Parmesan Crusted Fish w/ Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce (Keto-friendly)

Moxie42
Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
I made this tonight and HAD to share the recipe! It's SO good! Even my husband said he couldn't think of a single way to improve on it (he's a really good cook and I always ask if he has suggestions). It's keto-friendly but anyone who likes fish will love this!

This recipe makes 4 servings. A 4 oz serving of fish might not sound like much but with the crust and the rich sauce, it's actually plenty.

Cals per serving: 373
Carbs: 2g

Ingredients:

FISH
* Two 8 oz fillets of white fish (I used swai)
* 1/2 cup almond flour (you can use regular flour but the almond adds a great flavor)
* 1/4 cup parmesan
* 1 egg
* 2 tbsp milk or cream (I used half and half)
* 2 tbsp coconut oil

SAUCE
* 4 tbsp butter, melted
* 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup mayo
* Salt and pepper to taste (I used a sprinkle of lemon pepper, and an extra sprinkle of ground black pepper)

Directions:

FISH
* Set out three pie tins. In one, put half the almond flour. In one, put an egg, beaten with the milk. In the third, put the rest of the almond flour, and the parmesan, and mix it.
* Coat the fish in the almond flour from the first tin, then dip in the egg mixture, and then coat in the parmesan mixture.
* Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat, and add the fish
* The time it takes will depend on the thickness of the fillets. After a few minutes, check the bottom of the fish. When it's golden brown (and the bottom half of the fillets look opaque), flip it over and cook until the fish is opaque and the crust is a golden brown (a dark golden brown is great)

SAUCE
* Mix melted butter with the lemon juice and spices
* Add the mayo and mix well.
* Let it cool a bit so the sauce thickens up (you can always heat it up if you want it thinner)

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Sounds delicious. Never heard of swai, though.
  • FabFit40Nat
    FabFit40Nat Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds yummy and simple to make!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    lbsansouci wrote: »
    Sounds delicious. Never heard of swai, though.

I think any white fish would work :) Swai is cheap but I'd love to try it with halibut or tilapia sometime.
  • TammyWeinzatl
    TammyWeinzatl Posts: 2 Member
    Yum! Thanks for sharing :)
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2019
    Parmesan crust has been my trick for the more oily fish. I mix it with a little crushed cracker and your choice of almond flour sounds like a great substitute.

Mine is just even amounts of parm and crushed cracker and enough oil (not much) to make it like a thick paste. Press some on top of each filet and bake. *If it's a delicate fish you can sprinkle or crumble it over the top.

Just another option if people don't have all the ingredients (I always seem to be short on something in a great recipe I see 😆)
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Could you swap the mayo for greek yoghurt?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,793 Member
    Leftovers tonight, but I'm making this tomorrow. Fantastic that it's also keto friendly. Thanks!