Nutrition

I stepped on the scale this morning and on my scale it’s says 1423 calories. So my question is how do i figure out how much fat, protein and carbs should I intake?

Replies

• marylevin1
    marylevin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Google Macro Calculator and that should help you figure out your macros - or you could use a percentage split based on your goals
  • KBowden83
    KBowden83 Posts: 21 Member
    I did do that but it won’t let me put in my calories per day.
  • KBowden83
    It tells you everything on my scale BMI, water intake, muscle
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Does it have some sort of bluetooth interface that allowed you to enter your age and height?

• KBowden83
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    KBowden83 wrote: »
    Ok so if that’s a gimmick then why would they put something on there. It does everything for you. I don’t trust the internet because each micro calculator I tried gives me different calories. I’m so confused. Idk what to do.

Tech companies make products with dubious features all the time. There's probably a huge disclaimers section in the manual somewhere about it.

Regardless, you can use it or the MFP guided setup to determine your calorie goal. Your macros still don't affect your weight loss as long as your calorie target is in a deficit. MFPs default split is a good enough starting point.

I don’t understand how to do that.
  • KBowden83
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Does it have some sort of bluetooth interface that allowed you to enter your age and height?

I have already entered age and height. I have had this scale for a year.
    apullum wrote: »
    Ok so if that’s a gimmick then why would they put something on there.

Capitalism.

What do you mean?
    It does everything for you. I don’t trust the internet because each micro calculator I tried gives me different calories. I’m so confused. Idk what to do.

Put your stats into MFP and eat the number of calories it gives you.

I’m not sure how to do that.
  • NovusDies
    Ok so if that’s a gimmick then why would they put something on there. It does everything for you. I don’t trust the internet because each micro calculator I tried gives me different calories. I’m so confused. Idk what to do.

Either use MFP to set your calorie goal or pick some other method and get started. You can adjust it later as needed.

Here is a good thread to read:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Tech companies make products with dubious features all the time. There's probably a huge disclaimers section in the manual somewhere about it.

Regardless, you can use it or the MFP guided setup to determine your calorie goal. Your macros still don't affect your weight loss as long as your calorie target is in a deficit. MFPs default split is a good enough starting point.

Presumably you have created a MyFitnessPal account to be posting here. Either on the app or on the PC, you can go to the settings/goals to enter the info. Someone was kind enough to post the link upthread for you already.

• NovusDies
    edited June 2019

I have already entered age and height. I have had this scale for a year.

Then your scale is doing a TDEE calculation. There are many sites on the web that do them too. Some of them use different formulas so you will get slightly different results.

• KBowden83

Presumably you have created a MyFitnessPal account to be posting here. Either on the app or on the PC, you can go to the settings/goals to enter the info. Someone was kind enough to post the link upthread for you already.

Um I know that I’m trying to edit but it’s not letting

• KBowden83
    So here's the thing. Your scale may be right. Myfitnesspal should put you somewhere around 1400, too, if you set it up to "Lose 1 pound per week."

THEN what you do is log your food, keep track of your exercise and log it too.

In 4-6 weeks you can see if you are getting the results you expect. Macros really don't matter for weight loss...calories are the key. No calculator is going to be able to run these numbers perfectly, they are all based on general algorithms, including your scale. YOUR own tracking will tell you where you need to be.

So I’m trying go onto the link that you gave me buts telling me to sign in. I’m already signed in.
  • KBowden83

Either use MFP to set your calorie goal or pick some other method and get started. You can adjust it later as needed.

Here is a good thread to read:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I tried reading but it don’t understand that.

• NovusDies
    So here's the thing. Your scale may be right. Myfitnesspal should put you somewhere around 1400, too, if you set it up to "Lose 1 pound per week."

THEN what you do is log your food, keep track of your exercise and log it too.

In 4-6 weeks you can see if you are getting the results you expect. Macros really don't matter for weight loss...calories are the key. No calculator is going to be able to run these numbers perfectly, they are all based on general algorithms, including your scale. YOUR own tracking will tell you where you need to be.

So I’m trying go onto the link that you gave me buts telling me to sign in. I’m already signed in.

Are you using the app or are you using a web browser on a computer?