Need Motivation

Options
Anyone willing to help me and anyone else with motivation? It can be hard to motivate ourselves alone to our goals. If anyone is willing to help me to my goals then thank you. Encouragement needed!

Replies

• sandralcarmo
    sandralcarmo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also need some motivation. Maybe we can motivate each other.
    New to the app
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes after you see results. The results motivate you. Until then you just have to do it.

Someone wise once told me, "When you rely on a temporary emotion like motivation, you get temporary results"
  • JessicaLThomas0316
    JessicaLThomas0316 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help motivate and help with accountability! Please add me!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Motivation comes after you see results. The results motivate you. Until then you just have to do it.

Someone wise once told me, "When you rely on a temporary emotion like motivation, you get temporary results"

Right. But the only problem with that is motivation is not an emotion. If you look up the meaning it’s simply “the reason we do something”. I go to work - my motivation is a paycheck. I work out - my motivation is to lose weight and get healthier. We ALL do things due to being driven by some motivating factor. We don’t do something for nothing. Before someone can see results, something else has to motivate them to work hard enough to see those results.
  • almaddox0421
    almaddox0421 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ll help motivate & support! Add me!!
  • gunner117
    gunner117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll support you. I am just beginning this journey again myself. I had 74 pounds to lose and I've already lost 10 in the first month. Lets do this.
  • blonde092
    blonde092 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’m with you!! I’ve been using MFP for a few years, but I’m new to trying the community tab. I feel like I Yo-yo diet like crazy. I’ve been to my goal weight, and here I am almost at my starting point again. I need the motivation and accountability. Add me, and we can all help each other!!