Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Dawn, where are you that your are witnessing the tourist parade?

Lynn, have you had any sunshine on your side of the state? I'm about to give up on ever seeing it again. We had about 10 minutes of sun on my walk yesterday and that was it. Lots of clouds, lots of rain, lots of mud. Slightly less chilly but when the wind picks up, it's back to "feels like 37." March is a long month in WI.

Sara, glad to know you have all your plans set so you can get what you need in the most efficient--and least exposed--way possible. I haven't been shopping for almost 2 weeks now.

My sons are driving back and forth between my house and their dad's, 1.5 hours. But they don't stop and they don't shop. I have plenty of food for them to take back. The one thing I'm missing is produce and I'll try to order that for pick up today. I'd like them to have some fruits to take back. And I need a salad or two. Geez, it's been a while.

Have a good day, all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Making 2 desserts using biscuits I bought at an eatery but you can used a "tin" - cooked/warmed biscuit with ricotta cheese and blueberries.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Maureen I am trying hard to get green vegetables in- so I have been making broccoli quiche, I also bought asparagus because at 99 cents a pound - who wouldnt?? (unless you dont like it). Quiche is a good way to get vegetables in and can travel well. I am too lazy to make pie crusts, I will have to work on that.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,853 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies~~

I hope that everyone has had a decent Saturday, all things considered.

Here in LV, I've been trying to keep a cheerful, positive attitude to balance out DH, who is a nervous wreck from the pressure of having to be an adult.

Sara - that's a good deal on asparagus! I would love some with Knorr's Hollandaise sauce 😁

Waving to the rest of you ladies~~

*flopping into lounge chair, just exhausted from doing almost nothing*

Lana

252.0 today
    258.8 highest
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Maureen- I live at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. This is when people start coming down to get their homes ready for the summer. Normally, I would just be annoyed at not being able to go to store on weekends, jerks that drive on my butt, just too many people (I dont like lotsa people) I’m more annoyed now, at the fact that they just don’t get it.

Sara- it is nice to give love to our fur babies. I would be lost without mine and my DH...good luck returning to work. Hope you are allowed to work from home.

Lana- hugs to you...stay safe and let’s all meet at the Club, soon

I stayed an extra 3 hours at work to sanitize. I truly don’t feel like anything I did, is really helping. But, it made the Dr’s feel better...I think...we now have 4 cases in next County over and 1 in our County. My work, is literally on both County lines. Yes, we get clients from both (and other) counties. Guess those tourists are happy they’re here, now...

Weather has been nice last few days. Rain and sun...lots of wind, but nice, almost too warm temps...good to see the sun
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

☀️SUNDAY ☀️SUNDAY ☀️SUNDAY

Good morning All~~

One eye is open......

Lana

252.6 today
    258.8 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Lana! good weigh in and high five considering the "extra stress" you are going through

My NSV is that I do not have ice cream or cake in the house - blast it I forgot chocolate, but hot chocolate will have to work today and I will find chocolate - so no cake or ice cream!!!

Water is boiling to make tea - I bought bottled water (1 gallon) so my tea/coffee/hot chocolate tastes better. I think the bleach in the tap water might be a good thing???? That and I have to stay in budget.

Will work on #2 shawl and #3 is started, I just saw a "dead" project and that yarn may become #4.

Walking later is also on the books.

Wave to all who follow.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Happy Sunday to all.

Dawn, that seems like a nice place to be. Much nicer with a low census, I agree.

I did a long walk in the dog park--almost 5 miles. It was cold, wet, and rainy. Not too crowded but I was hoping it would be empty. I am really hoping for some warmer, dry weather soon. Looks like I might get a couple days this week, and then back to our typical spring nonsense. I need to feel warm Sun on my face.

I'm doing ok after 4 weeks back to this, down about 5-6 lbs, even while the past 2 weeks I've been surrounded by extra food, including a lot of snacks for my kids. I'm craving fresh produce and will try the store later this week. I really don't "need" anything but man, I could use a salad. If I knew of a place that made good ones, I'd just order it.

Sometimes I get the feeling time just stopped. Every day is like the one before. Hoping that getting back to work (from home) tomorrow will go smoothly. Part of me knows I won't like having a schedule imposed on me while I'm in MY home, but another part is looking forward to reconnecting with students.

I hope all of you are doing well and feeling more spring-like than me.
    Cheers
    Maureen

• mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. I'm starting back to work today--teacher education on virtual learning. Not sure when we will be bringing students back; maybe Monday 4/6. Of course, now that I have obligations for the day, I am exhausted--slept poorly and awake since 4. Apparently my daughter was roaming around; I thought I heard someone up when I awoke. The good news is, I can take a nap when we break for lunch.

I was looking over some information about activity levels for someone my age and size. I think I have my cals set too low, which may be why I am always so hungry. I'm going to bump up a few more and see if that helps without cutting into my rate of losing too much. I'd be ok with 1 lb a week if it meant I wasn't hungry all the time. And having better snacks around will help, too; I didn't even think of that for myself. No carrots or other relatively low-cal fillers. What are your favorites? I need ideas.

Of course now that I can't go to the dog park in the mid-morning, the sun is out. Maybe tomorrow I can go before work--that would be awesome. And if it is sunny all day today, a lot of the mud will dry out. I'm hopeful.

Have a great day, all.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. Glad th e weekend is over. Where to start? Weather was terrible but couldn't have gone out anyway. I was very sick. Vomiting and spiked a high fever of 104!! No body aches or pain and no respiratory issues. Thought maybe it was food poisoning. No gastric issues Sunday and temperature at 100 or lower all day. Temp even lower today. I feel almost human. On a lighter note, I have been way under my calorie intake. The sun is out. Some vitamin D may be in order. Waves to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Last day of freedom - work tomorrow! :pensive:

My good karma of the day - walking into Asian store and saw a ring- cant tell you fake from real diamonds, but I found the manager and gave it to him and said I found it in the parking lot.

Junk food city today and scale tells me about my eating out "to go" food -SALT city - so I needed to make sure I had enough real chocolate to handle this week.

Got new glasses will go looking to see if I can post a picture.

Holly hope you are feeling better

Wave to all who follow - stay safe and as much as you would like to flip off the idiots - you are better than them. Hang tough. Keep your cool.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Maureen - sun? What is sun? I look out right now and see a little blue peaking out, but have not seen the sun in 4 days I think :smile:
    Holly - yikes....take care of yourself. Hope cough does not develop. Sending you healing thoughts.
    Sara - thinking of you this week. Good luck with the return to work!
    Lana - hello! I did laugh out loud about your DH being a pain because of having to be an adult LOL.
    Ended my maple syrup production for the year. The good news is that means it is warming up. Didn't get near what we usually do - about 1/2. But that is ok, just less to give away. Ended up with 6.5 gallons of syrup which means we collected over 260 gallons of sap.
    Have a great Monday!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn- give away maple syrup?? Barter - my step brothers inlaws have an avocado orchard (8 trees) and they trade for them. Sun is coming east.

Cannot find the exact eye glasses, but I tried.

Going to knit in car.
  • holly1283
    Options
    PA schools closed indefinitely. Our county and one neighboring county under house arrest. My daughter was allowed in her school briefly to get materials for her speech students. She stopped at the local market and replenished supplies. Then we heard about not leaving the house even for walks. Thanks for the concern. Will you be able to work out of your home tomorrow? Just make wise decisions.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lynn- give away maple syrup?? Barter - my step brothers inlaws have an avocado orchard (8 trees) and they trade for them. Sun is coming east.

Cannot find the exact eye glasses, but I tried.

Going to knit in car.

Sure wish we could knit at the Cabana club. Although I would not knit - I would drink :wink:
    Give away - as gifts and thank you's. Yes I do some barters. Mostly returned favors. That stuff is like gold to me :)

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~

Just checking in....

Mmmmm - Maple Syrup!! Yay Lynn~~

Sara, it puts a smile on my face that you go to knit in the car. In another life, this would be a neat quirk of a character in a play or movie. 😉

Maureen, I hope you had a good Monday with the teacher learning thing and that you get good sleep tonight~

Hey Holly - How are you feeling?

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy and Missy and all the other ladies~~ Send up a flare when you have a chance

Lana

253.4 ☹️
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lynn, we have had a glorious day here. I had no idea how much the weather was affecting me the previous two days. I was really struggling. But today, everything was easy. I got back to work, too, and I think that helps.

I think I'll need two weeks vacay at the Cabana Club after all of this is done and over. Just sun and nothing to worry about. I'm imagining myself there (a LOT lighter than I am right now), in a very cute magenta bikini, matching toe nail polish, getting a foot massage from . . . I don't care who, it's a freaking foot massage . . . and listening to the sound of the ocean in the background.

Boy, does that sound nice to me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I was discussing having a "we made it through Covid 19" party with a neighbor - which would probably be August/Sept - so start your planning.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning

Up with the dog.

Work schedule again, hope to not fall asleep at work.

Meant to make quiche last night but walked far yesterday and napped too long.

Wave to all who follow.
  • holly1283
    Options
    Well I'd scare everyone away in a bikini. Yikes !! However, love your great imagination and the rest sounds wonderful. Feeling better each day. Going to venture outside even if to only sit outside. Sara can you post your finished shawls? I would love to see one. I have a massive fever blister at my nose and mouth. Any and all suggestions welcome. Have a good day.