What’s your Food weakness?

Options

Replies

• annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Crunchy, salty snacks...chips, nuts, anything...I’ve come to depend on Aldi’s half sour pickles to get me through. Crunchy, salty, and low cal. 👍🏻
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Starting to think we all got common weaknesses. So far everything anyone’s listed I have over eaten many many times before also. I’m working on my portion sizes to calories I was 175lbs a few days ago now today I weighed in at 171.6! So loosing the weight (lol the misspell of losing is for those who cringe lol) .
    My brunch today BBQ wings only 2 - 190 calories,1/3rd can corn (with lime juice,1/8 avocado, a whole tomato then divided into 1/3rds),1/3rd can pork y beans (been craving them don’t know why),y 1/2 of a cucumber in slices. 4oz tea with a big jug of water...no it’s not Bai’ fancy water it’s tap same bottle I’ve been reusing after a good bottle brush cleaning all month long. 1 liter bottle so I get my daily water in for sure.

I eat Brunch - 10am
    Dinner - 4pm
    Tea time with the rest of my Calories left - between 5:30-8pm not always in one sitting.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Salty snacks (Cheetos, Gardettos, Combos, etc.), jelly beans, and fancy beers
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Went up 2-3lbs since yesterday.Didnt feel good so lack of excersice y well this forgetful old woman forgot to add something she ate oh noooo so at the end of the day was wrong about my calories had a banana y cereal went over.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Carbs in general. This last weekend I was away from my veggies and man did I overdo it! I had all my meals in restaurants and made decent choices, but they were still made with more oil/butter than I would use and I felt awful after meals. We also had things like pita chips around and I ate more than my fair share. Oh well, back to my routine!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    God to Doctors say Everything in Moderation. Easier said than done it takes lots of work building will power skills that don’t pop up over night. Dieticians are wonderful to a gym guru but that costs money so cheaper route YouTube,research, apps,y learning about yourself. If your truthful don’t sugar coat like an instagram model lol that helps you get a real mindset of where you really are.
    PS never stick the hose on your wife’s rose bushes just buy a stand staked into the ground- makes the day go smoothly lol
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Homemade brownies
    Potato chips
    Warm bread, especially with butter or garlic
    Cheesy stuff like pizza and pasta
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    495w35swyqxk.jpeg
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »
    Ice cream. Real, full fat ice cream.

Mayfield Moose Tracks...
  • marezac6815
    marezac6815 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ice cream, chips,sweets,
  • QueenBee0205
    QueenBee0205 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fried anything with ranch. Ugh it's so hard to give up
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Ranch overly loved me too hun. Was used to it in baked potatoes to steak lol. Dipped veggies to salads.Then read the portion size plus calories had a heart attack. I litterely was pouring the bottle out all Willy nilly without being aware. Litterely my healthy salad low calories then I dumped 1/4a bottle on top...then I read all these decades later it says 2Tbl 140calories 🙈🙉🙊 39 servings per bottle/ // oh goodness I gasped who knows how much I poured exactly but probably 10 servings each item lol. 1400 calories on top of a loaded baked potato 🥔 or potatoe chips which I also didn’t realize the portion size was soooo small,salads with gobs if cheese 🧀, oh goodness even my healthy celery disappeared on that bath of dressing lol. 🥒🥦🥬🥚🥔🧀🌯🍕 Everything you can think of even pizza. I had to cut back but allow myself 8Tblspoon then next week taper down to 4 then 2 now I can do 1-2 most things I no longer dip.So hard when it’s apart of your childhood diets! Fried food oh goodness glad I never started I here that’s a hard one to kick I’ll pray for you up a storm. Your not used to plain fish to chicken 🍗 it’s hard to go to plain old chicken breast or fish. Maybe look into olive oil calories need less to cook instead of drenching a pan add a tiny bit with some water,or light olive oil,or another alternative to what your used to using. Try to alter the recipes up a storm .Luckily with the Internet you can search for recipes on the toilet 🚽 even. Work your way down or to healthier recipe versions. I got an air fryer it helps too. My issue is I grew up eating British,Hispanic/Native American/American dishes not the healthy ones but they tasted great! I just learned my favorites like lamb ooooh Chef Ramsey Chef Ramsey oooh goodness to eat like him still be lean lol is more calories than I imagined !
    Salty cravings oh did salt to pieces my whole life guys I had no healthy habits with it. Giving it ups hard finding even pepper has some calories.Nothings zero but it’s healthier.Trying not to become a pepper addict end up with the same calories as eating a bag of salt lol. 🧂
    Cutting back on seasonings taking them serving sizes seriously 😳 but damn their small! Feel like I went from a banquet at meal time church potluck lol 🥘 to a fancy $300 a plate dining restaurant with Barbie portions on my favs lol.Sure is a lot of plain Lettuce 🥬 on this plate MrRabbit. 🐰 🐇
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »
    Salty snacks (Cheetos, Gardettos, Combos, etc.), jelly beans, and fancy beers

^This. QFT.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream, specifically Ben and Jerry's. If there's fudge around to pour on, that goes too.
  • jemarsh32
    jemarsh32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, cookies, and soda.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Here’s a Dieticians food chart I found watched today to pass the time get good information we all need in every country to even help set up kids meals for the family https://youtu.be/UJq1p5gx_Uk
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://youtu.be/1A_PF3gux1g
    https://youtu.be/g_A9jqtpSto

If you can stand this gym rat long enough he has some snacks that are low calories... just do what I do skip listen skip listen lol. 1st part he showing off skip to the hello jello 5gran of sugar ones to healthiest yogurt pops that look like ice cream 5cal sugar sea salt Carmel flavored. He has a sweet Tooth found healthier ones so woohoo 🙌. Take a look might be nice to have in case you break like me easily your grabbing 5cal sugar with lots of fiber but get your yummy rush! Yes I’m making a shopping list lol
    https://youtu.be/jR2EXWsJrIA
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sweets in general but mostly chocolate and ice cream. It has been easier lately with the lower-calorie ice creams that are available (i.e. Halo top). But every time I go to a movie, I can not resist getting chocolate to munch on.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tea and biscuits, bread (honey and sunflower seed loaf lightly toasted with butter mmmmm), bacon/sausage butties, chocolate and one of my favourite hobbies is baking so there’s always red velvet cakes, choc chip cookies, Viennese fingers, etc