Help? 30day shred!

Options
Hi guys, ive got the 30 day shred dvd, had it for some time but have never actually completed it :huh:
But the trouble is I would be able to do say 5/6days out of the 7 but be hard to do esp on sundays as im out the house all day!
So im wondering if i started it and missed a day would i be able to carry on or would i have to started again and do it for the 30days flat to see results? And feel free to add me more friends the better i find it. Give each other support % motivation :happy:

Thanks for taking the time a& replying :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I haven't fully done it as well. Started again this past Monday. It i sok to miss a day and complete the Shred in 30 -36 days. It would give your muscles as chance to rest as well. Good luck with your workout!!
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    You could try at nights when you get home no matter how late it gets for you. Also you could try some of the excersizes while out where ever you are don't be embarrassed.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I had to skip 2 days because I hurt my knee & started where I left off & I was fine. I don't think it matters if you miss a day here and there.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I say use the shred as you can, there are ideals and the real world I'm injured so have had to adapt some of the moves but it has still been effective. Good luck and enjoy it!
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, I started it just last night... I'm really tired and sore today but I want to keep at it... but like you there are going to be a day here and there that I just won't be able to do it, so I'm just going to go with it and do it as many days in a row that I can, I cant imagine missing a day here and there is going to hurt in any way. Any kind of excersize has got to be good. I like to walk also but I don't do that everyday either but still walk the days I can... just keep plugging away!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'm sure it will be good and fun for you doing it the way you are planning. Plus one rest day seems reasonable! :) Especially when you start 30DS. My arms hurt more than anything when I started O.o but I see results now and I still have a week left!
    Good job taking Jillian on! :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I had to skip 2 days because I hurt my knee & started where I left off & I was fine. I don't think it matters if you miss a day here and there.

Just wanna say hitch hikers is one of my all time faves!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You only have to answer to yourself. Skipping a day periodically is not going to set your body back. I have done 2 rounds of the Shred, the first round took me about 2 and a half months due to injury and illness. The second round took me about 42 day. I didn't lose a lot of weight (my eating, not her exercises) but I did tone up, especially my abs.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Jillian says in her Ripped video to workout out 5-6 days a week....so in essence it shoudl take more than 30 days...i did it in about 32 days.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished 30DS and have been using it here and there for quick effective workouts. It seriously only takes 20 mins so if you could manage to get up 20 mins ealier to get it in before you start your day you're golden! However, I honestly don't think it will have much effect if you rested on Sundays but keep in mind to complete the full 30 days--you'll see results!! :) I personally have lost maybe 2lbs total the whole 30 days but I was toning up quick! I lost almost 5 inches total body! Good luck!!
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options

And did you still see results?
  • Jade1x
    Options
    I say use the shred as you can, there are ideals and the real world I'm injured so have had to adapt some of the moves but it has still been effective. Good luck and enjoy it!

Aww hope your better soon! And im going to start it again and do my best at it this time :) Thanks
  • Jade1x
    Options
    You only have to answer to yourself. Skipping a day periodically is not going to set your body back. I have done 2 rounds of the Shred, the first round took me about 2 and a half months due to injury and illness. The second round took me about 42 day. I didn't lose a lot of weight (my eating, not her exercises) but I did tone up, especially my abs.

Wow sounds great because thats the area i wont to tone my abs and tops of legs :)
  • Jade1x
    Options
    Jillian says in her Ripped video to workout out 5-6 days a week....so in essence it shoudl take more than 30 days...i did it in about 32 days.

And what was your results in the end if you dont mind me asking x
  • Jade1x
    Options
    And girls another thing is i dont have hand weights (i used to use tin foods) whats another good object i could use untill get some weights? :embarassed:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options

And did you still see results?

Yes I lost about 5 or 6 lbs & I'm not sure how many inches because I didn't even think to measure in the beginning. But I know I lost at least an inch on my hips and an inch my my waist (measured about halfway through)

I used those big spaghetti cans before I got weights. It wasn't much but I figured it was better than nothing :laugh:
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 9. I have only missed two days since starting on 8/8. Personally, I noticed by the 15th day almost 2 inches of each side of my "love handles". As long as you do it 6 days a week faithfully to the end, you will see wonderful results. I think of my exercise as a "prescription from my doctor", just like any pill one would take daily for his/her health. So many people start and then don't finish, don't be one of them. I really think the whole idea of 30 DS is to "make the commitment", which eventually (hopefully) will make exercise become a habit.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    For weights I use the large peanut butter jars (about 3 pounds). Some people use water jugs (filled with water or sand). Anything you can grab/hold that is a pair and equal in weight can be used.
  • Jade1x
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 9. I have only missed two days since starting on 8/8. Personally, I noticed by the 15th day almost 2 inches of each side of my "love handles". As long as you do it 6 days a week faithfully to the end, you will see wonderful results. I think of my exercise as a "prescription from my doctor", just like any pill one would take daily for his/her health. So many people start and then don't finish, don't be one of them. I really think the whole idea of 30 DS is to "make the commitment", which eventually (hopefully) will make exercise become a habit.

How you finding it? Does it seem to get easier?
    Yeah when i start it i will do like 6days try my best to get sunday in aswell plus other exercises aswell like zumba 2/4times aweek i walk alot so will still be doing alot of exercise :) And plus 20minutes isnt that bad for a workout the sweats ya :)
    When i start im defo going to messure my waist and legs & my love handle i hope to shift few inches of those lol.
  • Jade1x
    Options
    Yeah at first i used baked beans :blushing:
    Suppose anything is better than nothing ay :smile: