Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    I would love to join! My name is Robin, I’m 61 and need to lose 100 pounds.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Well didn’t manage to stay chocolate free I didn’t lose any weight this week but today is the start of another week, wish me luck

Good luck!
    I succumbed to chocolate and snacks too. Tomorrow is another day and I'll wat better tomorrow.
  • melikim1979
    melikim1979 Posts: 8 Member
    I'd love to join. My name is Melissa and my end goal is to lose approx 160 lbs
  • melikim1979
    melikim1979 Posts: 8 Member
    If you are a women over 40 trying to lose 70-100+ pounds and would like daily/weekly group support, please reply to this post and I will invite you to the group. If you're comfortable sharing your real first name also, that would be helpful. Whether you started in January or are starting today (...or next Monday) you are welcome to join us!

I began the group in January with 20 members - this quickly dwindled to now only 2-4 of us post every week. I'd like to grow the group so we can truly have daily connections.

We are all on a bumpy journey. I for one have barely lost 2 lbs. this year but another member just posted she's hit her April 1 goal already. One reason for the age limit is that we have more in common (maybe menopause!) and we've pretty much learned to give up on fad diets. We also all have a LOT of weight to take off. In my experience many women (oh, how I wish I could be one of them) are serial dieters who consistently gain & lose the same 20-40 pounds. I get discouraged when I see someone post their starting weight that is also MY goal weight! Again, I wish I could be that person, but I'm not.

We're a nice positive group!

I would love to join. My name is Melissa and I have approx 160 lbs to lose to get to my GW of 160. Please add me :smile:
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Bit off track today but I’m working on it. Back on it. Goal for this month get under 200
  • Jelliqal
    Jelliqal Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sounds like your group is growing. Room for another?

Been struggling to lose weight since the birth of my son ( now a college Jr).
    Have 160 to loose total - now 145. Started this push in January. I am a 52 fem with mobility issues but have too much to do to accept this fate.

Doing Keto flex 12/3 with support from a baratric dr and a functional medicine dr. Also quiet a few food intolerance issues - gluten, nightshades, fresh shrimp, mango, and possibly eggs. Also I am now 6 weeks off Diet Soda !!!

Also am off almost all my prescribed medicines as many either slowed metabolism, cause weight gain, or caused inflammation - feel much better from getting of the Medicines " to help me". ( hint look esp at cardiac meds, statins, and steroids -- check w dr first)

Nice to meet y'all

Jelliqal from Metro Atlanta

( derived from Jellicle Cats)
  • bgbd
    bgbd Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! Do you have room for a late to the party straggler? I’m Brandy, 43, CW 251, GW 136. Id looooove to have some friends along for this crazy weight loss ride. :-)
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2019
    Doesn't look like the OP has been around for awhile? I'd be interested in a group like this if anyone else knows how to start a group!
  • Uttini21
    Uttini21 Posts: 2 Member
    Let's do this. Was an athlete back in day, but after 1000 injuries, law school, life and getting sick, I have about 80lbs to lose
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Hi. My name is Pam and I would like to join your group. I am 60 and I would like to lose 70 pounds, maybe a bit more after that. I have lost 15 pounds so far. I am looking for mutual support and encouragement.
  • campnqueen
    campnqueen Posts: 7 Member
    I would like to join.
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    I'd like to join. :)
  • myrockstar2740
    myrockstar2740 Posts: 41 Member
    I'd like to join. Age:51, with a good 70 to lose.
  • delilah7767
    delilah7767 Posts: 2 Member
    I would like to join..need to lose about 80lbs and I'm 42 years
  • Khadijah_R_Jacobs
    Khadijah_R_Jacobs Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there, this is right up my alley
    Over 40 and needing to lose 75.3lbs
    I would love to join Thank you
  • kellydee19
    kellydee19 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm interested!
  • Tracydhc
    Tracydhc Posts: 10 Member
    I am 40 and need to lose about 90 lbs. I would love to join.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Been here quite a while, but always looking for more support and willing to give it too!

Not sure how the whole group thing works (never been a part of one) but would love to join
  • BethyAnny
    BethyAnny Posts: 11 Member
    I would like to join too. I had WLS about 3 yrs. ago, and lost 75 lbs., but I've gotten lazy and am stuck. I need to lose 100 pound more, and I'm pushing myself to work HARD at it this summer while I'm off work (I work at a school).
  • schajnmaggs
    schajnmaggs Posts: 1 Member
    My name is Maggie! I would love to join