3 Months and 30 Pounds

Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
Went from 272 to 242 in 94 days.

Might actually be a bit lighter. The less I weigh, the more trouble I have with my stomach. :<

Not the point though. 30 pounds felt impossible in April. But now it's gone. Gone despite the 1600 calorie slice of cheesecake and the entire birthday cake, the occasional fast food dinner, the office donuts, and the stress, doubt and fear.

None of it mattered. I logged everything* that I consumed and lost it anyway. If I can make a ton of mistakes and barely exercise because I am a sickly human constantly fighting fatigue, and still make the impossible, possible. So can anyone.

I know I'm still fat and have a long way to go. But hey. Progress. I haven't been this light in 6 years.

*Disclaimer: I have not broken my habit of swigging milk directly from the jug, and I do not weigh or log those mouthfuls. I know. Shame.

Replies

• Jordan_FA_Johnson
    Jordan_FA_Johnson Posts: 2 Member
    Fatigue, are you referring to weakness in your limbs, and overall strength compared to your normal feeling of eating unhealthy?
  • SteroidalLolita
    SteroidalLolita Posts: 122 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    *Disclaimer: I have not broken my habit of swigging milk directly from the jug, and I do not weigh or log those mouthfuls. I know. Shame.

I do the same thing with chocolate milk and ginger ale because I'm a slob, but I never take more than a little sippie and I eat at such a deficit that I honestly couldn't care less, so I feel you. <3

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Fatigue, are you referring to weakness in your limbs, and overall strength compared to your normal feeling of eating unhealthy?

Just straight exhaustion. For example, we went grocery shopping for an hour on a Saturday. When we got back I could hardly get up from the couch, napped for a couple hours, and I think I went to bed at 8.

It doesn't always hit me that bad, but often enough. Literally anything I do can make me too tired to function. But that's not compared to before. I've been like this as long as I can remember. Its maybe a little better now.

Sorry that you are having such a problem with fatigue! There are various causes of fatigue; however, your description sounded like me years ago and it turned out to be a thyroid problem. If you haven't already, you may want to ask your doctor for blood work to assess your thyroid function.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

Just straight exhaustion. For example, we went grocery shopping for an hour on a Saturday. When we got back I could hardly get up from the couch, napped for a couple hours, and I think I went to bed at 8.

It doesn't always hit me that bad, but often enough. Literally anything I do can make me too tired to function. But that's not compared to before. I've been like this as long as I can remember. Its maybe a little better now.

I would also get your thyroid assessed.
    I could sleep forever and still feel tired.
    Feels like my brains zombified at times from being tired!

I also used to come home from work and sleep.
    I cant even sit on my bed to watch some telly (any time before bed) because i will 100% sleep.

And sometimes i can be cleaning the pots in the evening. Ill sit down for 5 mins on the sofa and get woken dead late by my partner saying "you fell asleep again".

And im medicated for it! Although i do need a review.
  • Jordan_FA_Johnson
    Jordan_FA_Johnson Posts: 2 Member
    @bametels & @Bex953172 : Oh man. Don't get me started about my thyroid. D:

I've had a goiter since I was 8. I've had my thyroid checked every 3-6 months since I was 17. I have a standing order at the lab. It's "normal." Totally fine. The fatigue is cuz I'm fat. :/

Roughly half my reason for losing weight is to prove my fatigue has nothing to do with my weight. Anyways lots of people are fat and can handle a friggin trip to the store without sleeping for 12 hours.

So I also had some fatigue issues, I recently found out mine. I eat 2300 cals a day ( I’m very active at work) and I thought I wasn’t eating enough. What it ended up being is sometimes I will have a cheat meal, or day. Then the next 2 days at least I feel sooooo weak and it’s hard to do anything physical. I found that as long as I stick strictly to my diet and quit going back and forth. 100% strength.

Another thing it could be by the sounds of it is sleep apnea. You match a lot of the side affects.

Either way I hope you find it out, long journeys take a lot out of you. As annoying as it is, please see a doctor for it if you have to. I know how terrible it can be.
  • Terytha

I've had a goiter since I was 8. I've had my thyroid checked every 3-6 months since I was 17. I have a standing order at the lab. It's "normal." Totally fine. The fatigue is cuz I'm fat. :/

Roughly half my reason for losing weight is to prove my fatigue has nothing to do with my weight. Anyways lots of people are fat and can handle a friggin trip to the store without sleeping for 12 hours.

So I also had some fatigue issues, I recently found out mine. I eat 2300 cals a day ( I’m very active at work) and I thought I wasn’t eating enough. What it ended up being is sometimes I will have a cheat meal, or day. Then the next 2 days at least I feel sooooo weak and it’s hard to do anything physical. I found that as long as I stick strictly to my diet and quit going back and forth. 100% strength.

Another thing it could be by the sounds of it is sleep apnea. You match a lot of the side affects.

Either way I hope you find it out, long journeys take a lot out of you. As annoying as it is, please see a doctor for it if you have to. I know how terrible it can be.

Dude. I have literally seen all the doctors for 20 years. I can only see so many doctors. I have three right now.

I don't eat cheat meals or have cheat days. I did a sleep study, no problem there.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    start by walking slow, maybe just 500 extra steps. when that gets easy, go 600. i did that every day for 18 months and now can do 7 miles (14k steps) when i have time. you use calories to improve weight, exercise to improve strength and stamina, and nutrition to control health. the future you will be happy with all three facets. one crutch that really helped me was platejoy.com. it kept eating interesting and healthy. in past attempts, i'd go for 3-4 months and get tired of eating the same things over and over. planning and prepping just took too much time. now platejoy.com does that for me and i'm still going strong after 19 months. keep up your good work
  • Terytha
    hroderick wrote: »
    start by walking slow, maybe just 500 extra steps. when that gets easy, go 600. i did that every day for 18 months and now can do 7 miles (14k steps) when i have time. you use calories to improve weight, exercise to improve strength and stamina, and nutrition to control health. the future you will be happy with all three facets. one crutch that really helped me was platejoy.com. it kept eating interesting and healthy. in past attempts, i'd go for 3-4 months and get tired of eating the same things over and over. planning and prepping just took too much time. now platejoy.com does that for me and i'm still going strong after 19 months. keep up your good work

I eat fine. I'd walk more, but even a few more steps leaves me staggering with exhaustion so. Probably not gonna do that.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 700 Member
    bjkoziara wrote: »
    I think everyone is so busy trying to diagnose you that they have missed the point entirely. Congratulations on the loss so far! You're right; it's so easy to feel like you are setting yourself back for letting yourself be human. Never lose sight of the bigger picture!

I was thinking 'yay you!' as well - stay happy with successes, it creates more of them!!
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Great job losing 30 pounds!
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Congrats on losing 30 lbs and enjoying the occasional treat. The 80/20 rule works!! Good luck on your journey and look forward to hearing about you having more energy after losing more!!
  • hopebewild
    hopebewild Posts: 17 Member

Have you had your heart checked?
  • jweb26
    jweb26 Posts: 2 Member
    When I was suffering from extreme fatigue I had a complete blood panel done and discovered my Vitamin D was very low and I was low in other vitamins as well. I was functioning not thriving. I don't know if that has every been checked for you but could be worth investigating.
  • Terytha
    hopebewild wrote: »

Have you had your heart checked?

Yup. Strong as a horse and healthy as it gets. My blood pressure is dead on. My vitamins are good. I'm not pre-diabetic. My lungs kind of suck but not unreasonably so. My kidneys and liver are solid. Etc.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Great job on sticking to this even with these obstacles. I know when I'm tired is extra hard to stick to my meal plan. I just want to order pizza and eat the whole thing.
    On the topic of fatigue : I had some similar fatigue issues to you before. I would feel so tired I felt ill. And I'd zonk out like deep deep every limb aching type out - like when you have a bad fever and sleep like death. Anyhow , turned out to be a combo of iron deficiency and food sensitivities that I didn't know about. Till I did Whole 30 and figured out what triggered me. Just thought I'd share. :)
    Hope you can get to the bottom of it but in the meantime, way to keep trucking!
  • hopebewild
    hopebewild Posts: 17 Member
    Well congrats on your weight loss! I hope you get some answers soon.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Dang! Great job on kicking butt!!! Maybe you need vitamin D or supplements?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!