I'm craving a whopper talk me out of it.

Options

Replies

• staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Get a whopper junior or make your own.

Yesterday my husband and I made venison burgers at home, which I had on a slice of rye bread with some mushrooms and crispy kale. Put a bit of butter on the bread. Had a side of sliced cucumbers with a bit of sesame oil and salt and pepper. I found that really satisfying and yummy. Was 490 calories with a macro spread of 28C/28F/32P. I still had space in my day for dessert.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How come no place in the midwest has a Lettice wrapped burger? That would save a good amount of calories wasted on bread. We don't have In and Out's here so that's out of the question.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    How come no place in the midwest has a Lettice wrapped burger? That would save a good amount of calories wasted on bread. We don't have In and Out's here so that's out of the question.

Maybe you can go somewhere that serves hamburger steak.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Not a problem for me, I hate Burger King, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been there in my life, and none of the times was it my choice.
    I think there’s a lot of good suggestions here for you. If I crave something, usually pizza, I have it, just usually limit it to two pieces and go for a veggie pizza now days. Kind of hard to limit a Whopper, but you could cut it in half and make two meals out of it or limit your intake on other food in the day. It’s hard, but, where there’s the will, there’s a way. We can do this, but, need to make better choices most of the time.
  • meximami1
    meximami1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i get cravings for take out onion rings occasionally so i'll factor them into my daily diary accordingly. if i don't fill out my diary - i'm done for ! i've managed to maintain my weight for 2 years after losing 20 lbs. you can make this work for you if you're exercising and logging honestly. but also Evamutt's suggestion is great also :)
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you are in the UK but yes they have just started advertising all over the place for whoppers.

Personally i have never really liked burger king, they just dont taste nice to me.

Last night I had a supermarket 'quality' burger, in a sandwich thin, with 25g of cheese slice, some veggies in the thin. You could add a bit of mayo. Not quite BK or mcdonalds but it gets the craving gone.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I know it’s popular to say “find a lower calorie dupe”, but that doesn’t work for me with a lot of things. I end up eating the dupe, but still wanting the real thing.

I just gave that suggestion to the OP as well but I think you're right actually!

added to that, if he has 330 calories left for the day, the whopper will only put him at maintenance?

Just eat it then.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My husband orders a burger with extra veggies, no bun.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I've gotten lettuce wrapped at BK. Going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks. Was looking at In and Out menu today. will get the protein cheese burger and split fries with grandkids. Yes, I am looking forward to it and will be eating at maintenance while there.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    If it was me I'd just have the whopper as the worst thing I can do is to deny myself something I'm craving.

How I dealt with this would depend on how I was feeling...
    - If I felt like I could put the craving off I'd do that. This would give me a chance to bank those extra calories over the course of a few days or let me plan properly and work those extra calories into my daily budget.
    - If I was craving hard and really didn't want to wait then I'd just have the burger then either drop my calorie target by a little bit for the next 2 or 3 days or I'd just accept that I was gonna be a few hundred calories over my target on that day and move on.

But that's me and that's how I roll so this approach may not be the best way for other people. I know some people find if they 'stay strong' for a while they can eventually get over the craving. That doesn't happen with me, the longer I deny the worse the cave in is.

You have to work out what works best for you.
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I want something like a Whopper head to the gym first or spread the cals over a few days and then your good to go.

Its a marathon anyway. 1 day is nothing in a 1000.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I sometimes crave a Whopper, mostly due to memories of having them with my mom as a kid (well, a Whopper Jr back in the day lol). Now I can't have them even if I wanted to because they use soy in the bun AND the patty. So it's not worth the pain!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    so like others, I wait a bit to see if the craving is lasting or not (usually weeks) and then plan to indulge. I may eat maintenance or save some calories but i'll do it "fully" to satisfy the craving. This has worked so far, usually once i eat it I move on. Sometimes i can fit it in my normal deficit calories (depends on portion and food)

Funny I am getting fewer cravings lately. I guess this means I am due for one soon ;)