What happens when you go way over calories one day..

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    It's actually pretty simple math.

If you are set to lose 1.5 lb/week that means that you have a weekly deficit of 5,250 cals built into your weekly goal (750 cals/day deficit).
    You exceeded your goal by 2000 cals yesterday, which means that even if you change nothing else, you would still have a deficit of 3,250 cals for the week.
    3,250/3,500 = 0.93

You would still lose almost 1 lb this week, after the temporary increase you saw from increased sodium levels off.

So basically - no long term damage done.

This.

I do the math. It's not that bad once your realize that as long as you go back to your plan, you'll make up for it in a few days.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just get back to your calorie goal. If you stick to your calorie limit, in the long run, you'll be back at your deficit. One day over your limit is not a big deal.
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Wondering if anyone knows how it affects rate of weight loss the week after eating so much? Hope more people post and someone can help answer that

Keep up the water intake, and eat a little under your goal calories for the rest of the week and you'll be fine. I've eaten a few whole pizzas (thin crust) during this lifestyle change. and I'm still losing 2lbs/week. It's a journey. One day won't derail you if you look at your CICO in the week-long picture.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's okay, this is nothing to beat yourself up over or worry about. It's just one day. I don't know what your scenario is on a daily basis, so I cannot predict what will happen. Maybe you will maintain. Maybe you will gain a few ounces or a pound in water weight (which will come right back off again). Or surprise- you might end up losing despite going over. Yes, that can happen. Either way it goes, don't worry. Just get right back on track again at the next meal. Everyone has their bad days food wise. But it's just one day- don't let one bad day ruin the whole thing. You got this!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It's okay, this is nothing to beat yourself up over or worry about. It's just one day. I don't know what your scenario is on a daily basis, so I cannot predict what will happen. Maybe you will maintain. Maybe you will gain a few ounces or a pound in water weight (which will come right back off again). Or surprise- you might end up losing despite going over. Yes, that can happen. Either way it goes, don't worry. Just get right back on track again at the next meal. Everyone has their bad days food wise. But it's just one day- don't let one bad day ruin the whole thing. You got this!

While this is really good advice, I really hope the OP isn't still beating themselves up over one meal three years ago! :)