What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• gracegettingittogether
    gracegettingittogether Posts: 176 Member
    My BMI is in the “overweight” category instead of “obese” Feels really good to not be considered clinically obese.

I can’t wait for that for myself! Congratulations!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    We had our A1C tests done yesterday. Today I had a follow up appointment with my doctor. Hubby's is tomorrow.

For those who are not familiar with A1C, if you're above 5.7, you're in danger. Above 6.5 means you're full-blown diabetic. I've been as high as at least 11, maybe 12, but I'm working on it very hard. Last time, it was 8.6. Doctor had set a goal for me of below 7.5.

So, she hadn't yet seen the results of yesterday's A1C, but the lab had e-mailed it to me, so I knew already. Doctor came into the exam room, sat down at the computer monitor, called up the results of the test....

She actually yelled for joy.

Oh, and she officially took "morbidly obese" off my medical chart.

Hubby's was 6.0. Even better than mine. He's only in the "prediabetic" range now. Can't wait to see HIS doctor's reaction tomorrow.

So proud of you! Way to go!
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    We had our A1C tests done yesterday. Today I had a follow up appointment with my doctor. Hubby's is tomorrow.

For those who are not familiar with A1C, if you're above 5.7, you're in danger. Above 6.5 means you're full-blown diabetic. I've been as high as at least 11, maybe 12, but I'm working on it very hard. Last time, it was 8.6. Doctor had set a goal for me of below 7.5.

So, she hadn't yet seen the results of yesterday's A1C, but the lab had e-mailed it to me, so I knew already. Doctor came into the exam room, sat down at the computer monitor, called up the results of the test....

She actually yelled for joy.

Oh, and she officially took "morbidly obese" off my medical chart.

Hubby's was 6.0. Even better than mine. He's only in the "prediabetic" range now. Can't wait to see HIS doctor's reaction tomorrow.

That an incredible achievement. You should be so proud of yourself and the work you have done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!