What's the one thing you have refused to give up?

Options

Replies

• Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I try to eat good all day and if I have calories left then I have a soda or something. I try not to absolutely give anything up, but tell myself if I want it it has to wait untill the evening when I see what my calorie budget is. or, at least Itry (being a pig lately).
    But if I had to say, Coffe with the international creamers is one thing I would never cut out. and mountain dew. my blood is green I sware.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    peanut m&m's. i used to eat a couple of bags a week. but mind over matter, no i buy a large bag, and when i want some, i measure out a quarter of a cup of them, and mix them with almonds and craisins.
  • engrider18
    Options
    I can't give up my iced coffee. I make it myself so I know exactly what is going into it and track it everyday.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything!! this is a lifestyle change and Im not gonna give up things I love or I would be miserable. I only eat something "bad' if I have calories left for it and make sure to do so a few times each week.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    There are things I have infrequently now (garlic bread, wine, pizza) that I used to have a few times per week. So I have cut back.

I have actually managed to give up something I thought I would never ever want / be able to give up - smoking!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Agree with all thos wheo won't give up anything. I just exercise more to eat what I want...
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Reese cups are my weakness. Gotta have em!

In moderation of course. :smile:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't given anything up! I don't really plan to either. Saying I'm giving something up means that I am depriving myself of it, and that could lead to bigger temptations and frustrations and could lead me to indulge too much. Instead I approach things in a more healthy manner and if there is something I'm craving I'll have some of it, as long as I stay within my calories for the day.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Living. I still enjoy holidays and cake on birthdays, beer at the cottage and mini donuts at the fair. I've just learned to compensate with a higher activity level and reduce portion sizes. But I simply REFUSE to put my life on hold and give up making memories with my family and enjoying all that life has to offer.

Yep, me too.

The one thing I have never logged or given up is my tea (I'm not a coffee drinker) -- made so dark you can't see through it, and with a little raw sugar. So there.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Sodium / salt. I try to keep it down, but that is the best I can do.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.... i love it, always have always will!! :love:

I treat myself to small 95cal bars now. Cadbury Freddos or Kinda maxi bars (the're 130cals)

I haven't eaten a 'normal' sized chocolate bar in months, but i've found that the small ones satisfy me just as much, but with far less calories :tongue:
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Salt :( the substitute just don't get it

I classed myself a a salt addict, i put it on everything if i could taste food over salt i didnt want to eat it, since ive given it up ive been hugely succesful! i actually was shaking when i first quit! severe issue i had
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    So maybe I went about this the wrong way. I agree with all of you that have stated that this is a lifestyle change and you shouldn't deprive yourself of anything.

I still eat the things I love but have found a healthier way to eat them. I know for me though that my morning coffee is the one thing I did not change. If I am really craving something I have a little of it.

To the person that posted life, Great call!!!! I ate a slice of stuffed cookie at my daughters birthday, however it was a much smaller slice than it would have been before. I want to show my kids that you can enjoy everything as long as you do it in moderation! Loving all the post to this question!!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream, I prefer the powder Bordens Rich and Creamy and I do log it in. :smile:
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Glad to see other people that are losing weight say this. I will not give up my yummy coffees (who wants to live like that?) At this point, my fancy creamers take up about 100-150 calories a day. I've tried the low fat or skinny creams but they just taste like chemicals. Keep up your hard work:-)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    many many things. For me, it's a lifestyle change. I cannot pretend that one day I won't bust out the Dr. Pepper or the buttery popcorn at the movies.

It took some adjusting but today I rather eat a yummy healthy lunch or dinner than a greasy meal. And when I do want a greasy meal (mmm pluckers!), I'll have it on the weekend and work out as usual. Before, if I had a bad meal I'd feel guilty then not work out because I don't feel like and I already did damage and so on... cycle continued.

Most of the time, healthier choices will win but hey, if I want cake, I'm gonna have me a slice.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I find that I simply don't desire a lot of the crap I was putting in my body. So, in that respect, I haven't really given up anything that I want currently. It's funny, I eat more dark chocolate now than I ever did before. I have at least one small square of 90-99% dark chocolate a day and sometimes more, usually dipped in almond butter. :heart:
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I believe in everything in moderation...cuz if you deprive yourself then you binge and i dont want to be a binge eater!!!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything but I did cut way back on my sweet tea.

I was drinking about 2 gallons a week and now I may drink half a gallon in a week.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have not given up ANYTHING ... I HAVE however changed what I consider an appropriate portion of whatever it is that I want.