Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Morning all 2lb weight loss this week CW 202lbs goal for next week 200lbs or less.
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2019
    Today I have a small NSV that I would like to share! I fit into a pair of jeans that I bought a couple of months ago that I couldn't even pull all the way up let alone consider zipping. Today I thought I would see.. Up they went and they zipped fine too!! Small steps but it feels like a big thing! 🙂
  • ladymim71
    ladymim71 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I’m just starting MFP. Would like to join a group at my beginning. I have been 70+ lbs overweight for 20years now and it’s way past time to get serious about my health. SW 341 my first goal is to get below 300 lbs. Age 47 and my name is Kristi. I hope to encourage and to be encouraged. Please send me an invite. Thank you.
  • kathskelly53
    Struggling this weekend, haven’t managed my 10,000 steps and craving carbs ( my downfall) need to get my head round next weeks meals good luck folks
  • mrshadsall
    mrshadsall Posts: 30 Member
    I'm Paula, and I would love to join your group. I have lost 60 pounds and have right around 100 to go and I could use all the help I can get!
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Please add me!
  • pambrose13
    pambrose13 Posts: 5 Member
    I need all the support I can get and will support in return!!! My name is Pamela.
  • bhawks357
    bhawks357 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me! Josie, I am 60 yrs old and need to loose 100+
  • funkypamster
    funkypamster Posts: 17 Member
    I’d love to be added to the group. I’m Pamela, 41 from Scotland and have 100lbs+ to shift
  • kathskelly53
    Morning all have managed to lose 1lb this week, small amount but in the right direction off to the gym this morning. Hoping that will lift my mood., have a good day
  • kathskelly53
    Hi all 1lb down this week have decided I need some help so tomorrow I’m joining we have tried before and find the meetings a bit of a drag, but think I need a kick up the bum to get my head in the right frame of mind, so will get it a go for a few weeks and see what happens. Scales will tell
  • cmoreno73
    cmoreno73 Posts: 3 Member
    If you are a women over 40 trying to lose 70-100+ pounds and would like daily/weekly group support, please reply to this post and I will invite you to the group. If you're comfortable sharing your real first name also, that would be helpful. Whether you started in January or are starting today (...or next Monday) you are welcome to join us!

I began the group in January with 20 members - this quickly dwindled to now only 2-4 of us post every week. I'd like to grow the group so we can truly have daily connections.

We are all on a bumpy journey. I for one have barely lost 2 lbs. this year but another member just posted she's hit her April 1 goal already. One reason for the age limit is that we have more in common (maybe menopause!) and we've pretty much learned to give up on fad diets. We also all have a LOT of weight to take off. In my experience many women (oh, how I wish I could be one of them) are serial dieters who consistently gain & lose the same 20-40 pounds. I get discouraged when I see someone post their starting weight that is also MY goal weight! Again, I wish I could be that person, but I'm not.

We're a nice positive group!

Hello! I am 46. I lost 85 lbs last year and am trying to keep it off. I would love to share and hear from others.
  • swiftyl
    swiftyl Posts: 37 Member
    Hi All, UK based. Lost nearly 4 stone on here before, but put it all back on, so looking to shift it all again, get fitter, and improve health as want to be as healthy as possible in mid life. Currently hanging on by fingernails to 44 :) and would like to join. Jules
  • tokyotfrog1
    tokyotfrog1 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm interested if you are still accepting new members
  • stunme4now
    stunme4now Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am 44, 5' 7" and have been obese most of my life. Highest weight was almost 400 lb. Two years ago, I decided to change my life. I lost 80 lb with a private personal trainer. I even took up rowing. I was down to 271 lb. The last year has been a struggle with different life events and despite still training three times a week, I gained back 20 lb. Now I'm back on MFP and trying to regain control of my eating. I need some positive support! Please add me. Thank you.
  • WendyPB2
    WendyPB2 Posts: 3 Member
    I would live to be part of the group, add me
  • KillerFrostie
    KillerFrostie Posts: 18 Member
    Hi - I'm interested in this group. I'm turning 42 this week and I need to lose at least 70 pounds, but preferably 85. At this point I just want to go week by week because 70 pounds sounds so daunting!
    I am new to MFP but love it already and plan on posting regularly.
    Thanks!
  • Dandylines
    Dandylines Posts: 18 Member
    Definitely over 40 but have "only" 40 to go.
  • georgiemoody
    georgiemoody Posts: 1 Member
    I'm interested if you're still adding. I'm georgie, 52 and looking to give away about 100 lbs. :)
  • honeyplum
    honeyplum Posts: 4 Member
    Hello my name is Nina, if you are still adding to your group I'm interested.