What’s your Food weakness?

Options

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Bread (sour dough, seedy, crusty, with olives, nuts, whatever) with about half an inch thick butter on top. Grapes (can't leave those alone if they are there), home made fruit cake/Christmas cake.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I am Weak vs chocolate and biscuits.

Chocolate biscuits? Don't Even Go There. I can eat an entire continental biscuit selection in one sitting.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/FqSDawvUJ2w

Once again skip him kissing himself in the meal get to the good stuff lol.We know he’s in love with himself ready to propose sooo skip button ⏭ to the good parts. He does have some good tips y tricks that might help 1 of us hopefully me too. Still unsure what macros are but learning more as I go.

https://youtu.be/9SfQM_MDTGI

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://youtu.be/PLItki5YHy8

For those who mentioned their trying that Keto trend
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://youtu.be/pQaRi-Jh-jo found this one for Women hope it helps anyone.

I’m having trouble posting when I go back to edit I hit the report button.Swear tgey don’t need those so close together for us older folks!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Found this lemon juice starting to incorporate it for flavor on my fish to well today splashed it on my tuna in my water downed tea lol. Still can’t shake my tea habit

Read somewhere to clean your pantry / cabinets take a look of course discover that old bag of something 2yrs past it’s prime (lol probably rice cakes you tried once)
    1. toss out old items that are well way way past the dates.
    2. Put it all in groups on your table/counters to see what you got so cookie pile here,pasta pile there,etc even a tea pile lol for me.(This supposed to show you weakness you didn’t know you had or realized you over but never eat will save money by avoiding lol)
    3. Wipe them pantry/cabinet shelves down y sweep 🧹 mop
    4. Read serving size with its calories to get a mind set of what they are how much you can have if you grab it.
    5. If you see bugs or mice droppings get your traps set to spray your pesticides call in a professional if needed.
    6. Put back in the pantry in those groups to make it easier to see what’s in there when meal preparation time. I got a nice basket at a dollar tree 🌲 $1 each put my spices/seasonings in 2 of them. I placed everything in groups how I like them so no ones going to look alike.
    7. Next shopping trip you save money by not buying what you have too much of/or buy more you won’t eat plus if it’s something you like but didn’t know you had can incorporate the healthier option you missed in there like a can of tuna into a meal plan before it’s date poofs.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Also considered using cooking sprays occasionally.Rest if the time olive oil y margarine
    maybe you don’t like Keto to information about how you can prep a meal for easier after work meals but somebody else might. Plus it doesn’t fully poof I still got them on my view so I can find them for myself so Thankyou For reporting every single word I post- multiple times this is only to the one with their knickers in a knot.Only reason I upload the video instead of typing information for an hour Is I got a 2yr old/I’m old /y well if you want to type it do so for me.
    Having the whole post removed.So read up before it’s gone.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Also considered using cooking sprays occasionally.Rest if the time olive oil y margarine
    maybe you don’t like Keto to information about how you can prep a meal for easier after work meals but somebody else might. Plus it doesn’t fully poof I still got them on my view so I can find them for myself so Thankyou For reporting every single word I post- multiple times this is only to the one with their knickers in a knot.Only reason I upload the video instead of typing information for an hour Is I got a 2yr old/I’m old /y well if you want to type it do so for me.
    Having the whole post removed.So read up before it’s gone.

It didn't get reported, a post needs five Spam or Abuse flags to be reported.

It was flagged inappropriately as Spam, which means that you won't get in trouble, but the person flagging the post can.

More information about flagging content can be found here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

If something is inappropriately flagged as Spam or Abuse, you can report the post and indicate that it was flagged inappropriately.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Well they were all looked at reviewed only 3 on meal preparation how to’s got taken away lol.Then they were all re-reported so thinking the person is Hangry.That’s okay if you take away my tea 100% I can get pretty Hangry teal fast lol. Plus sure it might be a personality clash.Their probably not used to an old bat like me 🦇 lol.Probably read everything I say as mean but if we met in person they’d be shocked.Ive been told I sound like a loud Giggly Minnie Mouse 🐭 . Figure poor workers reviewing don’t got time for such nonsense so told them just take it down. I don’t hold grudges my Mother raised me well she had illness similar to Autism (Lack of oxygen at birth they suspect she survived water in the brain) she didn’t go a day in her life without a smile that’s my goal to always have her glowing childlike attitude. .Can learn a lot from folks like her. You couldn’t make her mad even if you tried she didn’t have the capability to understand meanness that’s a beautiful rainbow of a blessing.
    Figure we had fun with this one can always start another.
    Plus the one video they said fine showed me a wonderful desert 5calories sugar free snack pack jello to grab during a sugar craving y 80cal ice cream hoping my store carries it for a need a treat days. Just tap into the old YouTube on meal preparation for diet calories see what you guys get. Check out low calorie snacks on it.Im always going to crave teas to sugary foods finding replacement that don’t deprive me’s my goal.Plus got a 2yr old love for a healthy choice for him to grab to learn early...as soon as he’s past the will only eat 8 items on the whole planet phase lol. Went down in weight from 195 to 171.4 so learning more is a good thing.Going to research that macros thingy next. Just remember guys if you don’t like a certain food everyone even your doctor pushes rice cakes lol claim they all taste good.Well use your own knowledge find what works for you...probably won’t be rice cakes .
  • rszmutko
    rszmutko Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bacon!! I used to have a full pack each day, Saturday and Sunday. I have self control now, every few weeks I treat myself to a bacon weekend, one package has to last the two days.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Going to get weak over a big plate of spaghetti with meat sauce tonight. Being able to walk away from the table after one of my wife's Italian dinners is considered a massive victory in my book. :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Way to go guys 👍 will get there soon enough.I actually planned me Brunch/Dinner out before hand for the 1st time sticking to it. Actually got a bunch of calories left for something with the family tonight.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Homemade brownies
    Potato chips
    Warm bread, especially with butter or garlic
    Cheesy stuff like pizza and pasta

Warm bread... This is why I gave up my bread maker. Fresh, warm bread, I could eat half a loaf in a sitting.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Using my rice maker less for the same reasons I tend to eat a bowl as big as well okay bigger than the plate. I tend to pile it upward when I run out of room. Lol 1 microwave rice pack saw the meal prep guy use 1/2 & 1/2 that..I’d end up eating 2 bags by myself.
    I’m trying to lose weight all over except the belly it’s permanent from a emergency Csection y placental abruption so just learning to love it as a trophy 🏆 for my tall son being alive y healthy. Lost 2 pregnancies/ 2 successful ones. So even tho you ask how many kids do you got 2...my body has been through 4 pregnancies. Not going for any dangerous tummy tuck surgeries I don’t want surgeons near me ever again if possible.
    Pushing away a plates a big deal way 2 go every time you do. I have swapped my spaghetti for zucchini noodles I make myself so I can over eat them it’s still less than regular pasta . I’m trying to discover recipes for all favs that are less calories see how to swap ingredients out. Of course every choice has a down side I’m sure so might as well get the ones with the least that’s affordable. Not going to buy a cow butcher it myself just know I got the leanest cuts.I’ll just trust the butcher/ rolls of meat 🥩 the supermarket carries.Good enough I’m not picky...unless it’s rice cakes, most to all diet shakes, artichokes, most plums, wasabi paste, fried donuts, pears, Granny Smith apples,well okay I’m picky cause this list could go on another 3pages lol
    I made the switch to unsweetened almond milk y sweetened when I need it to be sweeter. A lot of milk alternatives to leaner ones . Way to go Wisdom.

Yes the blood pressure machines in the foto is high that’s why I exploded kaboom*
  • wisdomsead1974
    wisdomsead1974 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lately, it's been milk, strawberry in particular. I actually went down to skim milk because I noticed I was drinking a gallon of 1% in a day and a half all by myself...and of course I added the strawberry hershey's syrup with each glass.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My Dinner tuna salad 🥗
    - 2 cup mixed lettuce 🥬 19 calories
    - 1 boiled egg 🥚 90 calories
    - 1/2 cucumber 🥒 8 calories
    - A sprinkle of shredded cheese 🧀 1 Tbls 37calories (type of cheese changes number)
    - Canned tuna 1 serving 💯 calories
    - 1 serving 1 tbl Mayo ,dash pepper,boiled egg (made enough for the whole family with tuna in it so had a tuna sandwich 🥪 in toasted wheat bread for brunch. (Type Of Mayo I like low fat olive oil changes the calories, Dash pepper 6 calories,y boiled egg 90 calories I added 2 to 5 cans of tuna in a big Tupperware for the whole family then measure out a serving for myself)
    - Got Some Calories left over for a treat
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Going to give those ice creams Enlightend 4 servings per container 80-90 calories per serving y the sugar free 5cal snack pack jello a try. Why not I say. Will see if they taste great or not.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Chilly Cow ice cream bars 5 in a box are 100calories each flavors like brownies. Going to try those too.
    Had 🍣 sushi 5 tiny ones on a plate with zucchini noodles I homemade so low calories. Left me open for a higher calorie Dinner item so burrito 🌯
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Chilly Cow ice cream bars 5 in a box are 100calories each flavors like brownies. Going to try those too.
    Had 🍣 sushi 5 tiny ones on a plate with zucchini noodles I homemade so low calories. Left me open for a higher calorie Dinner item so burrito 🌯

Err, OK?

So what's your food weakness?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lol Tea mainly had a foto but think it got removed tho I listed mine but was reported so guess they thought the Tea hoard was a informercial.
    It was a foot of my over 500+ tea bags in boxes y containers y 4 jugs of tea. I’m a sugar addict !
    Burrito not being an Addict my last names Hispanic one...that’s called normal daily
    food. Tea well my British y Cuban relatives got me hooked ! Sushi well I grew up eating it with my Filipino to Chinese relatives with rice balls 🍙 y fish 🐠. I discovered more sugary foods from donuts 🍩 to American junk food after I moved away from home at 16 (Different decade don’t do that now of days).
    Trying to find ways to cut back on Tea y healthier options to have in case I gotta have a treat my will powers breaking (Perimenopause isn’t helping cravings any)
    Here’s a foto of the original post but without the pictures