Last meal I cooked

moxiefitman
moxiefitman Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2019 in Recipes
I’m a huge America’s Test Kitchen recipe home cook..... and can I tell you have I got a collection of beautifully plated meals. However, since I’ve been on a weight loss mission the ATK recipes have taken a back burner to my new straight forward healthy eating strategy.

Here’s what I cooked (well, heated) yesterday for the very first time.

j870bqy09qu7.jpeg

This is a “Beyond Meat” plant based pattie. Thawed, pan heated 3 minutes per side in one tsp vegetable oil to 165 degrees internal. This little gem returned a beautiful crisp exterior, a delicate juicy inside, and a totally non offensive flavor. I only miss the sweet greasy fat and the rubber ball feeling sitting in my stomach afterwards. Otherwise perfect. A definite do over is in the future!

20z3plfd381p.png

Replies

• wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    I’m curious as to what a “non-offensive flavor” means. Does it not really taste like anything once you get all the condiments with it?
  • moxiefitman
    moxiefitman Posts: 16 Member
    wifeoferp wrote: »
    I’m curious as to what a “non-offensive flavor” means. Does it not really taste like anything once you get all the condiments with it?

Non offensive meaning it doesn’t taste like a veggie burger or soy burger or tofu burger masqueraded to taste like a beef burger. Don’t get me wrong, I like veggie burgers. This pattie could easily be mistaken for real beef burger with all the condiments.

Without the condiments it has a very satisfying texture and feel and the flavor is close to beef and it’s not gamey or funky or anything offensive.

It’s a great beef alternative that’s almost like a real beef burger!
  • joannie92
    joannie92 Posts: 82 Member
    Ah I've seen these in the shops, I think this brand does 'vegan steak' and other super meaty knock offs. Haven't tried yet, it's on the to do list, nice to hear its recommended though!