Any suggestions on at home workouts?

13»

Replies

• alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    UPDATE: *I know I'm a slacker when it comes to self care, so I've been trying to post here to hold myself accountable.* I didn't start increasing my activity as far as consciously working up a sweat and increasing general movement until October 2018. I started with just walking and making my everyday activities more intense. In late January early February of this year I started adding home workouts like body weight hiit, yoga, and jogging. I've been up and down since October in the 133-139lb range ( not just my monthly fluctuations), and it's really been dragging me down in the momentum department. I know that's petty but I really didn't get what people meant by the last bit of work before maintenance being harder than getting started until I got here lol. It really is a mental trip for sure. Anywho, since I'm not on social media atm and my support system at home as far as my fitness journey goes is shaky, I've gotta share this NSV here. The scale says no major changes, but I have a feeling the measurements will say otherwise! Anndddd for the first time since I was 19 years old, I'm in single digit pants. I could straight cry y'all. Thank you MFP and the MFP community!!b5wduo40dnac.jpg
  • alliemaeg89
    Measurements are in: rd3s6g3kt6pf.jpg
    3.7 inches total! I finally get what everyone says about the scale being unreliable in the home stretch of it all.
  • alliemaeg89
    So I've hit my gw and bought a bikini, this is as good as it is getting this summer lmfao djngg4qtimkx.jpg
  • morganjw1
    morganjw1 Posts: 18 Member
    Squats, lunges, crunches, push ups, weight bands, kettle bells, yoga mat and exercise ball. You can get all the hard work you want with those exercises and even without the equipment if you can't get them.
  • alliemaeg89
    morganjw1 wrote: »
    Squats, lunges, crunches, push ups, weight bands, kettle bells, yoga mat and exercise ball. You can get all the hard work you want with those exercises and even without the equipment if you can't get them.

Thank you for the advice!! I've been doing body weight strength based exercises until I can get an assortment of equipment going. I'm *fingers crossed* supposed to be getting weights this weekend! Lol 😊