Which peanut butter is better for you?

Options
I like my peanut butter on toast but I am unsure of which type is better for you; smooth or crunchy, I was told smooth...

It has been difficult for me to know what one is best, people keep telling me to go for crunchy and I had got mine from sainsburies in the past. It showed a colour for every nutrition on the products label and I always tried to not go for the one that had the most red alert on the symbol.

Can someone please help me know which is the healthiest option; crunchy or smooth?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    They are basically identical. The differences are so minimal that it is not worth choosing one vs the other based on them. Eat the one that you enjoy more.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    quiksylver296 i was curious on your chart so pulled out the brand i buy (in both crunchy and smooth) and those products list identical values. curious if it depends on the brand...

(I will admit online they didn't list folate or vitamine E values). and protein is likely rounded...will check actual bottles when i get home.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    quiksylver296 i was curious on your chart so pulled out the brand i buy (in both crunchy and smooth) and those products list identical values. curious if it depends on the brand...

(I will admit online they didn't list folate or vitamine E values). and protein is likely rounded...will check actual bottles when i get home.

In fairness, I just Googled for an image. I only eat smooth so I didn't have anything to compare to.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You will take my Kraft PB both smooth and creamy out of my cold dead hands! I don't care that it's over processed and whatnot I love it and just make it fit into my calories.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions, support and compliments on my question, I think I will go crunchy option for a while to see how it will go. :)

have a good day!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    You will take my Kraft PB both smooth and creamy out of my cold dead hands! I don't care that it's over processed and whatnot I love it and just make it fit into my calories.
    You are my soul sister <3:)

• forestfreek
    Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions, support and compliments on my question, I think I will go crunchy option for a while to see how it will go. :)

have a good day!

How will you know?

YES! Interesting question that requires an answer :p
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options

have a good day!

OP, see how what goes? There will be no perceptible difference in your health or weight loss between creamy and crunchy. Eat whichever one you prefer, or what's on sale/looks good when you go shopping. :)
  • forestfreek
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    JIF Creamy is better for you.

End of discussion.
    JIF over Kraft?
    Come on.
    Not even the beginning of the discussion on that one.

• forestfreek
    Options
    Try making PB cookies out of JIF vs. Kraft. HELL-o! No comparison.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I use "peanut only" pb's. it's a personal choice/preference strictly on taste preference. I'm not brand specific, as long as the ingredient is only roasted peanuts i'm good.

I prefer crunchy, in my house smooth jar was for the dog(s) and crunchy jar for the human (me)
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I only use extra extreme crunchy peanut butter... it's just peanuts. "This is radical!" [stolen from Jim Gaffigan and paraphrased]