Online or old fashioned how i you looking for you next.....

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    It is hard to meet people in real life. How many men randomly approach women in day to day life? I don’t hang out at bars or clubs. Online it is.

A lot. Maybe it's different in different places, but guys around here are pretty brave with that. I don't go to bars or clubs, but I get approached in stores and random places and asked for my number. Sometimes they're even the employees and supposed to be working. I'm not single, but it happens more than I'm comfortable with.

Though I believe in being friends with someone first before ever considering dating them. Whether that connection come from online or other means wouldn't matter.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    It is hard to meet people in real life. How many men randomly approach women in day to day life? I don’t hang out at bars or clubs. Online it is.

Honestly I’m not trying to subtle brag with this comment, but I get approached all the time on a regular basis. Regardless of how I’m dressed or how I look in the moment. I sincerely believe it doesn’t necessarily come down to looks, rather it’s simply about being approachable. Although, I have been told in the past I’ve been too friendly. So I’ve learnt to be a bit more reserved to eliminate leading people on. Although unfortunately this is a continuous learning process for me.

Regardless, I find many woman don’t smile, laugh, adopt open body language and make eye contact with strangers enough.

The more of these you do, the greener the light will be. If you want to dial it back, just eliminate or reduce these. I truly believe it’s as simple as that.

This is very well said and spot on. I'm always smiling at strangers. It's such a habit I don't even realize I'm doing it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I like getting to know people online first so I can weed out the dummies.

ut oh.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member

You are looking at one Nooshi. :p I have always met women I have dated through friends or going up and striking a conversation with them.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

ut oh.

don’t you play dumb with me, mister
  • your_future_ex_wife

Honestly I’m not trying to subtle brag with this comment, but I get approached all the time on a regular basis. Regardless of how I’m dressed or how I look in the moment. I sincerely believe it doesn’t necessarily come down to looks, rather it’s simply about being approachable. Although, I have been told in the past I’ve been too friendly. So I’ve learnt to be a bit more reserved to eliminate leading people on. Although unfortunately this is a continuous learning process for me.

Regardless, I find many woman don’t smile, laugh, adopt open body language and make eye contact with strangers enough.

The more of these you do, the greener the light will be. If you want to dial it back, just eliminate or reduce these. I truly believe it’s as simple as that.

samesies
  • Tankiscool

I have been weeded haven't i? :(
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Tankiscool wrote: »

only cuz yer a baybay
  • Tankiscool

only cuz yer a baybay

:'(
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    I think given the title thread, you might want to stick to real life; communication & whatnot being important

:D:D:D
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I prefer to meet people online because then I can be whoever I feel like.

@caco_ethes

Same here.

I would say more on the subject..... but my agent, team of advisors and security detail are waiting.

We'll be boarding my private jet soon, on the way to a tropical location to begin filming my latest Hollywood Megahit.

I suspected you were famous!
  • Tankiscool

@caco_ethes

Same here.

I would say more on the subject..... but my agent, team of advisors and security detail are waiting.

We'll be boarding my private jet soon, on the way to a tropical location to begin filming my latest Hollywood Megahit.

Motorsheen...charlie sheen. Its been in front of us all along!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

@caco_ethes

Same here.

Also explains why he never selfies 😤
  • your_future_ex_wife

@caco_ethes

Same here.

Also explains why he never selfies 😤

I once saw a group photo I think he was in. I had to guess which he was but that only added to my excitement
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I think given the title thread, you might want to stick to real life; communication & whatnot being important

Burn.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited June 2019

I agree with this 100%. Men approach women a LOT where I am, and not just in bars/clubs but everywhere...I've been approached, flirted with, and/or asked out in places like the supermarket or library. Anywhere.

However, for me online has always been the best method by far. I live in the bible belt and as a childfree by choice agnostic liberal, the chances of me organically meeting a man who is likeminded were always slim to none. It was too hard for me to turn away someone upon discovering how incompatible we were...too easy to feel the physical attraction and then be "stuck"!

I'm a big fan of meeting SOON though once you begin an online flirtation...to see if there's anything there. I met my husband online but made it face to face within a week.