A year on maintenance

2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Look at your shoulders! Holy crap there’s hope for all of us!

LOL, <3 !
  • jzcolombiana84
    jzcolombiana84 Posts: 22 Member
    Amazing!
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Amazing!

Thank you 😊
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    You look great. Thanks for sharing :)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congratulations, keep marching forward in your lifetime journey chasing peak fitness, health and wellness. Thanks for sharing.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    inspiring change.. yes it is very noticeable and drastic. I'm going to start lifting tonight!!!! curious if you can eat more now that you have more muscle mass?
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    I’ve been lifting weights for around a year whilst maintaining. I know I still have a long way to go. I want to start losing some fat now, but wanted to show my progress as I feel that Lifting has really changed my overall shape & even though it’s not such a drastic change I now know how much I’m capable once I get my head into losing some fat and lifting.
    I just started the maintenance part of this app. It gave me an extra 500 calories, to 2600, because of my active lifestyle. Is that what you experienced?
  • spraytanninghelens

inspiring change.. yes it is very noticeable and drastic. I'm going to start lifting tonight!!!! curious if you can eat more now that you have more muscle mass?

Thank you ☺️ Before I started lifting I was eating around 1200 a day and lots of runningbut then I would overeat at weekends. I just wasn’t eating enough and didn’t have my diet on point.

I now eat around 1500 calories a day and I mainly lift. I try to do some HIIT and a run now and then but I am mainly focused on lifting as I enjoy it and really find the difference in my physique.
    1500 seems to be my maintenance weight.

Hope that helps 👍 enjoy your lifting
  • spraytanninghelens
    pjwrt wrote: »
    I’ve been lifting weights for around a year whilst maintaining. I know I still have a long way to go. I want to start losing some fat now, but wanted to show my progress as I feel that Lifting has really changed my overall shape & even though it’s not such a drastic change I now know how much I’m capable once I get my head into losing some fat and lifting.
    I just started the maintenance part of this app. It gave me an extra 500 calories, to 2600, because of my active lifestyle. Is that what you experienced?

I just worked out my macros and with a few tweaks and just weighing in on the scale, 1500 for me is where I can maintain.

I’m still learning myself, but I have just recently really been trying to eat more clean and I’m looking forward to see what happens from there.