Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• tishcourt54
    tishcourt54 Posts: 13 Member
    Please add me!
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Well that’s April out of the way, didn’t do to well but I’m sticking to it, my May starts on Friday, (I’m on holiday in Paris ) goals for May stick to plan check my portion size exercise more would like to lose 7lb at least
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    I’m interested
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Please add me. I'm here for the long haul!
    Susan :)
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Please add me too !
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Yes, please add me! I"m 41, pushing 230lbs, and want to get to 150 :)
  • FixItImp
    FixItImp Posts: 8 Member
    Hi. My real name is Amy, also "Mooooooom", but you can only use that if you are screaming and/or looking at something that is right in front of your face. I'm mid 40s, I could get specific but that would involve math and my fingers are busy typing. I've been struggling/failing/struggling for a long time now but I haven't given up. I've changed doctors, I'm sure they all think I'm batty (they're probably right), and finally have one who's open to consideration of bariatric surgery, in fact she was ready to whip out a consult to the clinic for that very thing. I asked her to delay because I would like to try one final time before I go there. I'm in the medical field and I've seen it go horribly, horribly wrong. No amount of knowing people who've had success can make that an easy visual to overcome, but I'm almost there. I have over 100 pounds to lose and have drawn a line in the sand. I want to lose 50 pounds in a year, that's 1 pound a week and supposedly very achievable and there is a first time for everything. This go round I'm marking my start day as April 1,2019 and I'm 10 pounds down. Tomorrow I start Belviq. If desperation is not too off putting, please let's fight this together.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    FixItImp wrote: »
    Hi. My real name is Amy, also "Mooooooom", but you can only use that if you are screaming and/or looking at something that is right in front of your face. I'm mid 40s, I could get specific but that would involve math and my fingers are busy typing. I've been struggling/failing/struggling for a long time now but I haven't given up. I've changed doctors, I'm sure they all think I'm batty (they're probably right), and finally have one who's open to consideration of bariatric surgery, in fact she was ready to whip out a consult to the clinic for that very thing. I asked her to delay because I would like to try one final time before I go there. I'm in the medical field and I've seen it go horribly, horribly wrong. No amount of knowing people who've had success can make that an easy visual to overcome, but I'm almost there. I have over 100 pounds to lose and have drawn a line in the sand. I want to lose 50 pounds in a year, that's 1 pound a week and supposedly very achievable and there is a first time for everything. This go round I'm marking my start day as April 1,2019 and I'm 10 pounds down. Tomorrow I start Belviq. If desperation is not too off putting, please let's fight this together.

Well done on the 10lb loss ! LMAO at this "you can only use that if you are screaming and/or looking at something that is right in front of your face".
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    I tried joining when I had 100lbs to lose,but never got a response. I’ve lost over 50lbs now and have 40-50lbs left to lose. Maybe I can be added still?
  • gintyheadrick
    gintyheadrick Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I would like to be added to the group started today logging in food for the day, but started two weeks ago on slimming world need to lose about 12 kgs. Have lost 2 in past two weeks ,
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2019
    Question- How often do you weigh yourself? I am trying really hard not to step on my scale daily because I know weight can fluctuate. So trying to stick to every few days or once a week. Just wondering if I am the only was that struggles with this??
  • alayaphelps
    alayaphelps Posts: 5 Member
    Started last week and first weigh in-5lbs yay all. Hope you all had a good week too
  • kathskelly53
    Getting back into it after my holiday, took the dog for a walk poor things fast asleep now, but I got my 10,000 steps in, keep going everyone
  • kathskelly53
    Candyn617 wrote: »
    Question- How often do you weigh yourself? I am trying really hard not to step on my scale daily because I know weight can fluctuate. So trying to stick to every few days or once a week. Just wondering if I am the only was that struggles with this??

I’m trying not to stand on the scales more than once a week, do manage to have a cheeky check now and again but only count the Wednesday weight.
  • kathskelly53
    Not a happy bunny went for walk cross country this morning and managed to lose my Fitbit. It’s my alarm for getting out of bed, picking up granddaughter as well as step counter feeling lost.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Hi I am interested but how does it work? I have lost 40lbs but would like to lose 80-100 lbs more. I'm 55 yrs old
  • kimmcdaniel8558
    kimmcdaniel8558 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m interested
  • amandathebaird
    amandathebaird Posts: 5 Member
    I'm interested, I'm 40, sw 272, cw?, gw 200

I know my goal should be 150 or 180 or something, but I weighed 220 when I graduated high school so getting down to a size 16 or 200lbs would be huge for me!
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Please add me! I need/want accountability so bad! I just started my weight loss journey after having my 5th baby almost a month ago. I’m 41, 5’7”, and have over 100 lbs to lose.

SW: 270.4
    CW: 269.4
    GW: 160
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    I am also interested. I am 44 and shooting to lose 75 pounds.