Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Kids always behave far worse with their parents than they do with other adults when parents are not around. Totally normal!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession: I made a 3 yo cry today at Vacation Bible School and I am not sorry.

I would not allow him to play with the blocks before it was his turn and wouldn't allow him to push another 3 yo who was quietly waiting for his turn to play.

I try to be fun, but there are limits. I cannot allow any kid to do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it in a room of 20 of kids. Someone would get hurt. This child actually had tears rolling down his face for five minutes because I made the rules stick.

ETA: I was totally judging his parents for not teaching him how to behave well around other kids.

I rarely judge these days just cos I know we discipline the kids and I do my best but Andrew is an epic threenager and throws a great public tantrum! I'm just glad he's not a fighter! That being said, nobody from nursery or preschool has ever mentioned bad behaviour to me, so here's hoping it's a normal level for his age!

Anne-Marie, this was not a threenager meltdown because he was tired or not feeling well or having a bad day. I know that happens sometimes. This was a full on hissy fit because I made him wait his turn. I wouldn't judge them if I didn't know the family, but I do and I have never heard mom, dad, or any grandparent tell him no about anything.
  • melissafeagins
    Kids always behave far worse with their parents than they do with other adults when parents are not around. Totally normal!

Truth!!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I have the week off work this coming week, and since money is tight instead of going anywhere we decided to do fun day trips to all the places we never get the chance to like the seaside or the wildlife park. Except it is forecast heavy rain EVERY day. Literally any week so far this year would have been better than this week. I'm so annoyed. This was my only time off that wasn't reserved to look after sick children.
  • spamarie
    Our staycation week didn't have the best start either. I spent Saturday morning in a&e with Ellie. Thankfully it was just a pulled elbow and they quickly clicked it back the right way and she's pretty happy now. Here's hoping it gets better from here!
  • spamarie
    Silver lining: the boy just pooped in the potty which is a minor miracle these days, and especially welcome as our washing machine is currently in pieces across the kitchen.

• spamarie
    Lol my life is so pedestrian. Will it ever stop raining? Will the washing machine ever be fixed? Stay tuned for next week's exciting episode of Spamarie's Very British Problems.
  • melissafeagins
    Lol my life is so pedestrian. Will it ever stop raining? Will the washing machine ever be fixed? Stay tuned for next week's exciting episode of Spamarie's Very British Problems.

All of our lives are pedestrian. I hope the rain stops for your vacation.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjjyXSo5ao&list=LLqC2LaRjjPGaH67rUuDJOhA&index=5&t=0s

To see Bill Hader geeking out over Keith Morrison is adorable & awkward all rolled together haha.

Apparently this is an Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/keithleansonthings/?hl=en
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Our staycation week didn't have the best start either. I spent Saturday morning in a&e with Ellie. Thankfully it was just a pulled elbow and they quickly clicked it back the right way and she's pretty happy now. Here's hoping it gets better from here!

Ouch. Poor thing!
  • quiksylver296
    Silver lining: the boy just pooped in the potty which is a minor miracle these days, and especially welcome as our washing machine is currently in pieces across the kitchen.

Great job, A!
  • quiksylver296
    Post powerlifting meet tradition. Cookie molcajete and margaritas! Not even a confession, a full-on brag! :laugh:

iq8ncqfe89lw.jpg
  • spamarie
    Speaking of brag/confessions I just had my first meal out with hubby without children since Ellie was born 19 months ago (last time was the day before her birth so I wasn't exactly comfy) and I had whatever the hell I fancied and it was glorious!! I checked the calories when I got home, probably just as well we only do this once every two years. I regret NOTHING.
  • Italian_Buju
    Speaking of brag/confessions I just had my first meal out with hubby without children since Ellie was born 19 months ago (last time was the day before her birth so I wasn't exactly comfy) and I had whatever the hell I fancied and it was glorious!! I checked the calories when I got home, probably just as well we only do this once every two years. I regret NOTHING.

Good for you! You deserve it!
  • spamarie
    My week off work was a total washout, literally couldn't have picked worse weather this year! So the kids mostly went to nursery as normal, and I got a little bit of time to myself (no bad thing) and we managed a couple of indoor activities including a massive warehouse full of inflatables. I think Mr Spam enjoyed that one more than the kids! I didn't get to do the big slides because Ellie was a bit overwhelmed, good excuse to visit again. I still really want to do some day trips before the school holidays start. Better luck next year.
  • Italian_Buju
    The weather has been awful here too....mid June and I am having to wear a sweater still.....unacceptable!!!
  • quiksylver296
    My week off work was a total washout, literally couldn't have picked worse weather this year! So the kids mostly went to nursery as normal, and I got a little bit of time to myself (no bad thing) and we managed a couple of indoor activities including a massive warehouse full of inflatables. I think Mr Spam enjoyed that one more than the kids! I didn't get to do the big slides because Ellie was a bit overwhelmed, good excuse to visit again. I still really want to do some day trips before the school holidays start. Better luck next year.

Glad you got some time to yourself. So sorry the weather didn't cooperate. Boo!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

Bummer but always good to have 'me' time.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    We got four inches of rain on Father's Day. I hope my garden is drowned!
  • spamarie
    I was back at work today and it was a perfectly nice cloudy but warm day. SIGH!