😭 6 months post-pregnancy, divorcing, depressed, and feeling chunky

Hey guys! My name is Pat- I’m 23, currently divorcing my husband who left me 2 weeks prior to the birth of my daughter. I gave birth alone. I am now in the midst of a custody battle.

My stress is becoming too much for me; I cannot afford an attorney, don’t have the time or energy to go to school full time, my body has changed and to me and others it’s unsightly, I’ve entered a realm of pure defeat and sadness.

The only thing I feel I can control is my weight loss. It becomes obsessive sometimes, (I am a Virgo, too 🤦🏽‍♀️) - like today I began the apple cider vinegar fast and I feel like it did curb my appetite. But I’m afraid that my body will continue to be a disappointment. oq24nbspq9ny.jpeg
oahtxstr02av.jpeg
yq0kqdzzot3s.jpeg

Overall, I’m looking here for support! This is one of my last resorts and though I’m an introvert, I feel a lot of the anxiety of meeting people f2f is relieved through this app.

I welcome anyone and everyone to add me as a friend!!! Thanks for taking time out of your day/night to read this.

❤️

Replies

• Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now. *hugs*. Take it one day at a time and do your best for you and your baby.
  • FreddieFreckles
    FreddieFreckles Posts: 13 Member
    Beautiful momma and beautiful baby. I’m sorry life is so hard for you right now. This too shall pass. Hang in there. Feel free to add me as a friend, I like to chat 😁
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    You and your child are lovely. I am 10 months postpartum, and still clinging on to some crazy hormones. Be kind to yourself. Be strong for your little one. I'm adding you as a friend :)
  • hannekalew
    hannekalew Posts: 3 Member
    Dear Pat, I hope you're feeling better now.

Congratulations, you have a beautiful daughter, and you are a beautiful mom too.

If your husband left you prior your daughter was born seems he wasn't that engaged so move over, you don't need to share you and your daughter with him, better to raise her by yourself and giving her the love she deserves. Teach her she has a beautiful mother, but before you have to believe that! Weigh is nothing; is the last thing you should worry by now, remember breast feeding is a way to loose some weight and feed yourself with vegetables, fruits, nuts and some carbs but always in a healthy way, if you use the registry of your food in MFP you can review your macros to find how you're doing with it.

Sometimes anxiety make us loose control, I know that's the worst battle because you fight with your fears and a future you can't see... When that happens sometimes we search for food to comfort ourselves, I just learned a trick to work on that because my husband loose his job and I also have some anxiety.. 1. Stop thinking what drive you there, start an activity that needs your mind to focus your complete attention at. 2. Start breathing slowly 5 minutes is enough, if your're still anxious take a glass of water and zip slowly... 3. If you still believe your craving your sweet toot, try some nuts they have magnesium which will help you; if still you think you deserve to eat what your body asks, eat but do is slowly, chewing and without any distraction, and once you're satisfied, stop. Stop thinking about it and move over with no regrets.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to or if this works... probably I'm not good at words but I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs!
  • kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 581 Member
    please be kind to yourself. Please add me has a friend.
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    You are so much stronger than you know!!! You got this. It's hard now, but it will get better. Take care of you and your beautiful daughter.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The priorities are your physical and mental health, the health and well being of your daughter, then everything else.

If you are breast feeding, don’t do any funny fasts or diets.

Eat as well as your budget will allow with plenty of protein, fruits and vegetables. This will also help with your energy levels and your mood.

Get enough sleep.
  • haneylakeisha6319
    haneylakeisha6319 Posts: 1 Member
    Hang in there Momma! I know what you’re going through is tough, and some days you may not feel like getting out of the bed BUT you can overcome this Sis! God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle, take comfort in that and push forward! 😘💪🏾 #YouGotThis!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Precious little girl! Worth all the stress and struggle. Things have a way of working out. Try not to get down on your self. There are resources for you to get some help!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Oh no! I am so, so sorry to read your story! You have such a beautiful daughter, she must be the joy in your life. Please try not to stress - take it easy on yourself, especially as a new mother. Take it step by step, day by day and work things out as you go along. Please let us know how you are getting on, there are so many MFP members out there who always give so much good support.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You're glowing. What's so disappointing with that? That's a beautiful baby.

Not to be rude, but no one in the world will take your baby from you if you love the child.
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Thank goodness he left now instead of later. I met a woman who's husband left her the day she had the baby right after giving birth. Love will come again and usually when we least expect it. Your weight is not gross or unsightly, you aren't big and stop telling yourself that. Sure your body is different but that is true for every mother and please don't panic like I did. I thought my body would look the way it did right after birth forever. No, it heals it changes it tightens and things do get better, slowly for some. Strength training will be a goddess to you if you embrace her. All you gotta do is you right now and love that little punkin and the rest will fall into place. All I did the first 4 months was sit on the couch anyway. You don't need to listen to Hollywood garbage about being out and perfect the first week postpartum. Do whatever you want to. If your baby is happy and healthy then don't give two ***** about what anyone else thinks you are an awesome mother, period.
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    You can add me. I am a 33 yr old Christian mom and wife. But I've been left before when I was younger. It resulted in a miscarriage. It can and sometimes does happen to all of us. We cannot make decisions for others. They do what they want. But stay healthy ! Dont stress, make sure you focus on just being a tiny bit active, it's the summer so luckily you can go for walks with the baby. Eat good. And if the divorce is stressing you out just hold off on it for a few months.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    There might be legal aid services available in your town. Check the women’s resource centers or possibly Salvation Army. If they don’t have it, they might know who does.