Mixing Gym wear brands

Options

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    I wear... wait for it... non-name brand clothes.

As long as they're clean & fit me - I couldn't even tell you what brand most of my stuff is.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix Walmart with Goodwill can't even notice the difference.

❤️
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    there is some psychology behind people who look good in the mirror/feel confident tend to have better self-esteem/work harder at the gym - but i haven't seen much recent research on it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    This is not anything I've ever thought about or anything I would consider remotely important in going to the gym. I pull out whatever is clean from my closet and throw it in my gym bag and just go to the gym and put my work in. Heck, I've forgotten to bring athletic socks with me and have had to wear my argyle work socks with my workout clothes.

Just go and focus on what you're there to do. The gym isn't a fashion show. Go get your work in and your sweat on...it doesn't matter what you're wearing (as long as you're wearing something).
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is not anything I've ever thought about or anything I would consider remotely important in going to the gym. I pull out whatever is clean from my closet and throw it in my gym bag and just go to the gym and put my work in. Heck, I've forgotten to bring athletic socks with me and have had to wear my argyle work socks with my workout clothes.

Just go and focus on what you're there to do. The gym isn't a fashion show. Go get your work in and your sweat on...it doesn't matter what you're wearing (as long as you're wearing something).

i'm lucky if i show up at the gym and don't get in trouble for being only partially dressed some mornings
  • etelfer39
    etelfer39 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I wear all redcon1.. but they sponsor me, sooo haha
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The gym isn't a fashion show. [ it doesn't matter what you're wearing .

waht?

wait.

some of us might disagree......

image.png?w=470&c=1

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I've NEVER matched my clothes like you are describing. I wear what is clean and is the most comfortable to the gym.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    okay... fine.

Y'all just wear whatever you want to the gym; but have a little decency and please ensure that your wrist-bands match your headband.

giphy.gif

it's unpossible to overstate the importance of this.
  • etelfer39
    Options
    zar296ghke82.jpg

Redcon!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    okay... fine.

Y'all just wear whatever you want to the gym; but have a little decency and please ensure that your wrist-bands match your headband.

giphy.gif

it's unpossible to overstate the importance of this.

I just finished up the IT Crowd. LOVED it.

And, I don't go to the gym but I do walk outside and really don't care if I'm matching or what brands I'm wearing (usually no name that I get that Marshalls or TJ Maxx). I just want to be comfortable and not too hot or too cold. :)
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If this is an honest concern for you, you should probably just stay home.

Seriously?

OP a lot of people ask this and like other comments have noted, it really does not matter. Most are not concerned at all with that. Get your gear on, get to the gym and do your work!

Thanks for this x
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    As long as you're wearing SOMETHING, try not to overthink it and just go smash your workout :)

hahaha defo always wearing something :') just been feeling extra conscious at the gym recently, everyone seems so confident and like they know what they're doing and its been a bit disheartening
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    As long as you're wearing SOMETHING, try not to overthink it and just go smash your workout :)

hahaha defo always wearing something :') just been feeling extra conscious at the gym recently, everyone seems so confident and like they know what they're doing and its been a bit disheartening

For me, my confidence grew alongside my increasing competence. Learning how to do things, getting stronger and fitter.

I can see how a nice gym outfit might make a person less self-conscious, so if that helps you to get it done and build a good gym habit, then do it. 🙂
  • etelfer39
    Options

Ask questions when you're there! we ALL started somewhere, and we are all there for the same reason. To better ourselves. I can speak for myself, but i'm actually flattered when people ask me for advice at the gym!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I mix brands all the time but I need to be coordinated, no clashy colours or patterns. I workout at home and this is very important to me or my workout suffers :p
  • etelfer39
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I mix brands all the time but I need to be coordinated, no clashy colours or patterns. I workout at home and this is very important to me or my workout suffers :p

Something tells me your workouts don't suffer haha