Creative ways to keep me out of the dog house?

Options

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sex and beer. And steak or other meat stuff.

Works like a charm.
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You have selective hearing. I suffer from the same problem. He's an attention *kitten*. Ignore him more.

PMSL :laugh:

I say....Bacon and mayb some baconnaise spread if u have it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Write it down. It helps.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Sex and beer. And steak or other meat stuff.

Works like a charm.
    We're easy to figure out. Must be to compensate for the difficulty of figuring out women.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Honey you don't need anything creative, you need to listen to your husband and make it a priority to remember. You are hurting his feelings big time. Your kids are important, but they will grow up and leave you. If you want him around when they are gone, pay attention to him

Use google calendar and sync the calendars so you know what's going on in his world. It seems like a total cop-out that you know what's going on with the kids. Seriously, if you can't remember what is important to him (he's a man, men are not usually communicative unless they're telling you something important), write it down. If XYZ is happening and he is waiting for a response (need a sitter, need to rsvp, he's up for a promotion, interview, etc), write down what day that thing is supposed to happen on a calendar and then ask how it went.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Honey you don't need anything creative, you need to listen to your husband and make it a priority to remember. You are hurting his feelings big time. Your kids are important, but they will grow up and leave you. If you want him around when they are gone, pay attention to him

yeah, neglect the kids, cuz one day they'll be adults. great logic.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    He actually wants you to listen to him? WOW! What a reverse role! I usually got scolded from not listening to women babble about nothing. I would just say 'Uh hu.. yea... thats nice, of course dear" while I was thinking about how I can find an excuse to go fishing or something.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    This won't help you tonight, but I have a dry erase board where I keep everyones schedules. Regarding today, dress sluty and remind him how expensive it would be to train your replacement.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Send the kids to a sitter. Greet him at the door naked. Sit him down and tell him, "tell me all about it" while you disctract him and make yourself incapable of being asked questions (if you know what I mean.)

Boys are easily distracted by naked things.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Buy steaks and beer, stat :laugh:

And don't forget the bj.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

We have a REALLY good relationship...and he gets plenty of attention - to the tune of 4 days a week, if you know what I mean.
    I'm sorry to say this, but is "4 days a week" everything that your relationship is to YOU? Probably not. So it's most likely not everything to your husband either. I really can't see how you can forget things so important to him. My husband would be extremely hurt as well. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, work full time, long commute, etc. and I can manage to pay attention to my husband besides in the sack. I agree with the calendar ideas, maybe just a little oranization will go a long way. Also maybe set aside one day a week (after the kids are in bed so there's no distractions) to get together on the upcoming week and what you both have going on.

You sound like super woman! What color is your cape?
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This is all great advice. But why does everyone assume he's on his way home? What if you forgot to pick him up at the airport or something?! :embarassed:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is all great advice. But why does everyone assume he's on his way home? What if you forgot to pick him up at the airport or something?! :embarassed:

LOL
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You forgot something. You fessed up to it. You feel bad because you DO care. You are not the worst wife in the world. You are human.

Sheesh.

And where IS the damn remote control??
  • TluvK
    Options

Ha! We live 2 hours from an airport...I have 2 kids and a dog...and a job! He can drive himself home from the airport.

But, I HAVE to tell you all how it came down. He came home. He was pleasantly surprised. :love:

Then, I said, "So, tell me about that thing this morning?" He said, "What thing?" And I said, "You know, when we were talking earlier, you said something about being done with something and it going well". He was SO confused. He said, "I don't know what you're talking about. I had a few meetings this morning that I don't think I even told you about. I think maybe I said something like: "My meetings ended and the day is going well".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sheesh. Well, hubby is happy, wifey is happy and to all of you judgy-judgersons - all is well in happy marriage land. And, I can assure you, that next time I will TRY to listen, but cannot promise I won't forget....but I suppose I can take a look at the big dry erase board I just installed over my husbands 60 inch flat screen to find out what he's up to this week.

Now...what do I do with the naughty school girl outfit I just bought?
  • TluvK
    Options

I don't know! I have a four year old that likes to hide stuff. The other day I found a tampon in his Nerf gun...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I don't know! I have a four year old that likes to hide stuff. The other day I found a tampon in his Nerf gun...

THAT is rather genius of him!!!! *LOL*
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay- glad there was a happy ending :)
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options

We have a REALLY good relationship...and he gets plenty of attention - to the tune of 4 days a week, if you know what I mean.

Sex isn't everything....
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Oops...missed the whole thing sorry...glad it went well though...