my cals by noon b/c I forgot how many were in my cereal and other things. Oops. Better make a plan to even things out over the week--my birthday is next week and I will eat cheesecake. Or maybe I just won't worry about it--in the big scheme of things, it will all work out.

Getting through Monday always makes the whole week feel easier for me, somehow--and I love my job. So I hope you are all feeling good about the rest of the week, too, even if you don't love your job.

Cheers,
    Maureen
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes Tilliesmommy I understood your directions. I agree about seed stitch. What a pain too time consuming. Going to visit my general practitioner on Thursday. I hope we can come to some conclusions. Have a good evening all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Day just started and yup I am up and cant go back to sleep. Got a lot of my "to do" list done yesterday. Will try and go shopping at Walmart this week, clothing is needed as my pants are about to give out.

Bored with my food - need to go back through what else I have made - I can make another quiche.

I will go back and watch Miss T sleep, sometimes that helps me sleep.

Wishing all a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara -

I hope that you got more sleep in....

I have a Do List that is looking like Mission Impossible - stuff to get done before I fly in a week to visit with DH. I want to pre-pack and mail some stuff ahead instead of taking a large suitcase or two suitcases. This takes strategic planning! 🤪

*tossing stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

252.4 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »

Glad it went well.. hope she has a speedy recovery... hugs
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Greetings, all. The knitting sounds complicated--but then I struggled with the basic stitch. Haven't tried in decades.

Sara, it's hard to wake too early and not be able to go back to sleep. I hope you had some luck and, if not, I hope tonight is better.

To do lists don't seem to work great for me. I think I get overwhelmed and freeze up.

My back spasmed yesterday and again today. So I went to doc and will start PT tomorrow--and will take my muscle relaxant tonight. I hope it resolves quickly and I learn some good exercises to strengthen my back muscles and abs.

Trying to get through today and hoping to be able to crash on those muscle relaxants.