I Haven't Eaten Anything Today

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
I feel like I'm dying. I'm shaking all over, I have no energy or strength. I feel nauseous.

People who fast/do OMAD on purpose... how do you survive? 0_o

I'm definitely not doing this on purpose, I just literally haven't been able to find time for breakfast and lunch. After tomorrow things will go back to normal more or less.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    People have different tolerances. Sounds like you're not a good candidate for OMAD or the more restrictive versions of IF. I don't practice either but have gone extended periods without food (up to 24 hours) without any ill effects.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I can't skip meals either anymore,I get super bad blood sugar crashes dizziness,nausea,etc
  • cynthobrien
    cynthobrien Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lol I’m probably gonna get blasted, but people usually have a hard time in the beginning of any IF schedule. Most folks start with 12:12 which is pretty easy if you don’t snack at night, (you sleep through 7-8hrs of it) and just delay breakfast. Then they move up and find they can move the eating time up and hour or two. It’s just a matter of finding out if you’re really hungry or not, most the time I’m not hungry and I’m just bored or pissed off or something. At this moment I’m on hour 24 of a planned 48 hr fast and I’m not even remotely hungry. But of course, this really isn’t for everyone, it’s just a choice I make for myself.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Oh no, poor you. I don't know how companies can get away with not allowing food breaks for their staff in this day and age.

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Do you work somewhere where you're not allowed to have any food at all with you even in a backpack or something?

I find that protein shakes and a sliced bread sandwich (cut in half) is pretty easy to eat while working. Takes about 3 minutes to eat half of a sandwich.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sorry, I should clarify. It's not that I'm not allowed breaks, today was just uniquely nuts and I realized later on all I'd had was a coffee my coworker brought me and the milk I had in the morning. I didn't even think about food until near the end of the day... when I finally relaxed enough to realize how *kitten* I felt.

As I sat there trembling and feeling like hell, I was just wondering how people who fast actually even survive. But I guess it makes sense that some people just aren't cut out for it.

I never snack, so I don't have any to bring. Tomorrow I know will be worse so I'll try to at least eat breakfast.

Find a bar or snack mix you like and keep some in your desk at work (or stashed in your purse). I like Clif Builder Bars. Tasty and can do for lunch in a pinch.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I bring protein bars and shakes to work and also some fruit. I'm never without food. Shrugs.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I understand how that can easily happen and I work from home. It used to happen to me pretty regularly when I was gaining weight because I would then eat too much trying to compensate for how crap I felt.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    It would be curious to know how your day ended in the eating department given your work starvation episode.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sorry, I should clarify. It's not that I'm not allowed breaks, today was just uniquely nuts and I realized later on all I'd had was a coffee my coworker brought me and the milk I had in the morning. I didn't even think about food until near the end of the day... when I finally relaxed enough to realize how *kitten* I felt.

As I sat there trembling and feeling like hell, I was just wondering how people who fast actually even survive. But I guess it makes sense that some people just aren't cut out for it.

I never snack, so I don't have any to bring. Tomorrow I know will be worse so I'll try to at least eat breakfast.

The food you bring doesn’t have to be marketed as a “snack food.” Bring leftovers. Dry cereal. A sandwich. Fruit. A protein shake. Anything that you like and that you’re able to eat.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Its not so much bringing the food in, in my job sometimes I dont get the time to nip to the loo. I have sat there before with food in my bag to eat but dont get time to eat it. Some of us have jobs where its just too busy and people want a piece of you all the time.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I work in a high-stress, face paced field and I've never heard of anyone not having time to eat at least a granola bar or an apple over the course of a day. Totally makes no sense. You have to prioritize, plain and simple. You can chew while typing out an email, can't you??

This. Thankfully I usually do have time for a quick break, but if not, I would simply shovel in a banana during work if I'd had to.
    I definitely wouldn't be able to do OMAD anyway! Need to eat at least every 3/4 hours max or I'll go dizzy.