Feeling Discouraged

Options
Hey everyone. It’s been a real rough couple of weeks. My scale keeps ranging from 177-179. It won’t go any lower. I’m eating well and exercising 4-5 times a week. I’m feeling pretty down and don’t know how to fix this.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, could be water retention for a number of reasons. give it 4-6 weeks before a change
  • chelmo50
    chelmo50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second Eric, give it 4-6 weeks and then reevaluate. Also, are you getting plenty of sleep? Are you drinking enough water? Have you been under a lot of stress? Did you just finish a period of time where you were losing weight? All of these things can affect the scale. Consistency is the key to breaking through. Do the things that have been working for you, tweak where you think you need to and stick with it!! The scale will eventually start moving in the right direction for you. In the meantime, possibly give yourself a non-scale goal associated with your health as a means of having something else to focus on but also reminding yourself what the overall goal is (or at least hopefully is!).... good health!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    hang in there. I am just finally seeing some light after a 6-7 week stage of going up and stable then up then stable :(

this could be useful:
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Also, double check your weighing of food and entries used.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Everyone asked the questions I would have asked. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I didn't lose anything for all of April and the scale even went up despite weighing all my food and doing cardio every day. I finally had a whoosh of 3 pounds at the beginning of May. The scale will eventually move, hang in there!
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Stay on the path. The fact that you are eating well and exercising means you are successful. Let the weight take care of itself over time.
  • mkrlopez
    mkrlopez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Just wanted to add that if you are gaining muscle in your exercises it may seem like nothing is happening. Muscle weighs more than fat.
    Example - my daughter started going to the gym doing different types of exercise and changing her eating habits. After 11 months she lost 3-4 sizes but only lost 2 or 3 lbs. in total. If I showed you her before picture you would think big deal she doesn't look like she needs to lose weight! She didn't do it to lose weight but to feel better about herself. Exercise produces endorphins, which I'm told is one of the Happy Hormones.
    I desire to be like her.
    Please don't give up even when we can't see it, something is happening!
    K.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Do check your measurements. Not all losses show on the scales. You might be getting thinner/trimmer even if not lighter.

It is also true that fat loss is not always regular. (Stress can slow it down.)

Check that you are really sticking to your eating plan. (Look for possible errors in counting - especially of foods you consume regularly.)