Mountain dew

Options
Going to quit Mountain Dew starting tomorrow and I need some ideas on what to replace my morning pop with, and I’m not a coffee drinker

Replies

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Water?
  • Kbtm6419
    Kbtm6419 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 8.4 Oz sugar free Red Bull every morning and it has worked for me
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Monster Ultra Zero - the white one. You're welcome. ;)
  • EnriqueShockwave1911
    Options
    Switch it to diet mountain dew, I drink 2-3 everyday, I maintained a calorie deficit over the past year and lost 70lbs. Diet soda is a savior.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options

Not any more. Bang all the way. Way less sodium. :)
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Love Diet MD! Definitely recommend as a substitute.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »

Not any more. Bang all the way. Way less sodium. :)

I'm not a huge fan. I'll drink one if it's the only option. I haven't tried a flavor I like as much as Monster Ultra Zero. And I actually try to keep my sodium a little higher, due to heavy lifting 5 days a week.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options

I vote for this, too!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options

My personal fav!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't like diet Mountain Dew; I've always felt like I taste the artificial sweeteners more than other drinks.
    I switched to Mio Energy for caffeine. I also drink tea, but it's not the same.
    I do still allow myself usually 1 can of Mountain Dew a week and sometimes a bottle for special trips.
    Be careful completely giving up things you really like. It can make it more likely to relapse. Good luck!
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just getting ready to start again and guess what my guilty pleasure is...Mt. Dew. I have a 3 hour daily commute and I tell myself this is my fuel to get me to and from work. Working on the courage to quit...might be like dewd2 and save it for the weekends. I do drink a ton of water betwern my 2 dews, so i feel like it balances out, lol. I also have switched to the mini cans, and not the big 20 oz. Bottles. However, I long ago decided not to go the diet route. I feel like sugar is better than the chemicals in diet...my own humble opinion. Let me know how it goes as I'm on the same journey!
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Diet Dew is great!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

While I like this flavor. The ultra sunrise - the orange one, may be even better for the OP. Its Citrus flavor which is kinda Mt dew in a way. Just my 2 cents.
  • loralenoxx
    loralenoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised they haven't come out with a "gluten free" Mountain Dew. Or an organic grass-fed vegan Mountain Dew. People would run out to buy it. :/
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Coffee and skimmed milk for me
  • amjmortensen48
    amjmortensen48 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    dare2begin wrote: »
    Just getting ready to start again and guess what my guilty pleasure is...Mt. Dew. I have a 3 hour daily commute and I tell myself this is my fuel to get me to and from work. Working on the courage to quit...might be like dewd2 and save it for the weekends. I do drink a ton of water betwern my 2 dews, so i feel like it balances out, lol. I also have switched to the mini cans, and not the big 20 oz. Bottles. However, I long ago decided not to go the diet route. I feel like sugar is better than the chemicals in diet...my own humble opinion. Let me know how it goes as I'm on the same journey!

It’s a struggle, still can’t give it up totally