korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/11

30 minutes exercise
    Stay within calories
    Plan what to eat at lunch in advance
    Drink water
    no alcohol

Two more days of school for the kiddo's and then I think stress will be off them for awhile. They'll have camps but of course no homework and the camps are really good for them, keeps them active and social. They have both been really emotional lately and I am so over it. But of course nothing I can do but give hugs, advice, and directives. Anyway, today I'll keep it simple and just try to keep my good habits this week. Indulged a bit too much last weekend so need to figure out how to have fun on weekends without indulging too much.
  • korina75
    Options
    @bookmeister86 That is fantastic! I am so glad your company got rid of him. I will never understand how people like that raise through the ranks the way they do but frankly, they don't usually, it's usually that they are born with a silver spoon and network their way to the best jobs. Glad it didn't work in this case.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Monday
    1. Journal every single bite--Good, Bad & Ugly. 😊
    2. <29g added sugar😊
    3. HYDRATE - beat yesterday's intake 😊
    4. 15 minutes outside for fresh air😊
    5. 30 minutes of intentional exercise😰
    6. Call PF and check on membership status😰.
    7. Be kind. Walk away from gossip or negativity.😊
    8. Podcasts Joyce | HSM | Phit n Phat. 😊
    9. Spend 30 minutes HSM lesson or participating on forum😳
    10. Prepare for tomorrow, tonight😋
    11. Unplug by 8pm. 😊 | 5 Things I'm Grateful for today. 😰 | Inspirational Readings 😰| Lights out by 10:30. 😰
    12. No Snooze button tomorrow morning!!!! 👎🏼

I’m at Neurologist appointment waiting for all the test results so thought I would hop on and post goals on my phone. I like using my laptop for this much better! This is hard!

Have a great day!!!

Just for Tuesday
    Journal every bite
    Hydrate
    15 minutes outside
    Walk away from cubicle every hour, rest eyes
    Be kind
    Get rounding schedule done for June & July
    Podcasts
    <29g added sugar
    Evening routine and Early bedtime

2019 WOY: Tenacity / Tenacious

June Goals
    BDay Cards
    Print pics of grands for work cubicle
    Marie Kondo my clothing
    Weigh less at end of the month
    Spend at least 15 min/day on HSM lessons 4 of 7 days per week. If I cannot do this, I need to cancel membership
    Try to find 15 minutes per day for self care, whatever that means that day.
    Marie Kondo magazines and book collection
    30 minutes of Intentional exercise 4/7 days per week
    Finish my layer cake quilt
    June Budget including putting money INTO savings instead of taking it out.

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    JFT:

- don't snack between lunch and dinner
    - go through testing strategies and write at least one test
    - breathe :)
    - drink at least 1l of water during the rest of the day

Today was very exciting, so exciting that I'm too excited to even write about it, lol. Long story short, there might be room for collaboration that is both exciting and frightening at the same time :)
    I feel it's too much responsibility and, in a way, above my level of expertise, but it's hard to say no. I am going to learn as much as I can in the meantime. Also, I am going to be honest about my strengths and weaknesses.

Also, I will use this day to get my horses under control (if that makes sense in English :D ) regarding food. I am stronger than my triggers!
    You are too! :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Draft literature review. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Type literature review. Draft presentation for department.
    4. Chop celery. Build saag. Chicken salad. Mall? Take fabric to H&M? Comments.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.

I am struggling to do everything I feel like I ought to be able to get done. And it's all stuff that's important to me. AND on top of that, I feel like I'm already saying no to a lot of things. I haven't been in a play in ages. I'm not practicing piano or studying programming or drawing. We're not going to be traveling this summer. I don't visit family as much as I'd like to. Or friends.

*sigh* It's HARD.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday

- Gym :(
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Protein bar for Breakfast :(
    - Work stuff
    - Drop of paperwork for my dad's estate at the lawyers
    - Make appt with new therapist
    - Work stuff
    - Home by 5:30
    - Dinner - Oldest is cooking
    - Walk
    - Laundry

Not a good start to the day. We decided we were tired of always deciding what was for dinner and the girls only really liking to eat a few things, so on Tuesdays my oldest will cook dinner and on Thursdays my youngest will cook. It does double duty as they need to learn to cook anyway.

Positive thought: Not all life lessons need come from adversity.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 I've used Instant Self Hypnosis by Forbes Robbins Blair to change habits. It requires that you can set aside quiet time regularly (about 20 minutes), read out load a script that puts you into a receptive mental state and then read an affirming script of actions and outcomes. I downloaded the book on my Kindle. The idea is that you can reprogram your subconscious to change behaviors. If thinking and being negatively effected about your past is a behavior that can be changed might be worth a try.

I've decided that I need to shift my daily meal plan to a maintenance mode. I am still so fatigued with my surgery that my body needs more calories. After my PT yesterday I slept for 2 hours, so I re calibrated MFP goals to maintain rather than lose. Maintenance is 1750 a day for me. When I can start exercising again I'll revisit my goals. Tracking what I eat is really important to stay in maintenance. Focus on healthy choices!

JFT 6/11/19
    Pre track meals
    Do a few chores around the house - address some maintenance issues
    11:00 hair appointment
    Grocery shop?
    Read
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    New to the board

Just for Today June 11th

- non fast day so healthy protein breakfast
    - track all meals and activity
    - walk at lunch for >20 minutes
    - gym 5:30
    - dinner before 7:00 (18/6 fast starts)
    - weed and water the garden
    - walk dogs
    - prep and pack lunch for tomorrow
    - bed by 10:00
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 10 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :)
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - :/ / :) - Only about 30 over and I'm letting it go, because I am sure I had more activity than what I logged
    Walk 1 Mile - :/
    Squats - 40
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :/ 2 but I was hungry
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - I didn't watch tv
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Tuesday June 11 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Had a very successful day yesterday, except cleaning. I still need to scrub the floors and dust, but that will have to wait until tomorrow after my interview.

Kaitlyn is coming today for crafting so I'll be with her all day. I am making her favourite meal, meatballs, rice and corn. Does anyone know how long I should cook meatballs in the crockpot? I normally use my oven for 1 hour, but it's not working.

I went on a trip down memory lane last night looking for a picture of my Dad when he was younger for Kaitlyn to use at the wedding. He would love to be here and see her get married. It was sad to look at the pictures and see all of the people that are no longer with us, but at the same time it brought some nice memories.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - Does the school continue to pay your assistant while she is off work? They should have a contingency fee for that. When I was a TA in a kindergarten class anymore than 1 days absence and the teacher could call for a replacement. All of the classes had a special needs child in them though, so that may have made the difference.

@AJB1014 - Are you done at your family's job now for good? It's such a shame that they had to close.

@KMatovina - I don't buy a lot of snack foods, I figure I would just eat them. LOL My husband deciding the only meat he likes right now is beef is not helping me at all. I love all of your exercising, I wish my husband would join me on the sex as exercise. He isn't as enthusiastic as he used to be.

@nlmackey98 - I hadn't thought of this yesterday, but my Dad quit smoking for 2 years using hypnotherapy. He started again when he received his cancer diagnosis. We tried that cooking thing one time, I was the only one that cooked in my house, still am. We decided it wasn't fair that I was the only one to decide, figure it out and then get complaints anyway so we would all take turns. It worked until it came to my husband the second time. My eldest daughter surprised us all with a full roast beef dinner.

@ZizzyBumble - Being able to rent a scooter will give your Mom a lot more options. Can she still drive or does she need you to take her?

@jacqui2494 - My husband likes bringing ice cream to the house, I normally buy kinds I won't eat and it seems to work. I don't know how I would handle it if he brought chips home regularly, they are my kryptonite.

@bex953172 - Congratulation to Saskia, I hope she loves reading for a lifetime. I hope you feel better soon.

@bookmeister86 - I am so incredibly happy for you! I hope this means that you get to stay and maybe even be better compensated.

@littleblackskirt - Sometimes our cancelled plans are just blessings in disguise, maybe you need a day at home to lift your mood a bit. Thanks for the compliment on the door. The picture beside the door is a computer generated "sketch" image of the Longest Covered Bridge in the World in Hartland, NB. My grandmother bought this for me as a birthday present in 2003. There was a minister in the town that did something shameful and his church had to close. He turned the church into a little museum/antique shop. He made frames such as this out of barn boards from his parents falling down barn, then used cardboard boxes as backing for different prints. He used wallpaper border, calendar pictures, or in this case printed computer sketches and sold them all for ridiculous amounts of money. I have this one and another frame that used to have lighthouse wallpaper border in it but I have since filled with cork and use to hang my necklaces.

@HEGoddard0928 - Can't get much more QT time than a nap, unless you snore! :) Glad you had a good day and a great weekend at the retreat.

@aubyshortcake - What kind of course do you need to take for a ticket? Here we just have to pay the tickets, unless it is child car seat infractions or excessive speeding repeatedly.

@korina75 - You might be surprised by how much they appreciate that new bedroom. My Grandmother and Mom redid my room when I was in Grade 6 as a birthday present. I loved that room, and still miss it today. It was still the same as I left it, for wall paper, not furniture when my brother tore the house down last summer. Are the twins both girls or one of each? I truly didn't like my girls very much in the preteen years. I loved them a lot more when they hit the teens. Moody, sassy, miserable creatures at 12 years old us girls are, but what should we expect when were not quite old enough to go out alone with friends, but too old to play with toys. Nevermind all of the hormones raging through the system!

@PackerFanInGB - I hope you received good news

@daneejela - I am very excited for you, I can "hear" it how excited and nervous you are in your post. You can do whatever it is. "Horses under control" is not a phrase I've heard, but it makes perfect sense to me! I have seen horses running amok and they are terrifying. When they are under control it is majestic. Maybe that should be one of my other fears I take on, horseback riding. My dream would be to live on a ranch and go trail riding, however I'm scared of horses and wouldn't want to do the cleaning... so that's a funny dream for me to have.

@clicketykeys - Can you drop some of the other "stuff" so that you have time for some of the things that mean more to you? Is school almost done for the year for you?

@lafayettenana - I hope the higher calories will help get you healed up quicker, then you can go at it again to lose.

Well I have just spent almost 2 hours on here catching up, with a couple of little chores completed in between. I should make the meatballs and get them out of the way so that when Kaitlyn arrives I just have to craft and not worry about anything else.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've just been barely keeping up with work & prof org duties, so no time to reply to JFT during day, and too wiped by evening to be on computer. Thinking of you all, and wishing you a good day!!!

JFT M 6/10 ~ Rest day
    1) Let go of my pride & ego at work ~ I can be right, or I can be happy. Complete GA-B review notes. = Resubmitted workpapers with a smile (I even went to Asst. Mgr. several times to clarify her wishes... she's not such a great writer so I don't always understand what she wants by her notes) :D
    2) Pre-event tasks in EMT. Register self? = :smile: Registered & prelim tasks done
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,778 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 30 floors :smile:
    4) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = Ack... overtired in evening & emo eating struck. June challenge in mind, I logged good/bad/UGLY. Net cals -442 :s , sodium -337, sugar -13, fiber & protein excellent, 11c water (worked so hard during day forget to keep drinking :( )
    5) Evening: get something done :smile: refilled birdbaths & feeders, washed dishes, made overnight oats, put stuff in recycling bin, calmed anxious dog when strong winds whipped up
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ before 9:30 / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T) :smile:

JFT T 6/11
    1) Walked dog before work 3.63 mi 1:05:12 & stretched after = happy me & happy dog B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Progress on GA-S(P) / maybe start GA-S(R) / complete prof org pre-event tasks for Th seminar
    5) Evening to-do's
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm ~ if raining, x-train before work W / bed & tv off 10:20
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    So, at the moment I'm feeling quite a bit better than I had been. It definitely helps that it is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here right now. 75F and lots of lazy, gentle blue skies with wispy clouds. The trees are vibrantly green, and the mountains in the distance are a deeper shade of blue that you can just make out over the tree-tops. There's just enough breeze that if you're in the shade, you wonder if you should have long sleeves on. The breeze ruffles the high grass, and the Queen Anne's lace is blooming, swaying gently. The sunlight comes through the trees, dappling the grass with lighter and darker patches, and the birds are chattering at each other above you.

@Snowflake1968 - Regular school is done, but I still have this week and next week before I'm done with my master's. And I've started my part-time summer jobs - which count as things that are important to me. My first summer, I did six days a week. THAT is not happening again, hahaha! I'm down to four, and if absolutely necessary, I could cut another day, but at this point I feel like I'm committed... plus once my master's is done, I hope things will go a little smoother.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    I give up. I'm going home, grabbing my bike and heading out to clear my head the best way I know how. At least there was a time when it was my sanctuary. Hopefully I'll find that again.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh @clicketykeys - jealous that your school year is done! We don’t finish until 19 July 😩 Sounds as though you are staying as busy as ever.

@nlmackey98 - hope you find some peace and sanctuary on your ride. Hugs.

@snowflake1968 - loving the door! You are so good with craft and decor. Wish I had you as a friend living locally so I could get your advice on my house. Oh, and my assistant is paid sick leave (public sector jobs here aren’t very well paid but employee rights are pretty good and education unions quite powerful). We have a few children in the class with additional needs so I’m kind of run ragged on my own.

I’m a little behind with lots of others on here. Hoping everyone is doing ok. Have to head to bed shortly. Long run day today and I’ve been on the move since 5am. Time for some rest!

Will be back on in the morning with today’s update and tomorrow’s goals x
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    THE NINETEENTH OF JULY?! Heart palpitations. When does your school year start, though? You guys must be on a different schedule than us, because we start at the beginning of August! ;D

And I'm flabbergasted that you don't have a temporary replacement for your assistant. My husband is an assistant and when he's out, they have to have a substitute for him.
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 6/11 Recap

30 minutes exercise :)
    Stay within calories :)
    Plan what to eat at lunch in advance :)
    Drink water :)
    no alcohol :|

Ended up having a mojito at lunch but it was only 100 calories and fit within my budget. I'm ok with it. Drank lots of water today, got in my workout even though I REALLY didn't want to. I'm a morning workout person and lately haven't been able to get there until late. Didn't make it yesterday and forced myself to go today. Very glad I did though! Got a great run in. Anyway, Bit of a stressful day but the next few days are free and clear of anything major to do! I am so ready for some relaxing. Tomorrow is the kiddo's last day of school for the year, yay! Then a few days of laziness and camp starts which I think will be very good for them physically and mentally.

If the weather is nice, tomorrow will be a long workout day for me, I think I'll do a 5 mile power walk and 20 minute hiit run. I've been kind of slowing down a little on the workouts so definitely want to make sure I get at least two workouts a week in that are more intense.

• korina75
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Yes, 12 has been BRUTAL. I have a boy and a girl but my daughter is gender fluid so sometimes she presents as male, sometimes non binary, sometimes female. It's a whole new world we are learning but they are an amazing kid so we are doing our best. But these tween years might kill me. :D Anyway, it's good to hear that the teen years might be a little better, I shall hold on to that scrap of hope like a lifeline. :D

@nlmackey98 Hope you got some peace on your bike! Sometimes a hard workout and some alone time is all you need. That's a great plan to have the kiddos in charge of a meal. We've done that off and on but as they get older it'll be more important. Especially since they love to complain about what I'm cooking.

@lafayettenana Definitely sounds like maintenance is a good call. Sometimes you just need to heal and rest, good for you for listening to what your body needs.
  • daubna08
    daubna08 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Housework is so hard to keep up on! I’ve been trying to keep up with the dishes at least every night but usually fail half the week. Hopefully your family health issues get better. I know it’s hard to stop snacking when you’re stressed out. 😁

Forgot to post this AM. Still getting used to posting twice per day. Didn’t work out this AM like I was supposed to but took an extra long walk with the pup after work. We had grilled T-bone steaks and broccoli for dinner, so good! Going to get to bed by 9pm and plan for a morning workout! 🤗

JFT Wednesday, 6/12
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Work out before work
    3. At least 100 oz of water
    4. Productive day at work
    5. Fold and PUT AWAY laundry
    6. Change lightbulb in bedroom that’s been out for a week
    7. Take pup on a walk after work