Would you rather have a maid, a personal chef, or a chauffeur?

Options

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Too much of a control freak to have someone go through my personal belongings (like having things in the same place...yes I notice when something is touched/moved ever so slightly...not quite OCD level yet) or influence my dietary intake...so by default, I'm going with chauffeur.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Jenny, why are you trying to limit me? I guess I’d choose a chef.

I like cleaning. Making things look, smell, and feel nice. Bringing order out of chaos.

Everyone but me drives like a *kitten*. I hate being a passenger.

I like cooking about twice a year. I’m pretty good at it and I’m fussy about it, but I don’t enjoy it most of the time.

• Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Nice weekend thread @laprimaJenny
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    A maid, who cooks as well :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    A cook,who also does the shopping. I would tell her (or him) how many calories I aim for, and what my macro aims are. If I didnt have to cook and grocery shop, that would free up a couple hours a day, plenty of time to clean.
  • LegendOfYas
    LegendOfYas Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A maid for sure.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    none of the abov....

wait

this maid

is there an special outfit that she wears ?
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    If it were just me? A chef. My bachelor time was sent not eating a lot. My cooking isn’t dangerous but I don’t enjoy it so given the choice, I’d probably not eat

For my family? A maid
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    chauffeur
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Chauffeur. I hate driving.
    Too much of a control freak to have someone go through my personal belongings (like having things in the same place...yes I notice when something is touched/moved ever so slightly...not quite OCD level yet) or influence my dietary intake...so by default, I'm going with chauffeur.

Ditto@PaperDoll. I've always loathed long commutes or short and bendy steep mountainous drives along narrow wild country-like roads. Prefer a highly skilled chauffeur like Jason Statham in Transporter.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    none of the abov....

wait

this maid

I'll wear anything you want.. or not ;)
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,339 Member
    Options
    My roommate does all the cooking, so I can't complain. My job entails me driving about 6 hours a day and cleaning an office building two nights a week, so I would take a maid and a chauffeur any day!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    none of the abov....

wait

this maid

Haha....

will you also drive me around town ??
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    none of the abov....

wait

this maid

Haha....

will you also drive me around town ??

Absolutely.. 😉
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Great question and SO hard to pick. I get sick of always being the driver, but I also always the everything. I would love a maid, but a personal chef that could make me amazing, healthy meals? That might win out by a tad. BUT this personal chef better leave the kitchen spotless when he is done. And also wear tight clothes
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would choose a maid - but I'd mostly want the type of cleaner who does big dirty jobs like windows and steam cleaning floors and soft furniture, deep-cleaning the fridge, etc. I don't mind doing the normal day to day cleaning, I kind of like it.

I love that my husband cooks most of our meals but if he weren't in the picture, I wouldn't mind cooking especially because I'm the type who can happily cook one big meal and eat it for 3 days straight. I don't love driving but I don't have a long commute and I do enjoy music in the car so eh, no need for a chauffeur.

If this was an actual free offer... then I'd really wanna just choose lawn maintenance. We pay someone to mow/weed-eat and it is worth every penny to me, because my husband and I both like to be able to take off on weekends without remembering to mow the lawn. We're not into landscaping or outdoor entertaining etc, so a simple mowing & trimming service is more than good.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    I would have a Butler, like Alfred.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Jenny, why are you trying to limit me? I guess I’d choose a chef.

I like cleaning. Making things look, smell, and feel nice. Bringing order out of chaos.

Everyone but me drives like a *kitten*. I hate being a passenger.

I like cooking about twice a year. I’m pretty good at it and I’m fussy about it, but I don’t enjoy it most of the time.

A chief that’s a personal trainer and nutritionist would be extremely useful to me. All of time that could be saved between cooking, portioning and preparing meals in advance, could all be used to spend more quality time with my children. Plus sometimes purely out of laziness I eat junk. Having someone to constantly prepare healthy snacks would keep me on track.

Point is, lack of control can be to your advantage if you are weak in certain areas.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Nice weekend thread @laprimaJenny

Thanks, I find it’s constantly dead here on the weekends. It’s as if everyone is married or something. 🤷‍♀️
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I want a wardrobe worker. Someone to collect the dirty laundry and then sort, wash, dry, sort, fold, and put away everything-including socks. He should also organize closets, getting rid of worn or ill-fitting items, etc.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I already have a weekly cleaning lady that I love, so if I get to keep her still a driver would be my next choice.