Weight loss has stopped, and I have gained weight eating at deficit

Options
I started my diet 3 years ago. I have lost over 500 lbs so far. I hit 330 in march, and that's where it stopped. I am actually now at 350 and I have no clue why. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day, I do some weight lifting 3 times a week, I don't snack. The doctor says I am fine and it's just water weight and to cut back on salt. Well I have, and I've even started taking water pills. Nothing is coming off. But I haven't gained any inches, nor have I lost any. I'm a 6'0 male, 32 years old. This is stressing me out beyond belief. Does anyone have any clue what this could be?

Replies

• YomiRizer
    YomiRizer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food?

Yes. I eat the exact same thing every day.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How long since you've lost?

Can you open your diary?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Open your diary to public and maybe someone could spot some errors in your logging.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,826 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Why are you eating so little calories? You need more calories....May I suggest using a TDEE calculator....Your TDEE - 20% or even 25%
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    What was your rate of loss for the 2 months leading up to the 330?

• YomiRizer
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

2.5 to 3 lbs a week.
  • YomiRizer
    Options
    Your BMR has decreased. Try intermittent fasting. Look up Dr. Jason Fung. Read the Obesity Code. It changed my life.

Already doing 16/8 IF.
    YomiRizer wrote: »

lbs a week.

That is what I figured. You were in about a 1500 calorie deficit. Your TDEE should be just south of 3000 so you were eating 1500ish calories a day. Once you get this situation behind you, you really should consider 1750 and slowing down by .5 pound per week. You are quickly approaching the area when you need to start losing like other people.

These water pills you are trying... are they OTC or prescription?

Things say my TDEE is around 2700. I can try increasing my calories, but have no clue what to change in my diet to do that.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Your BMR has decreased. Try intermittent fasting. Look up Dr. Jason Fung. Read the Obesity Code. It changed my life.

Already doing 16/8 IF.

lbs a week.

That is what I figured. You were in about a 1500 calorie deficit. Your TDEE should be just south of 3000 so you were eating 1500ish calories a day. Once you get this situation behind you, you really should consider 1750 and slowing down by .5 pound per week. You are quickly approaching the area when you need to start losing like other people.

Things say my TDEE is around 2700. I can try increasing my calories, but have no clue what to change in my diet to do that.

32 M, 330lbs, 72 inches high, Sedentary = I have at 2982.

250 is an easy increase. A little extra oil or cheese in a salad will get you most of the way there.

What about those water pills? Is that something you bought over the counter or did the doctor prescribe something for you?

ETA: On your TDEE do you think you are below sedentary?
  • YomiRizer
    Options

Already doing 16/8 IF.

lbs a week.

32 M, 330lbs, 72 inches high, Sedentary = I have at 2982.

250 is an easy increase. A little extra oil or cheese in a salad will get you most of the way there.

What about those water pills? Is that something you bought over the counter or did the doctor prescribe something for you?

ETA: On your TDEE do you think you are below sedentary?

250? Oh no. I'm not at a 1200 calorie deficit. I'm eating 1200 calories, it's a 1500 calorie deficit.

The water pills are over the counter.