Nutrition

2»

Replies

• KBowden83
    KBowden83 Posts: 21 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    KBowden83 wrote: »
    So here's the thing. Your scale may be right. Myfitnesspal should put you somewhere around 1400, too, if you set it up to "Lose 1 pound per week."

THEN what you do is log your food, keep track of your exercise and log it too.

In 4-6 weeks you can see if you are getting the results you expect. Macros really don't matter for weight loss...calories are the key. No calculator is going to be able to run these numbers perfectly, they are all based on general algorithms, including your scale. YOUR own tracking will tell you where you need to be.

So I’m trying go onto the link that you gave me buts telling me to sign in. I’m already signed in.

Are you using the app or are you using a web browser on a computer?

I got it figured out. My scale says 1423 and mfp says 1450 not a big difference so I’m going to with the mpf calories.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Just put in the 1423 and MFP will do the macro part for you. My dietitian says to do 30% carbs, 30% protein, and 40% fat for optimum weight loss.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    njitaliana wrote: »
    Just put in the 1423 and MFP will do the macro part for you. My dietitian says to do 30% carbs, 30% protein, and 40% fat for optimum weight loss.

Macros are not directly relevant for weight loss. The only reason they might relate to weight loss is if certain macro proportions help you feel full.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Ok so if that’s a gimmick then why would they put something on there. It does everything for you. I don’t trust the internet because each micro calculator I tried gives me different calories. I’m so confused. Idk what to do.

Either use MFP to set your calorie goal or pick some other method and get started. You can adjust it later as needed.

Here is a good thread to read:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I tried reading but it don’t understand that.

Which part?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    In addition to that 1423 calories you should know what your TDEE is. That's the most important number. Then, know it's slightly under that over time to lose body fat.

A good rule of thumb for macros: Protein: .8-1.2 grams of protein per goal body weight (or LBM if you have that). Females need a MINIMUM of 30-50g of healthy fat for brain function and hormone production. Other than that the macros can be whatever you prefer. Some people like low carb, and others like it to be fairly even with protein (which makes sense because 1 g of either protein or carbs equals 4 calories). 1 gram of fat equals 9 calories.

This is why people can lose and gain body fat on ANY DIET STYLE.

Have fun and best of luck!