When do you exercise ?

Options
2»

Replies

• moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've always worked out after work (around 5:30 pm) but am starting to think that I should take advantage of the gyms we have onsite where I work and workout during the day. I tired it yesterday around 2:00 pm (counted as my lunch hour) and it was great to get it done during the day and get away from the desk! The only problem was that I didn't want to take any more time to shower and I felt sweaty the rest of the day.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Before dinner, right after work. Usually between 515 and 630 or so but then am normally in the garden which is more exercise :ohwell:
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise after work in the evenings on weekdays, and late morning or early afternoon on weekends. I'm just not a morning person and I just don't fight it anymore lol.
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    On a perfect day, I exercise all the time! Yesterday was a perfect day.

1. I did 35 minutes of circuit training in the comfort of my home before getting ready for work.

2. At lunch I walked a brisk 45 minutes. In fact, I walked to a local market, picked up some fruit and veggies and carried it back with me (burned more calories that way)!!!

3. Afterwork, I swam for 35 minutes at the YMCA.

4. Once home, I exercised by preparing food for an hour.

I take the stairs when I can. I park far way to get more of a walk in. When I'm walking in the mall shopping, I try to walk fast. Sometimes, I do 10 squats when I go to the bathroom. The more you move, the more you lose. The more you move, the better shape you become, the better you feel.

Some days I am traveling or working long hours and all I can do is run up and down the stairs in my office building. On weekends, I try to get more exercise in. In the back of my mind 30 minutes of exercise is the minimum, 60 is the goal, and more than that is a home run. I admit I'm a little obsesive these days, but I've been at this about 6 months and am feeling better and better. I LOVE FEELING ABLE BODIED AND FIT!!!

WoW ! that's amazing :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I don't..........maybe that's my problem, hmmm? lol.
    I try to walk as much as possible.............but I have so little motivation towards exercise.

Maybe someday - I AM losing weight, though :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am exercising whenever I want as I am a teacher on a 6 week summer break!

I am dreading going back to work in a week or two as I will have to start planning when I will be able to exercise again- which will most likely be back to three times a week, twice in the week (eve) , once at the weekend.
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    Right after I get off work. I know if I go home before working out, then I'm there to stay.
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    First thing in the morning! Before coffee and breakfast!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm up every weekday morning at 4:30 to do my cardio for the day. Then I usually either take a yoga class or do 30DS in the evening after dinner. On the weekends, my hubby and I are up early every Saturday to hike and usually take a bit of a rest on Sunday.
  • Desired4life
    Desired4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I exercise after dinner or after my kids go to sleep
  • shandekapratt
    Options
    it hard for me to exercise in the mornings because i go to work and school some evenings are good for me.
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    evening, i am just not a morning person at all!

ME TOO! If I only tried in the morning it would just never happen. I have to go right after work. Only down side is that I end up eating dinner much later than I should, but because it's so late I limit my carbs.
  • outerperimeter
    outerperimeter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At the gym 2-4 days per week, evenings between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.:

- Treadmill (30 minutes at 4.0-5.0)
    - Pool (20-30 minutes) OR Weight Room (20-30 minutes)
    - Racquetball (30-60 minutes)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    At night. I work second shift, so I usually go after work (and I go late even on the days when I don't work). I'm not a morning person - at all. I have more energy at night, plus I like that the gym is usually quite empty by the time I get there at 11:30pm or midnight. :)
  • Missy0104
    Options
    Work week - 90% of the time it's at night
    Weekends - usually mid-day

Mornings are way too hectic with 3 kids (1 in school and 2 under the age of 3) and getting myself ready for work. It's almost impossible unless I get my butt up at 5am (which isn't happening).
  • livesthere
    Options
    I do a lot of walking throughout the day getting to where I need to go since I live in the city and take the bus. When I am specifically looking to "work out" I go either after work or at night after dinner. :happy:
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am trying to exercise 30 min in the morning before work and then 30-40 min on my lunch break. Total of 1 hr each day. I know I need more but during the week its all I can do.