Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    0lansnlc9uwe.png

5yu87n7khrxo.png

2kmow3m74fb8.png

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I did a stupid thing. Something that, a few weeks ago, no one would have thought twice about. I ran into a friend and her little girl, today. The little girl, about 2, reached up to me...I leaned down for a hug. What was i thinking. I'm kicking myself in the *kitten*... and, I want to reach out to apologize. My friend didn't say anything. Didn't act like it bothered her, at all. But, I can't stop thinking, what if I just made that baby sick? No. I have no symptoms. But, I deal with the public every day. I'm in and out of public places, most days. Being cautious as I can. Well.....well...
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I did a stupid thing. Something that, a few weeks ago, no one would have thought twice about. I ran into a friend and her little girl, today. The little girl, about 2, reached up to me...I leaned down for a hug. What was i thinking. I'm kicking myself in the *kitten*... and, I want to reach out to apologize. My friend didn't say anything. Didn't act like it bothered her, at all. But, I can't stop thinking, what if I just made that baby sick? No. I have no symptoms. But, I deal with the public every day. I'm in and out of public places, most days. Being cautious as I can. Well.....well...

It's very hard not to respond naturally to a child. Mom could have stopped her and didn't, so she may truly not be too concerned. Covid-19 is not supposed to be much threat to children. It's equally possible that the child could transmit to you, of course. I hope you will stop thinking about it; even if--God forbid--the child did become ill, there is no way of knowing who transmitted it to her. Or to you, if you--God forbid--became symptomatic.

You are likely fixated on this as a flash point for general anxiety over the whole topsy-turvy reality we are all experiencing right now. And of course, that is both normal and unhelpful. If you need suggestions on coping with anxiety, just ask--I've learned lots of techniques. Most importantly, remember you are catastrophizing the situation and the best way to counter that is by reminding yourself of the rational counterpoints, and then moving on to something else as best as you can. Rinse, repeat, until you are no longer getting pulled back in by the irrational thoughts. And yes, that is always much harder than it sounds. Hugs, and good luck.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - I have also not thinking got too close to people and then thought what you did. Maureen's response is well said and I will not repeat. Starting today - remember your "error" and dont make it again. Statistically it may be nothing. Lets hope not.

Used hot water bottle on eyes last night for first time in a long time. Right eye is the eye that gets migraines and I needed to do what I can to stop it as it is painful. May have to repeat again tonight.

It is THURSDAY - almost Friday for many of us. Find some clear space outside and walk and enjoy the fresh air.

Seems my supervisor refuses to go home and work from home, so I will stay there until I am cleared to go home. I have no clue how to set up computers, this will be fun -when that will happen is tba.

Hang in there, be kind but be safe.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, hoping you find a way to get that right eye to calm down. I've had two real migraines in my life--one at age 18 and another at age 36. Weird, huh. I get optical auras more frequently, but still rare. And no pain involved, thank goodness.

I'm taking today as a rest day; my body is telling me it needs to take it easy. My knee hurt when I was walking last night, which is really, really unusual. I'm going to look into getting some telehealth PT for it. Anyway, the dogs will be bummed b/c they love their walkies. I may still do a very slow mile at one dog park, throwing the ball the whole time, just to help them burn off the energy. And the one dog park is super easy--no hills or anything. I wouldn't even break a sweat at this point.

Off to continue my work day, which I started early. Looking forward to the weekend just b/c I can take time to CLEAN. Between teaching and exercising, I haven't had the time or energy. Things are getting desperate here :)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Sara - what a horrible thing for your boss to say. I like your positive spin on it!
    I see sun today! Amazing how that lifts the spirits. Walked outside at lunch. Awesome!
    talk to you later! Busy day.
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- thank you for your condolences. It will get better. Just takes time.. hugs

Maureen/ Sara- thank you so much. I do tend to overthink and beat myself up, all the time. I'm trying not to dwell on it. Will keep my hands to myself, from now on...

Sara- hope you're eye/ head feels better, soon. Maybe, allergies and working again?

Maureen- hope you are able to at least go for a short walk with pups..

Lynn- hi! Hope all is well, your way..

Hugs to all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    My sup and manager got their message mixed up as I thought I was working from home next week - seems I have to relearn what I learned in December and the stuff I am learning this week - Sup intimated that I might not make the new 90 day probation and therefore going home to work wouldnt happen.

It is possible I heard her wrong, but I dont think so. She also wants me to come in early to accommodate her schedule which means getting to work at 6:30.

Wowie how did I get so lucky?? I am helping a coworker transfer out of the department we are in. See what happens when you irritate me???
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning

ohhm7iqf0afi.png

Getting to work earlier on Monday - means I have another afternoon hour to job search or get to the Cabana Club early. If my boss has her way - it will only be for 90 days anyway - I figure as January was my "end date" I bought 6 months of income - it will give me time to research plan b.

TGIF - watched like a hawk at work as I am the only one there - so no lurking, but will catch you later.

Hang tight and stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, I admire the attitude you bring to the situation. Good for you.

Lynn, doesn't a bit of sunshine make a huge difference? Ours is sporadic; some days none, of course, but we are getting more sun, generally speaking (kind of non-linear, like weight loss :smile: ), so it's easier to power through the days without.

Dawn, you are so welcome, and I ended up doing a long walk with my pup and a friend on my "day off." So depending on how today turns out, I may be going out today for more, or not. Playing it by ear.

To all, I hope your Friday passes quickly and positively. See you around.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Completing my 3rd week of working from home. Not sure if I will have to go into the office next week (it's my turn according to the previous schedule) or if I will continue from home. Our state has issued a Stay-home order, however I am an essential worker (order processor for an energy management manufacturer). We shall see by the end of the day.

I have eaten very badly and gained 10 lbs in a week. I am not even stressing about that right now. My mental health is much more important than avoiding bread right now.

Have a safe, happy, and healthy day!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Peep.....

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sigh. I've been having night sweats again, part of what wakes me up. The other part has been the puppy barking to go out--which she had not done before. All the exercise in the evening may be throwing off both of us. I'm wondering if I need to switch to the morning for my more vigorous hikes. But I'm soooo tired in the morning b/c of the poor sleep. Feeling pretty good when I go out at lunch and after work, so I must be getting enough total sleep. I've had a lot of night waking due to night sweats over the past 10 years. Maybe it is time to ask my doc about it.

I'm hoping all of you are having a better night than me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning

Groceries, ATM machine and then pick up food at eatery. In for day and will knit/nap, do domestic things and maybe cook.

My hair is so short that I have no idea what the hair pieces are that people are using with scarves to make masks? Anyone know?

Back for more sleep. Dog is all taken care of.

Maureen - would stress be a cause of night sweats for you?

Wave to all who follow.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, no; I am not anxious. I think it is because of the evening exercise. I read up on it last night and that is one likely cause. So I'll skip that for a night or two and try to switch to the morning while I can. There is no reason I can't be up and OUT early; when I sleep well, I am a morning person anyway. And if I get out early, my very local route will be all but empty, which would be another benefit.

I am pretty sure the masks can be secured over the ears using hair bands--coated rubber bands for pony tails, etc. I've seen a couple of examples where that has been used. And also the soft, fabric headband, wider in back than in front, could be turned around to cover the face. v3ir248xsaah.jpg

y4yfdybi97f8.jpg

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Good morning all~~

only 5 hours sleep last night, and I am dragging.

What can I google to get Maureen's hair/headband things to use as a makeshift mask? I'll try on my own. But I will want to have one in a week or so in order to fly home.

Waving to the Cabana Boys to bring more coffee and tea to us~~

Lana

253.6? today
    255.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, Lana. I think I googled "headbands" and "hair bands"." Give those a try. I would imagine that a number of things would work to provide some protection both for you and for others near you--how much is the question, of course. Layering the material would increase the effectiveness of most fabrics/materials. I should have grabbed a stapler at work b/c if I make any, it will be with layers of paper towels and hair bands stapled to the sides for ear loops. I have no sense of shame so I would be perfectly happy with those. I really wish I had bandanas b/c I love that look--gives folks a sense of excitement and mystery. Of course, maybe that is not what people want right now.

I'm dragging right along with you. I went in to my classroom (it is not in a school building b/c I work in a separate "off campus" site that no one but my colleague and I have keys to) to organize computers for my supervisor to pick up and mail/deliver to students, and I grabbed a few for students whose homes are close to our site. I was going to go to the dp for a 1 mile walk with Skye, but felt too worn out. I will go later; she went to work with me and all the activity was exciting (read, used energy) for her. She's resting now and I am seriously considering a nap :)

Cheers to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana here is the one I have a link to - I hope this works you can also search Youtube in case this link doesnt work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAj12GKuAEk&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2QQoUA5v2AcKWxOTgu5_7yc4kR9RIQfXZ_IEf87RYxUWLqu-IZ8hGowm8

Maureen thank you for the pictures and ideas - some people are using padded bras and cutting them in two and using them for masks.

8 out of 10 of the people I saw in cars or in store are NOT wearing masks - at the asian store it was more like 40% of people were. Could not believe it.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, I imagine a lot of people haven't been able to get any. I'm waiting on mine to arrive--made by a cousin.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Maureen, I was talking to my daughter about your night sweats. She asked if you have memory foam in your mattress? She does and that was what caused it for her. She now has a heavy cotton mattress cover that allows her skin to "breath". As silly as this will sound when I was pregnant and had no AC I used to put a hot water bottle in the refrigerator and then under my feet to sleep at night.. Necessity is the mother of invention and all that. It's hard to cope properly when one can't sleep. I hope you find some relief somehow.