I couldn’t help myself 🙁

Replies

• flintflash1
    flintflash1 Posts: 1,066 Member
    DUDE! LOVE THE POST!! HAHAHAHAHA! I said the same thing about my daughter's Easter Basket and the "missing" jelly beans...LOL. I also get a kick out of how a "Tongue-in-Cheek", lighthearted post can set some folks off. Lighten up people!! We are ALL here to get serious about our health, eating habits, and exercise. But we CAN'T lose our sense of humor. OMG, if we can't chuckle about ourselves and each other, then what's the point! It doesn't matter how healthy you are if you are going to live "Serious" and miserable. Keep it up, Bro!! I had a GOOD CHUCKLE and it put a smile on my face thinking about my daughter looking for jelly beans at the bottom of the Easter Basket...LOL!! :)
  • Dorchi22
    Dorchi22 Posts: 57 Member
    We all have these days. I didn't eat sugar for 30 days straight, and today my blood sugar was so low that I needed to get a banana and chocolate Corny, which, amazingly, fit very nice within my calorie range. Keep running and take a cold shower later. It'll cool you off from attacking the fridge ;)
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Jogged 40 minutes burnt 400 calories only to open the fridge and see my sisters left a Cadbury caramel chocolate on the top shelf ....it was tastey🤫🤭

You probably burned twice the calories jogging. Besides, everyone needs a treat now and then. Tomorrow's a new day.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    There's a MINT Magnum??? <driving to the store now to look for one>
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    The most important question, were the calories in that chocolate worth it?
    Well the 40 minute jog paid off

Unlikely you burned 400 cals above NEAT in a 40 minute "jog".

????

40 mins should be more than 5K and easily in the 400 cal range.

Anyway, this thread amused me today.

My thoughts exactly. I regularly burn over 300 calories on my 30 minute jogs. :o
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    There's a MINT Magnum??? <driving to the store now to look for one>

There sure is. They also do a Vegan one but it costs more and there is only 3 in a box not 4. Vegans are getting ripped off.

vgivb4k5saqg.png

• layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2019

And we all know that exercise calories taste better!

And stolen/borrowed chocolate tastes better.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Wow people got serious about that chocolate, didn't they?
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    I find this thread amusing. In my house, food is sharing food unless it's *my* food, in which case I pig it all. My hubs is a straight up saint because he doesn't mind when I pinch his food, generally in a fit of PMSing.

On the other hand, he is the one who opens a box of biscuits/crackers etc, eats one or two, then leaves the entire rest of the box to go stale. I normally end up eating them myself and a week or a fortnight later he'll ask where they went like he expects them to still be okay. No concept of storage times.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Not only a Cadburys Caramel, but a cold one - only the lactose intolerant could resist ! CICO, thats why we earn'em ! How you spend them is your call :)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Wow people got serious about that chocolate, didn't they?

Well, chocolate is a gift of the gods is very serious business.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    It's interesting to see how different family dynamics are on an issue like this one.

That's true. I also wondered if culture made a difference too.

I'm Filipina dating an Aussie man. Once I remember my boyfriend complaining to me about how one of his family members ate his yogurt. I didn't understand why he was so mad or why it seemed to be such a big deal to him. I was genuinely confused. I said it's just yogurt, just let them have it and buy another one. Then later he showed me that each one of them had their own food in the fridge, and you were not supposed to touch any of them unless you bought them or they're actually yours.

That struck me as odd. I've literally never heard of anything like that in my life before (referring to the items in the fridge as "Charlene's food, Jason's food, mom's food, dad's food"). In our house, we tend to share everything especially food. And especially food. If I buy takeout or bring any kind of food home, I will make sure there's enough to go around for everyone (or at least don't just buy for myself!) and it's expected that I may have to share. Not sharing is considered rude and selfish, and even weird and unnatural. Unless you specifically let everyone know not to touch your food, it's generally accepted to help yourself especially if it's in the common fridge.

I've been following this thread for a while, and I was honestly surprised by the first two comments. I said I never thought white people could be so stingy with their food. Lol no, I'm just kidding! 😂 There's no judgment. I only understand better that family dynamics (which is more or less influenced by culture too) can be different for all of us.

Also, I've eaten my sister's chocolate bars many times before. She just bought more for both of us next time.

Wow that really is interesting. Growing up for me, everyone had their own food. (I had my own cabinet) You were NOT allowed to touch anyone else's food. So I would be appalled if someone ate my food without asking me for permission. But it is so interesting to see how not everyone's family dynamics are the same.
  • DKLI
    DKLI Posts: 63 Member
    When I was younger and still living at home, I went to the fridge to get the cookie dough I purchased to make cookies. It was 3/4 gone and the plastic was hanging open with what was left of the dough quickly drying out. My brother had eaten it. Needless to say I lost it. :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Lol you’re only preparing your sister, from what her future spouse will do.

😂😂😂 just replace it, with two bars 😉

One for her, and one for her to share with you, cause she’s sweet like that.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    DKLI wrote: »
    When I was younger and still living at home, I went to the fridge to get the cookie dough I purchased to make cookies. It was 3/4 gone and the plastic was hanging open with what was left of the dough quickly drying out. My brother had eaten it. Needless to say I lost it. :)

See, that last detail is what would make me flip out. Not just that someone had the audacity to eat my food but didn't even have the decency to try and hide it. Just leaving it wide open, blatantly lying there on the shelf, ravaged, half-eaten, a shell of its former self? This means war.
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member

Unlikely you burned 400 cals above NEAT in a 40 minute "jog".

????

40 mins should be more than 5K and easily in the 400 cal range.

Anyway, this thread amused me today.

My thoughts exactly. I regularly burn over 300 calories on my 30 minute jogs. :o

I think I'm beginning to understand why so many people have to only eat back half their exercise calories if they want to lose weight. I was always able to eat 100% of my exercise calories back, but I didn't think I was burning at 600 cals an hour above NEAT at a pace I would describe as a jog. Or maybe every body else's jogs are a lot more intense than mine.

I regularly eat back most if not all of my exercise calories! Jogging for me is a very intense exercise. I wouldn't know how to explain why, because I don't know the science behind it, but I might guess that part of it is I spent most of my life actively avoiding anything other than walking. My heart rate is regularly at peak when I'm jogging. It's gotten better the longer I've done it (about two years now), but it still remains very intense cardio for me, which is why I only do it about twice a week. In contrast, power walking for half an hour burns about 100 calories. Funny enough, my powering walking pace is faster than my jogging pace, lol.