Carbs

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I am currently eating 1lb of strawberries. 160 calories with 35grams of carbs. Are strawberries bad? Can you eat a lb of strawberries in one sitting? Just asking...🤔

Eating fruits and berries is healthy.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    jdog022 wrote: »
    OP a member since 2010 and hasn’t come back since post. If she doesn’t know that carbs don’t make you fat by now then .. I just don’t know

I hear ya . . . but it's not a zombie/necro post: It's from yesterday. Some people set up a profile, then decamp for 9 years, maybe? ;)

I mean I restarted more times then I can count before it clicked and I stuck with it so maybe it’s this time for OP but could be 2030 before she sees these lovely responses 😀
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I am currently eating 1lb of strawberries. 160 calories with 35grams of carbs. Are strawberries bad? Can you eat a lb of strawberries in one sitting? Just asking...🤔

Well I’m allergic to strawberries so yes for me they are bad... ;)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with complex carbs but simple processed carbs should be limited if you’re actively trying to get fit and healthy

You have to limit them in the sense that they and everything ride you eat needs to come in at your calorie goal, if you're trying to lose weight. If you're trying to get fit, carbs are fires for high intensity exercise.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As homer once said "Carbs Mmmmmmm"
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to live on a really high carb/sugar diet. I always said i could never get read of potato, chocolate and bread, I struggled to lose weight and control cravings. I tried calorie counting and would lose about 10kgs on a 1200 cal diet but would always gain it back plus more and then lose it again in an endless battle. I went low carb on the keto diet and I have lost almost 20kgs in just as many weeks. Cravings are also gone! I will eventually add carbs back in once i get to my goal weight (half way there now :) ) But I will forever be limiting the amount of sugar I allow myself to have as it has had a huge difference on my life.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    OP you came to the wrong place if you want to complain about carbs. We like carbs and there is no reason (unless you have a medical issue) to avoid them.

I'd argue there are other reasoning to avoid carbs... Moderation issues and binge issues are other reasons..